+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Ryan Seacrest, Host

Re: Ryan Seacrest, Host

I agree on both points. "Turban" was tasteless, and it was embarrassing to watch Ryan egg on the women in front of Casey.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3876932;
    And Why did Ryan think it was okay to introduce Tim as Turban? If Tim wants to define himself with a cutsie name that is up to him, but when introducing a performer Ryan should give them the consideration not to give a silly nickname.

And when introducing Casey... Ryan looked so childish as he bent over to the women and said Oh Casey is so sexy... or something to that effect...

Come on Ryan I really am a fan of yours but you were out of it last night.
    How many politically incorrect inuendos did Seacrest pull off last night? I lost count. What an embarassment. It's like any 'filter' of politeness and professionalism just blew right off.....if I were him I'd be in hiding today....

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie;3876938;
    How many politically incorrect inuendos did Seacrest pull off last night? I lost count. What an embarassment. It's like any 'filter' of politeness and professionalism just blew right off.....if I were him I'd be in hiding today....
    Maybe with "the drunken like" Abdul gone Ryan felt the need to cause a ruckus!

Maybe Ryan is believing his own PR! I thought most of it was in bad taste. Are there other people that agree w/me that his needling of Simon week after week is "off"?

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3876945;
    Maybe Ryan is believing his own PR! I thought most of it was in bad taste. Are there other people that agree w/me that his needling of Simon week after week is "off"?
    I definitely agree that the needling is "off" old, tasteless, tactless, etc. I actually turned to my husband last night after the comment Ryan made while sitting with Adam Lambert and said "Seacrest is either drunk, high or just plain crazy". And he went downhill from that moment on - totally unprofessional, totally unfunny and just without any class whatsoever.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3876945;

Ryan has referred to himself and the judges as "cast members" of the show. That is an accurate description. As I've said before, the "needling" is a preplanned act that Simon and Ryan agree on before the show. It's part of the schtick of the show that's been there for years. It seems pretty fake, but not nearly as fake as Kara and Simon's love-hate spats. The contrived leaning together of Simon and Kara is just gross. The two are professional colleagues trying to re-create the bittersweet chemistry Simon had with Paula. The attempt has failed miserably.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I, too, noticed Ryan having an off night. You all have covered everything except the very awkward spot with his mother. Maybe she was there to provide intervention if needed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Maybe since this season seems to be "lackluster", (oPaula peculiarities, no flamboyant singers,)..to keep the audience interested Ryan feels the need to "give em' something to talk about"...seems sad to stoop so low, but his actions seem "desperate"

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3877045;
    Maybe since this season seems to be "lackluster", (oPaula peculiarities, no flamboyant singers,)..to keep the audience interested Ryan feels the need to "give em' something to talk about"...seems sad to stoop so low, but his actions seem "desperate"
    Absolutely . In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if the producers were the instigators of Ryan's antics.
    --

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3876973;
    Ryan has referred to himself and the judges as "cast members" of the show. That is an accurate description. As I've said before, the "needling" is a preplanned act that Simon and Ryan agree on before the show. It's part of the schtick of the show that's been there for years. It seems pretty fake, but not nearly as fake as Kara and Simon's love-hate spats. The contrived leaning together of Simon and Kara is just gross. The two are professional colleagues trying to re-create the bittersweet chemistry Simon had with Paula. The attempt has failed miserably.
    --
    I couldn't agree more.

+ Reply to Thread