+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

FORT Newbie

TV Alert - Simon Tomorrow

TV Alert!

I thought you might like to know that Simon is going to be appearing on both On Air with Ryan Seacrest and The Ellen Degeneres show tomorrow.

Claire
    American Idol Community Liaison
    Codemasters
    americanidol@codemasters.com
    www.codemasters.com/americanidol

FORT Newbie
    OK - to confirm, there has been some confusion over this as the Ellen website has Simon as being on the show Wednesday, but I just spoke to the show myself and he is definitely on tomorrow on both shows.

To find out times for your area go to:

For Ellen:
    http://ellen.warnerbros.com/showinfo/whenitson.html
    Then click on your state

For Ryab:
    http://ryanonair.com/categoryD/inc_r...ategory2_id=29
    The select your state from the drop-down box.

Hope this helps guys!!

Claire
    Codemasters

FORT Newbie
    TV Alert!

OK - I apologise for the confusion guys - I've just spoken to the Ellen show again, and they tell me Simon is on today (as in it's being filmed today) but it airs tomorrow (Wednesday February 11th)!!

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/showinfo/whenitson.html
    Then click on your state

Hope this clarifies things!!

In addition to this, Simon will be appearing on Oprah next Monday (16th February) as a guest judge (See http://www.oprah.com/presents/2004/p...VJVFLARAYHB3KQ for details).

http://www.oprah.com/tows/program/to...henwhere.jhtml
    Then select your location.

Sorry for causing any confusion!

Claire
    Codemasters

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiesleg
    I think Simon is not honest at all. Sure he is amusing with the early "bad auditions" which are hand picked by two separate juding panels before they are seen by the Top Three. My problem with him is when the contest gets down to the finalists, he rarely offers constructive criticism and he just generally makes some nasty sound bite which is then shown on ET or Access Hollywood.

The man has no imagination (I offer his wardrobe as Exhibit A). He didn't see any talent in Will Young, Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson. For this he is rewarded with an extended contract to do what? Make disparaging remarks? He's a one trick pony with little talent for anything other, more often than not, a lowbrow comment.

There are far better people with actual musical training who could be a judge rather than Simon, especially when it comes down to the final ten. Frankly, I think his act is getting old and wish the American public would realize that his opinion is not all that important or based on his ability to see the potential in the contestants. His track record speaks for itself.

Actually, I will correct you on one thing Simon said. He DID see talent in Clay Aiken. His first reaction to him in Atlanta was "You don't look like the American Idol, but you sure sound like him." He did dog him for being very Broadway, but let's face it, he was early on. Even Clay said so. He has a big voice, and sometimes it was TOO big for the song. A big voice is a Broadway trait. But her NEVER siad Clay had no talent.

As far as his honesty goes, I don't think he is as honest as he'd like us to believe. When he gets it in his mind that he wants someone to win, he will alter his comments accordingly. I think he only had one bad thing to say about Ruben last year. And, even though I was a Ruben fan, I think he deserved to hear more. If you keep hearing how great you are, you're going to get conceited and think you have no room for improvement. Since this is supposed to be about finding the next big thing, NONE of the contestants are that good yet. That included Ruben. He should have heard more negativity, and maybe people wouldn't have hated him as much.

I believe Simon is doing the same thing this year with Fantasia. He's going to shove her down our throats. Some will buy into it, and others will hate her for it. We'll just have to wait and see if enough people buy it. I'm not so far. I just don't see her as lovable and humble as Ruben is. But if she wins, she will partly have Simon to thank for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyMamma
    I think he said it to Vanessa and Kimberly, because it was something they could realistically change over the course of a few months. I don't recall him ever mentioning it to Ruben.
    Actually, I don't think he ever told Kim Locke she should lose weight either. In my memory, he said it to Vanessa, Josh, and Kim Caldwell. There was a lot of discussion at the AI official board last year about this. He never siad it to the two heavier African American contestants, but he did pick on the Caucasian (and part hispanic in Vanessa's case) contestants.

Do you think maybe it has something to do with the fact that the African American population is more accepting of overweight people? I think it could. A 300 pound white woman is more likely to be found in the diet aisle than a 300 pound black woman. I'm not trying to stereotype. But I've never heard any large white woman proclaime how proud and beautiful she is, but I hear it all the time from larger black women. I think the culture just teaches them to appreciate their bodies regardless. I honestly wish all cultures did.

Does it seem like Simon has been seen on screen smoking more often this season? If he's not smoking, he's holding his cigarettes in his hand, and last night he appeared to be holding his lighter to his mouth during one of the performances. What's up with that? It just seems like a negative image to be putting out when you have such a strong youth following for the show.

It may just be me, though. I've had a lot of deaths in my family due to smoking, including my mother when I was a teenager, so I pick up on things like these and they irk me to no end.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

FORT Fogey
    I noticed that on a previous show... I thought it was strange that they let him smoke inside a theatre... I would have thought that it would be illegal... but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I noticed that on a previous show... I thought it was strange that they let him smoke inside a theatre... I would have thought that it would be illegal... but what do I know?

It is illegal. And on Ryan's talk show he mentioned this, how the staff had to keep telling Simon to stop smoking inside.

Maybe Simon is looking for or already receiving money to be shown smoking on screen? Dirty, stinking big tobacco..
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

[QUOTE=cbrummell]TV Alert!

OK - I apologise for the confusion guys - I've just spoken to the Ellen show again, and they tell me Simon is on today (as in it's being filmed today) but it airs tomorrow (Wednesday February 11th)!!

Oh, you all have to watch Ellen! Simon actually apologized to that guy (Rodriguez) and admitted he DID have a good voice and should have advanced. Apparently Simon had a bad day with contestants thinking they are running for "Miss World" so he asked that dumb question about the million dollars. Poor guy!

I am thinking this is a <b>controversy</b> and the programmers want all of us to bring back Rodriguez! Maybe a wild card or something? You know what? He sounded BETTER than Matthew! Remember he tried to sing another song and Randy and Simon told him to just leave.

Please watch the show and tell me what you think!!
    Last edited by Kariann1; 02-11-2004 at 12:47 PM. Reason: nothing posted

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    Does it seem like Simon has been seen on screen smoking more often this season? If he's not smoking, he's holding his cigarettes in his hand, and last night he appeared to be holding his lighter to his mouth during one of the performances. What's up with that? It just seems like a negative image to be putting out when you have such a strong youth following for the show.

It may just be me, though. I've had a lot of deaths in my family due to smoking, including my mother when I was a teenager, so I pick up on things like these and they irk me to no end.
    He was on On Air With Ryan Seacrest yesterday. He was late, and he got out of the car with a cigarette in his mouth. Then, he asked Ryan if he could smoke during the interview. Ryan said no that it's illegal. Simon's comeback: "Well your country makes all the cigarettes. I just want to smoke them. It's my way of giving back."

I hate a guy who smokes, and I think Simon needs to do it more privately. But Simon is Simon, and he won't listen to anybody. He even got in trouble for smoking in hotels while they were doing auditions.

It's gross, but who ever said Simon is a role model?
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread