+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ryan Seacrest, Host

I'm sorry but I heart Ryan Seacreast. He's the bestest host in the world!

I still remember how nice he was when Simon told Antonella, "You singing that song would be like Ryan doing the news". He said something like, "That was much better than me doing the news, trust me."

Yay for Ryan! Haha.
    2003-2008.

Did anyone catch the news on Fox after House? I don't know if it was just our local (San Diego) station, but there was a teaser about some contestants "speaking out" about how Ryan gets on their nerves, or annoys the hell out of them (maybe how he tries to get them to diss the judges or whatever post-critique?). The hype is usually more interesting than the actual story, but -- long story short -- I missed the segment and wondered if anyone here caught it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Ryan Seacrest, Host

Link Here

Ryan Seacrest to host Emmy Awards

Mon Aug 20, 3:33 PM ET

Ryan Seacrest, host of top-rated television show "American Idol," has been picked to host the primetime Emmy Awards when they air in September.

The Emmys are the U.S. TV industry's top honors, and they are traditionally hosted by A-list TV stars including recent emcees Ellen DeGeneres and Conan O'Brien.

Seacrest "is a consummate host of major live broadcast events and a proven talent who always makes it look easy, which makes him the perfect choice for this year's Emmy telecast," Mark Darnell, president of alternative entertainment at the Fox television network, said in a statement.

Fox, which broadcasts singing talent show "American Idol," also airs the Emmys this year.

Seacrest, 32, is known for his spiky hair, bright smile and witty banter with "Idol" judges including the often critical Simon Cowell. The affable Seacrest sometimes defends show contestants if judges' criticism seems too harsh or personal.

Seacrest is also a managing editor and anchor for cable TV's "E! News," has served as a guest host for the popular "Larry King Live" talk show, and has hosted other awards shows. He has worked in radio since the age of 16.

"(He) appeals to a broad audience ... so he should serve as a magnet for attracting a diverse array of viewers to our Emmy telecast," said Dick Askin, chairman of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, which awards the Emmys.

The 59th Primetime Emmy Awards will be broadcast on Sunday, September 16, from Los Angeles.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

This guy is everywhere! Wasn't he recently signed to host the Superbowl's pre-game and halftime show? And, now, he's also doing the Emmy's next month? One word: Overexposed

Ryan's making the best of his career opportunities but it's a bit too much. Notice that's he aged quite a bit since 2003. All the wear and tear takes a toll a body, mind.

I love Ryan and don't mind seeing/hearing him everywhere! I say strike while the iron is hot and utilize all those opportunities!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I don't love him or hate him, but agree he might as well get it while he can.

Rather lengthy article about Ryan...

Link Here

Funny part in the article:
    In 2005, Seacrest was honored for his accomplishments with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

"The best part about that day was that Simon Cowell had to come in my honor and stand and almost appreciate me for about an hour," Seacrest said. "It was really the most fulfilling aspect of the entire day."
    I love how they always try to one-up each other!

Link Here

One New Year's resolution for the multi-tasking Ryan Seacrest, who is single, could be to find a Mrs. Seacrest – or, at least, make time for a personal life.

"I think, in a way, my goal is to focus on a little bit more balance," a smiling Seacrest 33, told PEOPLE at a recent photo shoot for Crest and Scope's tooth-whitening products. "I really haven't been out with anybody. ... This week I'll literally work seven days, and I'll get home at 10 p.m."

So, how will he make more time for romance?

"I don't know," Seacrest says. "I haven't figured it out yet."

As for his busy schedule this week, Seacrest will be in New York's Times Square to bid farewell to 2007 with his New Year's Rockin' Eve co-host Dick Clark – whom Seacrest tells PEOPLE is "doing better and better" after suffering a stroke in late 2004.

"He's doing alright," says Seacrest. "He and Fergie and I were doing a photo shoot, and Fergie couldn't have looked better. Dick gave some vintage looks to [the] camera when he saw her gorgeous legs and body in this little skirt."

Meanwhile, Seacrest is also prepping for American Idol's upcoming seventh season (premiering Jan. 15). "This year, you will see us go back to our roots," Seacrest says. "We're going to focus more on the kids – where they came from, the background, what they did for a living. We also have more rockers this year."

More Rockers this season!
    Now, that's what I'm talking about!

+ Reply to Thread