+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruben Studdard Part VII

FORT Apache, The Bronx
    Only 6,000 copies separated Jay-Z at #6 and Ruben at #10 this week...

From Billboard:

As overall sales expectedly plummet in the first post-Christmas sales week, OutKast's two-CD set "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" (Arista) is able to remain No. 1 on The Billboard 200 for a fifth, non-consecutive week. The set holds there despite a 60% sales dip in the U.S. to 151,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Jay-Z's "The Black Album" (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam) jumps back into the top 10 with a 12-6 gain. Sales, however, are down 53% to 89,000 copies. Evanescence's Wind-Up debut "Fallen" has a similar increase in position, soaring 16-7, but it also takes a major sales hit. The album moves 85,000 copies in its 44th week of release, about 45% behind last week.

The 50 Cent-led G-Unit is back in the top-10. The act's debut, "Beg for Mercy" (Shady/Interscope), jumps 11-8, despite a 45% sales dip to 85,000 copies. Country star Toby Keith falls 3-9 with his "Shock'n Y'all" (DreamWorks), taking a 74% hit to 84,000 copies.

Second-season "American Idol" winner Ruben Studdard rounds out the top 10 with his J Records bow, "Soulful." The set sells 83,000 copies in its fourth week on the chart, a 61% decline from last week.

No new releases reach The Billboard 200, and the only album on the chart to see any sort of sales boost is the DMZS/Columbia soundtrack to "Cold Mountain." Sales of the album are up about 2% to 16,000 copies, giving the set its first week on The Billboard 200 at No. 114.

Final figures for the week, will keep Ruben in the Top 10 of the Billboard Top 200 chart at #10, with 83,000 copies sold. As expected, the after Christmas slump hit and most CDs dropped about 60% from last week.

After 4 weeks since being released and still w/o a video on air, he is only 44,500 short of 1,000,000 sold. Way to go, Ruben!
    Sing & dance the night away!

Wow, Toby keith's numbers took a hit last week, 74% drop.
    Rube is hanging in there nicely.
    I look forward to him topping the mill in sales next week.

Great job Ru
    "That's Numberwang!"

PLATINUM SELLING STAR!! RUBEN_205's Avatar
    yeahoo for ruben! cant wait till he goes platinum!!! hey does anyone know what time BET 106&park comes on on friday?
    "This is wonderful, man. I've dreamed of being in this place my whole life and I'm finally here, and there is nothing better than being able to live out you dream." ~ Ruben Studdard
    MY FORT FRIEND IS ClayAiken#1Fan!!!!!
    I Love Ruben! The gospel-singing, taco bell eating victor of american idol!!!

106 & Park comes on from 6 - 7:30 pm here in the east. It is usually repeated the next day at 11:30 am EST. Check your tv listings.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee

I also thought your first post meant that people aren't Clay fans if they don't like his CD. I didn't want to post a comment to that because I didn't want to start up something. I'm glad that you cleared that up.
    I'm glad I cleared it up, too. I really hated how that looked when I read it again later. Sometimes the words that come out of me just don't convey what I really mean. Thanks for the suggestions.

Well gang, it's been confirmed that Clay and Kelly will tour together. I sincerely hope that Ruben will get to tour solo.

A) He deserves to have the sole spotlight (as do Clay and Kelly)
    B) I'm only interested in hearing Ruben sing.
    C) He needs to break away from the AI context

Nevertheless I'm still rooting for a Ruben-Clay movie, but only if it's well written (what are the chances of that? :rolleyes). The chemistry between their personalities is adorable.

I'm not sure what the Kelly/Clay tours means for Ruben.
    It seems strange to me that they're touring together when they could both headline their own tours.
    I hope this doesn't mean Rube has to tour with Justin
    "That's Numberwang!"

The good news is that Ruben's CD material is SO non-AI that it probably wouldn't be feasible to pair him up with anybody from the AI show. Ruben is the only finalist to make hip-hop and funk a part of his repertoire. Our Teddy Bear is one shrewd dude.

RUBEN VIDEO ON BET 108 & Park in the next hour - sorry, just got the news!

+ Reply to Thread