+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ryan Seacrest, Host

Re: Ryan Seacrest, Host

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2818456;
    Personally, I just think he is being nice. My boss does the same thing to us and he's not trying to get in our pant. I personally like Ryan. He doesn't annoy me at all. It's Randy "Dawg" Jackson that grates on my nerves
    Ditto, I think he's a genuinely nice person, genuinely sad for the contestants and the job of delivering the results of voted-off contestant(s) (and to care about them) is pretty difficult---so my respects! He really annoyed me the first couple of seasons, but he seems more compassionate this time around. Though I don't find Randy annoying, Paula kind of does that for me, only "kind of."
    "Jade just needs to get laid. " - Nigel Barker

In case Ryan ever reads this:

DON'T GO TO SIMON FOR ADVICE AFTER SOMEONE HAS BEEN BOOTED OFF!

At that point, all the contestant needs to hear are kind and comforting words, telling them that although they've lost the one thing in the world they really want, they're going to be okay.

It's like not getting into your dream college, for example... "tough love" from your Mom & Dad wouldn't make you feel any better; that's the college you wanted, and now you can't go there. Everyone can tell you that you'll end up happy wherever you go, and that it's the school's loss, but at that point that's the thing you want, and nobody can give it to you. (Geeesh.. I'm getting all ready for college admissions letters in April! Fingers crossed!)

For the exit advice, Paula's best. Sure, she may sound ridiculously optimistic, but we all need a little hope when we're feeling down. Not an unnecessarily cruel, "I don't think you'll ever make it big in the music world" (Simon to Colton) or a "Everyone could tell you weren't genuine" (Simon to Robbie).
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2818456;
    I personally like Ryan. He doesn't annoy me at all.
    Whoever said...? You got it all wrong.

American Idol only works with Randy, Paula, Simon,...and Ryan.
    Ryan is perfect for the show.
    I don't know about the other media presence of Ryan, his star on the Walk of Fame was way too early, but he is perfect for the show.

I always liked that he was holding himself back, not making the show about himself. Thats the way it works.
    I have seen parts of the very first season.
    And there was some other host next to Ryan.
    It was terrible, the other guy had some "Entertainment Tonight Tone" going, unbearable.
    Excellent decision to get rid of the other guy, and to give Ryan the whole job.

But this grabbing and excessive hugging is new, I've seen a few seasons already.
    I don't know, maybe his shrink told him to get closer to people.
    It just looks odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2819626;
    It just looks odd to me.
    If I was a contestant, I wouldn't mind Ryan getting closer to me! He's a cutie.
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by ko0la1d;2819406;
    Ditto, I think he's a genuinely nice person, genuinely sad for the contestants and the job of delivering the results of voted-off contestant(s) (and to care about them) is pretty difficult---so my respects! He really annoyed me the first couple of seasons, but he seems more compassionate this time around. Though I don't find Randy annoying, Paula kind of does that for me, only "kind of."
    He was never as annoying as Dunkelman.

He still gets on my nerves, usually when he starts slamming the judges, mostly Simon, for giving their opinion. He is a good host for this show, though. He does seem to genuinely care about the kids.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle;2819626;
    But this grabbing and excessive hugging is new, I've seen a few seasons already.
    It just looks odd to me.
    Not sure what you meant by the beginning of your post. But I was just stating that Ryan doesn't annoy me. I think he is just being friendly with the contestants. I wouldn't mind him hugging on me. I think he's a cutie
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I took, you mentioning that you are not annoyed by Ryan, as an implication that I am. Which I am not.

The last thing I would want is, to change out one of the four guys.
    That would ruin the show.
    But I notice differences if they take place.

Everybody probably knows about, picking up strange habits for virtually no reason.
    Until your friends ask you, "what are you doing, what is that"?
    And then you stop.

Speaking of strange habits, did anyone finally identify the significance of the "moose wave"?

Leo
    Premium Member

It's Simon Cowell's way of sending messages to his alien overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;2829019;
    Speaking of strange habits, did anyone finally identify the significance of the "moose wave"?
    Danny did that to Simon and said "WHAT-EVER!" on Tuesday because he didn't like Simon's critique. I loved Danny but I'm afraid that cost him being in the final 12 because I think most of America didn't find that charming or humble. I voted for him because I looked over the attitude and found a very talented guy whose albums I would totally buy.

+ Reply to Thread