+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Ruben Studdard Part VII

Article about Ruben's participation in an after school program for kids. Here's an excerpt & Link:

Studdard is launching an after-school program, called "The Music Alternative Project," aimed at keeping young people away from gangs by teaching them the different behind-the-scenes aspects of music production, including song-writing, marketing, accounting and mixing.

"I am a product of the public school system ... and I had a lot of friends involved in gang activity," Studdard, a Birmingham native, told a statehouse panel Wednesday.

He said many of those same friends were talented singers and rappers, "but they didn't have a vehicle to push them."

The Birmingham-based program would enroll about 100 students each year from all over Alabama for music courses after school, on weekends and over the summer. Those who can't regularly make it to Audiostate 55 Recording Studios in Birmingham could participate through distance learning courses.

Henry Panion, a music professor at the University of Alabama at Birmingham who is director of the project, said he sees it as a form of crime prevention by reaching out to at-risk young people, ages 12-25, who already have an interest in music, but don't have the encouragement or connections.

He said Alabama is rich in musical talent, pointing to "American Idol" sensations Ruben, 2005 runner-up Bo Bice and Taylor Hicks, who's among this year's top eight "Idol" hopefuls. All three are from the Birmingham area.

Alabama's teens know the success stories and "they want to be the next American Idol," said Panion, who has worked with stars including Stevie Wonder, Dionne Warwick, Aretha Franklin, Studdard and last year's "American Idol" winner Carrie Underwood.

http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs....24&cachetime=5
    Sing & dance the night away!

Now that is good stuff. More people should use whatever "celebrity" they acheive to do things like this. Good on ya Rueben!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe View Post
    Article about Ruben's participation in an after school program for kids. Here's an excerpt & Link:

http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs....24&cachetime=5

thanks for this article. Ruben is one of my faves and now I have yet one more reason to like him.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Idol Studdard plans youth program

From the Asbury Park NJ Press:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Another article about Ruben's "Music Alternative Project" program to get teens off the streets and steer them towards music instead of gangs.

Good job, Rube!

FORT Fogey
    Love Ruben. Always did....Kimberly, and Clay, too. In my estimation, this was the very best season of Idol and all three of the top three were outstanding.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I am so proud of Ruben...always have been...and would've been even if he hadn't been from Alabama!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

PICS of RU at AllTel in Arizona

For everyone who's always asking whether Ruben fell off the face of the earth - here's the latest from his own mouth via MTV News:

Ruben's Got Ne-Yo, Wants Fantasia, Responds To Mandisa

'Idol' winner helps future superstars learn the biz while prepping next disc.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/152...headlines=true

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Ruben on March 29, 2006 at the Alabama Legislative in Montgomery.

Man oh man what ticks me off about that is my boss is also a State Representative and he wasn't in Montgomery at that time. He knows I am a huge AI fan so I need to make sure and tell him that if he values his life he better get me any autographs by ANY AI contestant that may show their face in the Legislature. Makes self a sticky note to tell him 1st thing Tuesday morning...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My man, Ruben. He's in Miami right now, working with Scott Storch on some songs for the new CD.

+ Reply to Thread