+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Siso
    Is it me or is Simon reading off his lines? Everytime he's giving a contestant suggestions and advise, he's looking at the sheets.

Now i know the sheets contain the contestants information ect. but he constantly peers at if for some reason.

Neither Paula and Randy do this, or maybe i'm just looknig too much into it.

I was wondering the same thing. I noticed that he always seems to be reading something off of a paper before he comments on a contestant. I also think Simon's a lot funnier this season (JMHO), especially with comments like the "musical cheesecake" thing; so, I thought he was getting these comments off of the papers in front of him. But, I remember hearing him say in some interview that at the beginning of Season One someone gave him a list of put-downs, and he said he didn't need to use that
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

Simon On Leno (slight, slight spoilers)

Simon was on Leno-maybe a week or so ago. I remembered today that he really wanted to have Leno be a guest judge on the show. He was really pushy about it mentioning it at least three times during the interview. Very interesting.........though I couldnt see Leno being qualified.

Side Note: Cowell was very flirty with Kelly Ripa who was also on

Just read that Simon's trying to push "Cupid 2". I wouldn't mind seeing that...

As for Hank & Lisa? http://www.detnews.com/2003/entertai...c01-341146.htm
    and http://www.charleston.net/stories/10...4findlay.shtml

FORT Newbie
    I don't like Simon.This is what a Belgian judge said about him :
    "Obviously this man thinks he knows everything.But...he isn't all that..in AmericanIdol he first didn't liked Kelly Clarkson who became the winner...later the same thing happened in UK idol where he didn't liked Will Young....so what has he done..he discovered WestLife for god sake...people have been put in prison for less..."

I'm sure that Belgian judge has been much more successful in his TALENT SIGNING career than Simon, which is why no one knows the Belgian judge's name, and we're referring to him as "the Belgian judge".

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'm sure that Belgian judge has been much more successful in his TALENT SIGNING career than Simon, which is why no one knows the Belgian judge's name, and we're referring to him as "the Belgian judge".

I didn't really like Kelly at first either. I didn't want her to make the top 10. After her first performance in the top 10, my opinion started to change. In the beginning, she didn't really stand out from the rest(IMHO), but once the competition became more intense, she raised her game. I'm pretty sure Simon became more of a fan once she did that, at least that's the way I interpreted his critiques. People change their opinions, I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Val

"Well time slips away/And leaves you with nothin' Mister/But boring stories of/Glory Days, Well they'll pass you by/Glory Days, In the wink of a young girl's eye/Glory Days, Glory Days..."~The Boss

" Someone once said that dancers work just as hard as policeman, always alert, always tense, but see, policeman don't have to be beautiful at the same time." ~George Balanchine

"Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion." ~Martha Graham

I think Simon is not honest at all. Sure he is amusing with the early "bad auditions" which are hand picked by two separate juding panels before they are seen by the Top Three. My problem with him is when the contest gets down to the finalists, he rarely offers constructive criticism and he just generally makes some nasty sound bite which is then shown on ET or Access Hollywood.

The man has no imagination (I offer his wardrobe as Exhibit A). He didn't see any talent in Will Young, Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson. For this he is rewarded with an extended contract to do what? Make disparaging remarks? He's a one trick pony with little talent for anything other, more often than not, a lowbrow comment.

There are far better people with actual musical training who could be a judge rather than Simon, especially when it comes down to the final ten. Frankly, I think his act is getting old and wish the American public would realize that his opinion is not all that important or based on his ability to see the potential in the contestants. His track record speaks for itself.

I have a love/hate thing going with Simon. I've been watching Pop Idol and there's a moment where he rips into the female judge after she criticizes the overweight girl (who went on to win the competition), saying that if weight was the issue, they should have dealt with that during the initial picks and she should just drop the issue and focus on the performance.

I stood up and cheered.

Interesting that Simon would say that to the female judge on Pop Idol but then he himself is the one who remarked to Vanessa Olivarez and Kimberley Locke about their weight...

I think he said it to Vanessa and Kimberly, because it was something they could realistically change over the course of a few months. I don't recall him ever mentioning it to Ruben.

+ Reply to Thread