Thread: Ruben Studdard Part VII

Another RUbear appearance:

Show: BET Celebration of Gospel
    Episode: BET's Celebration of Gospel IV
    Network: (BET) Black Entertainment Television
    Date: Tuesday - February 24, 2004
    Time: 09:00 pm - 11:00 pm ET

Featured Artists
    Yolanda Adams, Shirley Caesar, Anthony Hamilton, Fred Hammond, Bobby Jones & New Life..., Rev. John P. Kee, Donnie McClurkin, Ruben Studdard, CeCe Winans, Vickie Winans
    About: BET's Celebration of Gospel IV
    Taped January 24, 2004 at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles. Scheduled performers include CeCe Winans featuring the Born Again Choir, Pastor Shirley Caesar, John P. Kee, Yolanda Adams, Vickie Winans, Donnie McClurkin, Ruben Studdard, Fred Hammond, Anthony Hamilton, and Dr. Bobby Jones.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Currently watching Rube on On Air with Ryan Seacrest.
    Apparently Rube and Ryan used to sing R Kelly's Ignition during the breaks on AI2.
    They just sang it together on the show, even Ryan sounded pretty good
    "That's Numberwang!"

Rickey is also singing backing vocals on On Air.
    It's really good to see him, such a nice guy.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Loved both shows. I remember back during AI2, Ruben talking about singing Ignition during breaks. It was great to see Ricky. Wonder if Ruben has changed his backups or if that was just for the shows done in L.A. this week.

PLATINUM SELLING STAR!! RUBEN_205's Avatar
    saw ruben on On Air with Ryan Seacrest. i loved that little ignition thing! saw ricky as a back up singer! good to see him again! he always seemed so nice! i thought ruben did a great job on On air! way to go ruben! i was really bummed though! i was watching TRL today and i didnt see anything about ruben or his premiere today. the VJ's on the show didnt even talk about it and i went to the website and i believed it said nothing about it either! whats that all about!? anyone know? but great job to ruben for his great performance on On air!
    "This is wonderful, man. I've dreamed of being in this place my whole life and I'm finally here, and there is nothing better than being able to live out you dream." ~ Ruben Studdard
    MY FORT FRIEND IS ClayAiken#1Fan!!!!!
    I Love Ruben! The gospel-singing, taco bell eating victor of american idol!!!

TRL is premiering it today, instead. Not sure why they changed dates.

From the Yahoo! website...click here for the article.

'Idol' Studdard Not Trying to Lose Weight
    Thu Jan 22, 1:51 AM ET

NEW YORK - He doesn't exactly look like a gym rat, but Ruben Studdard says he likes a good workout.

The "American Idol" winner was an offensive tackle at Alabama A&M University, and says he tries to exercise when he can.

"I like to work out," he told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "I went to college on a football scholarship, but I got lazy, man, for a little while. ... Going to the gym, your day might be better."

But when asked whether he was trying to lose weight, the Velvet Teddy Bear known as much for his large size as his booming voice shook his head no.

Studdard's debut album, "Soulful," has sold over 1 million copies since its release last month. He's also up for a Grammy, for best male R&B performance, at the Feb. 8 awards.

The 25-year-old said he's excited about the possibility of winning a statue.

"I've been writing Grammy speeches for as long as I remember," he said.

I am so tired of every article about Ruben either being about his size/weight or using a size/weight related adjective to describe him! It's over played and totally unnecessary at this point. Don't they think we'll know who they mean, if they just write Ruben Studdard, instead of the portly winner of American Idol? Arrrrgh!

"Sorry 2004", the hit single from Grammy Nominee and American Idol winner, Ruben Studdard's debut CD "Soulful", took a leap from #35 to #20 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week. The CD retains it's #8 position on the Top 200 album chart, keeping it in the top 10 for six straight weeks. Numbers for the R&B charts will be posted as soon as they are available.

You can watch Ruben's video for "Sorry 2004" when it premieres on TRL today, or see him sing it tonight on the Craig Kilborn show.

Don't forget to vote for the video on BET's 106 & Park each day.

I know what you mean, OSB. I was just posting that article more for FYI purposes than anything else. I certainly wasn't trying to open anyone's old wounds...

Lobes, not hatin' on you, Sweetie - I knew it was FYI. It's those DARN self-righteous media Hos!

Here's some great news - new Billboard numbers:

YES, it's for real, they just put the boards up, I've been checking every 5-10 minutes, so I know. RUUUUUUUBEN #1 on R&B CHART!!!!!

RNB ALBUMS #1 from #2
    RNB singles #14 from #18
    Top 200 ALBUMS #8 -HOLDS
    Hot 100 singles #20 from #35

+ Reply to Thread