+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

Re: Simon Cowell, Judge

So, it looks like Kara is the new Paula, Randy upped his game a notch, Ellen is doing well but still trying to find her groove -- and Simon was right on with about 95% of his comments. I actually think he could have been a little more direct with people like Haley. He cuts through the BS and I can't think of a single person who can fill his shoes. Maybe that Piers guy?

FORT Fogey

My two comments about Simon after watching the first live episodes:
    • Simon has totally checked out. He is so over this show, and barely listens to the performances. He cares not a whit for the nuances of song; he only cares whether the person is a star. I mean he was bored last season, but this year his attention is somewhere else.
    • Simon has gotten really harsh. I mean "telling it like it is" is always appreciated (by the viewers, at least). But telling Tim that they did the right thing when they cut him originally, and telling Jermaine that he just blew his one chance is too much. Those are not observations; they are judgements that say "I am done with you. Go away."

FORT Fogey

I so agree with you. Simon apparently never had the filter that most people have on their mouths. If he thinks it, he says it and of course to many people that made him a great judge. Thhis season, he can't even control his eye rolling and facial grimaces because everything on the show annoys him. I will not be sorry to see him go. As a voter, I have never needd Simon telling me what I should or should not like about a performance.

FORT Fogey

OK, here's a headline I never expected to see. From NY Daily News:

Simon Cowell admits he's 'absolutely appalled' at the way he has treated some contestants

"There's many, many times where I've watched the show back and I'm absolutely appalled," Cowell, 50, says during an upcoming interview on "Piers Morgan's Life Stories." "You do the show, you're not aware of what's happening in the room outside. You know, somebody just said, ‘My dog Lassie died yesterday,' I'm in a bad mood and, you know, awful, and you see it in that context, it's very, very difficult to watch.
    OK - he must be in love. He also talks about how surprised he was when Susan Boyle had a breakdown back stage on Britian's Got Talent.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3847438;
    OK, here's a headline I never expected to see. From NY Daily News:

Simon Cowell admits he's 'absolutely appalled' at the way he has treated some contestants

OK - he must be in love. He also talks about how surprised he was when Susan Boyle had a breakdown back stage on Britian's Got Talent.
    that is interesting. Of course it doesn't help the people to whom he was so cruel..like Didi last night ( How quickly he forgets what tumbles out of his mouth)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Simon was on Jay Leno Monday night. He more or less admitted he is engaged. They showed Mezhgan's engagement ring and Jay joked about how huge the stone was. Simon said he bought it in London. He also said he goes back and forth about whether or not he wants kids. Mezghan was in the studio, so they had her come out for a minute or two. She is so thin, she squeezed in to share Simon's seat with him.

FORT Fogey

Simon finally gets his knighthood, according to the Daily Mail.

Simon Cowell and Joanna Lumley set to receive honours in Queen's birthday list

Very interesting.

The ex-factor: She was supposed to be 'The One' but Simon Cowell's fiancee hasn't been seen with him since May!

Simon Cowell has been having a very sociable week. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday he held court at Ascot races, in a £20,000-a-day private box, buying some of his many friends champagne. Amanda Holden went one day, as did Gary Lineker's stunning wife Danielle.

His mum Julie came on Ladies' Day. And his two great friends and old flames Sinitta and Jackie St Clair were at his side on all three days, beautifully turned out with feathered fascinators a-wobbling and make-up immaculate.

Both women, with their neat figures and dark complexions, put you in mind of another woman altogether - Cowell's fiancée, make-up artist Mezhgan Hussainy.

All the stranger, therefore, that Mezhgan - known as Mish or Mishy - was nowhere to be seen during Cowell's Ascot gatherings. Nor was she at Cowell's side on the 'happiest day of his life' when he accepted a lifetime achievement award from Bafta two weeks ago - he took St Clair instead.

For that matter, she wasn't around for any of the Britain's Got Talent semi-finals, finals or at the after-party. On these occasions, it was Sinitta who was his female companion.

Stranger still, sources in America say that Mezhgan didn't even attend the after-party for the finale of American Idol this year - the show on which she works - and where he was making his last appearance as a judge.

She also did not accompany him back to the UK afterwards - that honour went to Sinitta again, the pop singer who dated him on and off for nearly 20 years and remains probably his best friend in the world.

Read more: The ex-factor: She was supposed to be 'The One' but Simon Cowell's fiancee hasn't been seen with him since May | Mail Online

FORT Fogey

Has anybody seen her? Maybe we should alert CSI - he could have her buried by the pool.

+ Reply to Thread