+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

When Simon said to Jay that he should be a guest judge on Barry Manilow night..I wonder if there really will be a Barry night or if he was just kidding LOL

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    That comment re: God last night to that girl just about had me howling.

Well, God took the day off was a classic Simon comment. I was laughing so hard my stomach was hurting.

Did anyone else notice the clip of some kid throwing water in Simon's face??? I hope they show what happened and what Simon said to him.
    Last edited by combatcutie; 01-20-2004 at 11:05 AM.

Idol Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Did anyone else notice the clip of some kid throwing water in Simon's face??? I hope they show what happened and what Simon said to him.
    Yes, though you may already know by now, they made it look like it happened in Houston during tonight's show. I'll look forward to it.

Apart from always thinking he was hot, one thing I love from last night's show is that we get to see a much more human Simon this season - from the mini-interview shots, with his humor & explanations. I love him more so far!

Though there have been times I thought he went too far last year, I do so enjoy him! Sigh.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie
    Well, God took the day off was a classic Simon comment. I was laughing so hard my stomach was hurting.
    Me too... and everytime I think about it I start giggling again.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I started to watch AI because of Simon (I heard what a mean, mean man he was when he was a judge on Pop Idol ) . This season, I like him even better; he always has something interesting to say. I may not always agree with him, but he's entertaining and one of the best "characters" ever in reality TV.

I can't wait to see the water-throwing incident!

They did an interview with Simon on the radio this morning. He currently is in London and he did sound damn sexy. He was also very nice to the interviewer.

Basically, he said that what happens on AI is not staged or rehearsed. That he was suprised by the guy who threw water on him. Simon thought he behaved that way because that guy was the last contestant in TX, was negatively pumped up by the loser and wanted to make a name for himself.

No singer has brought Simon to tears but, if it were Dog Idol that might happen because he loves dogs. He doesn't own one because with his travelling schedule, it would not be fair to a dog.

His book give info that they others probably wouldn't want the public to know. Some of the info came from hair stylists, make-up people, etc. ie. Clay was the most ambitious contestant since the beginning. (I think I've heard that before).

Paula is usually drooling and she adores Simon but, it's not returned.

The article on pg. 115 of the Daily News was brought up that Donald gave AI the thumbs down because it bet The Apprentice in ratings. Simon graciously said that they are both good shows and the only loser were the viewers who are fans of both.
    Last edited by eldee; 01-23-2004 at 01:00 PM.

While Simon is cute enough, I don't really find him sexy. I will say this...he is the only one who seems to be honest with people, and I have some respect for him for that reason. He can be too harsh with it...there is a nicer way to tell people that they aren't very good...but his role on the show is to be callous and people respond to it. I would think that the contestants would consider the fact that Simon has probably sat in his room coming up with great insults all through the year that he can spring on deserving contestants when they give a bad audition, and take what he says with a grain of salt.

Randy seems to be trying to be more honest this year so far, and I don't know what is happening to Paula...that thing with the 16-year-old rubbed me the wrong way.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Kickstand, thanks, that reminds me about something else he said. The interviewers asked it he was more "rude" because he is from England and he basically said yes. They are more honest and to the point there.

Paula is usually drooling and she adores Simon but, it's not returned.

Simon graciously said that they are both good shows and the only loser were the viewers who are fans of both.
    That's a great answer.

Thanks for passing on the info.
    Life's in technicolor
    Blues and reds so bright
    But in all the rainbows of the world
    I'm still in black and white.
    -A.C. Jones

FORT Fogey
    Is it me or is Simon reading off his lines? Everytime he's giving a contestant suggestions and advise, he's looking at the sheets.

Now i know the sheets contain the contestants information ect. but he constantly peers at if for some reason.

Neither Paula and Randy do this, or maybe i'm just looknig too much into it.

+ Reply to Thread