+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Ryan Seacrest, Host

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    He was the original host of AI. Ryan replaced him pretty quickly I think. But didn't Dunkleman host Cupid?????
    No, Brian McFadden, a former MTV VJ did.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    No, Brian McFadden, a former MTV VJ did.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I knew I'd seen Cupid guy somewhere. lol

I still love Ryan more and am thrilled for his success. He just seems like a good ole southern boy. He is so humble, and I love the way he makes fun of himself. On his new show he talks about how they need to get rid of the billboard with his big fat head on it. Too funny!

If you haven't watched On Air yet, do. He's really got a lot of personally. You'll be hooked. I'm going to watch it in 15 minutes. =)

Your fired, I saw just the tail end of two shows. He does have a great personality. He makes me think that we could just strike up a conversation as if we were old friends. He knows how to make people relax and feel comfortable.

Ryan Seacrest: What do you think of him?

Ryan Seacrest: He is a little to perky, it makes me happy though! LOL He is really good at the show, the commercials disgust me; but you know it helps them make the money! HaHa And he is funny to, esp. with the she bangs thing. HaHA
    -if life gives you lemons throw them at people-
    -Don't make me release the flying monkeys!-
    -Mean people suck-
    -God Bless Us Freaks
    -Creative people must be stopped-
    -Mandora says"Will i get a boyfriend?" Quoth the Raven "Nevermore" Quoth me" You suck Raven!"-

'Idol' Host to Take Over LA Radio Show

Well, you can't accuse him of not working hard, that's for sure. If there are any other LA locals out there, this story's for you.

Feb 12, 10:40 AM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Ryan Seacrest will soon take over the popular local morning radio program that disc jockey Rick Dees hosted for more than two decades.

Seacrest, who hosts Fox's "American Idol" and replaced Casey Kasem on the syndicated "American Top 40" radio countdown, will host the daily KIIS-FM show from the same Hollywood studio he uses for his new syndicated live TV talk show, "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest."

The KIIS show also will be called "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest," station owner Clear Channel Communications said Wednesday.

Seacrest, a 29-year-old Atlanta native, confirmed the new radio gig on his TV show Wednesday during an interview with Britney Spears.

"I am honored and privileged to have the opportunity to become the host of the renowned KIIS-FM morning show," he said in a statement later. "I am looking forward to returning to daily radio."

Dees, 53, had hosted the KIIS morning show for 22 years, and hinted that he was forced out when he announced his departure Tuesday on-air. He'll continue to host his own "Weekly Top 40" radio program, which airs on KIIS and is internationally syndicated through Premier Radio Networks.
    Thank God, I was getting sick of Rick Dees. I prefer Ryan Seacrest, but how many bloody jobs does this man have now?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I posted the news in a new thread, too, earlier today

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    Ryan is actually 29. He said so on Larry King Live. He was doing PR for On Air, and he said his age several times. I think the producers at American Idol pulled a New Kids on the Block. They want Ryan to appeal to young girls so they reduced his age. Maurice Starr did the same thing with all 5 of the New Kids. He made them all about 2 years younger than they actually were.

So far, it has worked for both parties. The New Kids made tons of money, and everyone seems to love Ryan.
    It totally worked on me, I used to love the New Kids when I was in second grade...As for Ryan, I wasn't overly fond of him last season, but then I watched American Juniors , and he was really cute with the kids, so now I like him alot more.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I love Ryan Seacrest. I agree with Crysma, I find his charm and amiability to be refreshing. Plus, he is a cutie IMHO. Then again, I'm all over the metrosexual thing. My husband will kill me for saying this, since he is a closet metrosexual, but I love a man who takes care of himself and doesn't mind coming with me to the spa and going shopping. I like that Ryan is into grooming and isn't ashamed to talk about it--isn't it better than being an ugly slob?

BTW, Crysma, you don't want to know who Dunkleman is. Trust me, I wish I could erase the memory. He was the original AI co-host with Ryan during the first run in 2002. He went extinct pronto, and I saw him doing stand-up not long after that. The guy has zero talent or charisma.

ETA this handy visual reference...

Original AI Hosts

Dunkleman, not so much the looker
    I like ryan better, the other guy kind of well scares me...
    -if life gives you lemons throw them at people-
    -Don't make me release the flying monkeys!-
    -Mean people suck-
    -God Bless Us Freaks
    -Creative people must be stopped-
    -Mandora says"Will i get a boyfriend?" Quoth the Raven "Nevermore" Quoth me" You suck Raven!"-

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I prefer Ryan Seacrest, but how many bloody jobs does this man have now?
    Right now he has four. I wont begrudge a person work, but I find it kind of alienating to hear him on American Idol and on On Air talking about how he spends so much money on manicures and pedicures. There are a lot of people out there desperately looking for ONE job to support their families. Shut up about your nails, Ryan.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    Right now he has four. I wont begrudge a person work, but I find it kind of alienating to hear him on American Idol and on On Air talking about how he spends so much money on manicures and pedicures. There are a lot of people out there desperately looking for ONE job to support their families. Shut up about your nails, Ryan.
    I feel sorry for his girlfriend. Think about his days, especially now with Idol on the air. He has a morning radio show that starts at 6 a.m. He tapes On Air at noon. Then, he has to be at Idol for a 5 p.m. showtime. He also has to tape American Top 40, which is a 4 hour show. Plus, there's all these pre-production meetings for both On Air and Idol. When does the man have time for a personal life? I've heard of married to the job, but this really takes it a step further.

I just have to wonder if the latest radio show is a safety net. On Air isn't shining in the ratings so is he afraid it will get cancelled and leave him without a steady income? Idol is afterall only a 6 month gig. I am sure he wouldn't be hurting for money, but he did by a 3 level house in the Hollywood Hills, and like you said, he has to fork out all that money to be a metrosexual -- manicures, pedicures, facials, tanning, etc.

I think he might honestly be afraid the talk show will tank so now he wants a backup. Personally, I think the talk show would be fine if Fox will only let him be. Right now, they're using him as their own personal PR machine. He's had so many fox associated people on there that it's not even funny. NBC doesn't hold Leno prisoner like that. I wish Fox wouldn't do it to Seacrest.
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

+ Reply to Thread