+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben Studdard Part VII

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe
    Ruben will be performing at the youth concert portion of the Presidential Inauguration next Tuesday.
    Wow. I didnít realize that Ruben was a Bush supporter. Thatís an interesting career move. Itís a pretty controversial inaugural, for a variety of reasons.

According to Soundscan, Rubenís sales so far for I Need An Angel are 301,320.

Ruben did a beautiful acapella rendition of "God Bless America" at the inaugural ceremonies. BTW, you don't have to be a supporter to perform at any Presidential event - Ruben never said he was or wasn't a Bush supporter.

Check your local listings for the Stellar Gospel Awards - Ruben made a surprise appearance - they began airing yesterday.

He taped the BET Celebration of Gospel last night, that will be aired 2/24.

He will also be performing at the NBA All-Star Gospel concert in Denver on 2/19 - don't think it's on TV, though.

Even though they dissed RU on MADTV last night(that's what they do to everyone), I have to admit the skit about all the former AI winners & runners up (also Simon & Hung) was funny.

The "INAA" CD is #1 on the Billboard Gospel charts for the 8th week!
    Sing & dance the night away!

Ruben's hangin' tough at #2 on the Gospel chart with sales of over 350,000 to date. He was wonderful on the BET Celebration - reruns starting 3/6 - check your listings and on the Stellar and Gospelfest shows.

Here's an article about his bandmates Just A Few Cats new CD - hear clips at the site - sounds great. RU will be one of the featured vocalists.

Just A Few Cats CD Release: With a little down time from the road the Cat's have been in the studio completing their anticipated CD CATastrophunk. Complete with a soulful blend of music, early indications suggest that the CATS have a hit compilation on thier hands. Vocalists include PJ Morton, Terrence Baldwin and of course Ruben Studdard. The CATS are preparing to hit the road again with Ruben and Fred Hammond during March and April. The new CD should hit the shelf around mid March. For more information on Just A Few Cats visit www.JustAFewCats.com

Ruben has been nominated for three Gospel Insider Awards. Best New Gospel Artist, Best Male Gospel Artist, and Song of the Year for "I Need an Angel".

The JAFC "CATastrophunk" Cd should be out on an independent label by the end of this month.

Great seeing RU on AI4 last night!

Here's some news from the MTV site:

Ruben Studdard is already working on the follow-up to his gospel collection, I Need an Angel, but the second "American Idol" winner is releasing one more single from that album first, "Ain't No Need to Worry," featuring Mary Mary. Studdard is also meeting with movie producers about acting. "I am looking forward to stretching out and doing some different stuff," he said. ...

Do they mean a follow-up Gospel CD or a follow-up to "Soulful"? Hmmm!

From the Mar. 23 Birmingham News:

http://www.al.com/printer/printer.ss...3773166350.xml

Studdard's attorneys to press fraud suit
    Wednesday, March 23, 2005
    CHANDA TEMPLE
    News staff writer

Attorneys for Ruben Studdard will return to court April 28 to argue why they should be allowed to represent the 2003 "American Idol" winner in a fraud lawsuit against his former business manager.

Attorneys at the firm of Burr & Forman filed the suit last month on behalf of Studdard, claiming that Ron Edwards misused more than $246,000 of Studdard's money in the year he worked for Studdard. The suit also accuses Edwards of making unauthorized expenditures after he was fired.

An attorney for Edwards denies the allegations and has asked Presiding Circuit Judge Scott Vowell to disqualify Studdard's lawyers because Edwards is a former client of the firm. Edwards says the firm helped him incorporate his entertainment and marketing business and wrote his will.

Efforts Tuesday to reach Studdard's attorney were unsuccessful.

Edwards has maintained that Studdard owes him money, and has filed a counterclaim seeking $500,000 in compensatory and punitive damages. Edwards' company, SEZ Inc., also is named as a defendant in Studdard's suit.

Edwards' attorney, Glennon Threatt, said Edwards was a longtime family friend and helped Studdard financially in 2003 before Studdard won "American Idol" in May.

Threatt said that before Studdard won, his driver license had been revoked, he had no insurance and he was about to be evicted from his apartment because the rent was at least four months late.

Threatt said Edwards paid certain expenses for Studdard - cell phones, hotel rooms and other bills - from his company account. He also paid Studdard's past-due rent, Threatt said.

Once Studdard won "American Idol," Studdard and Edwards had an oral agreement on certain ways Edwards would be paid for professional management fees and be reimbursed for expenses and other services, Threatt said. Edwards was never paid, according to Threatt.

He said the existence of the agreement is not in dispute, but Studdard wrongly claims Edwards agreed to work for free.

Birmingham city court records show that Studdard, 26, was charged in September 2000 with operating a vehicle without insurance and in October 2001 with having no state driver license. Records show Studdard was found guilty of both misdemeanor charges in July 2003 - two months after winning "American Idol" - and paid $215 and $565 in fines.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Here's Ruben's upcoming schedule! Hope you Rufans caught him on AI4 and "Life on a Stick" recently.

4/10 - Dateline NBC - interview by Al Roker
    4/21 Apollo Gala - not sure of TV coverage- tix avail at Ticketmaster
    4/26 - sitcom "All of Us" on UPN
    5/2 - Kentucky Derby Mint Julep Ball
    5/7 - Insider Gospel Awards - 2 nominations
    5/20 - Just a Few Cats CD release party - "CATastrophunk" will be available to purchase online next week at www.justafewcats.com
    5/29 - Cleveland concert - tix avail at Ticketmaster
    6/24 - Hampton Jazz Festival-Hampton, VA
    7/1 - Essence Music Festival- New Orleans
    7/23 - Six Flags concert - Arlington, TX - Tix avail at Ticketmaster
    9/30 & 10/1 - Caesar's Atlantic City

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBabe
    Hope you Rufans caught him on AI4 and "Life on a Stick" recently.
    I did, and I also caught an video interview with him and Kim Caldwell on the official AI website. Ruben looked very polished and urbane. I enjoyed the parts where Ruben got to speak. Unfortunately Kim C. cut in and blabbed every time Ruben opened his mouth.

I'm sure everyone knows the official website but just in case you don't it's: http://www.idolonfox.com/photosvideos/
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I got my CATastrophunk CD today and it's really great! If you enjoy groups like Earth, Wind & Fire, Maze, & Funkadelic, you'll enjoy this. There's also some jazz, smooth R&B, and a Reggae number. I am loving this CD!

Ruben singing the Nat'l Anthem at the Dodgers game tomorrow night for Jackie Robinson Day.

Ruben's song "I Need An Angel" won the Gospel Insider Award for Best Song last Saturday night!

Ruben bobbleheads are available on ebay - they are so cute!

+ Reply to Thread