+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Simon Cowell, Judge

I think Micheal Selzak at EW.com might have nailed it. Ellen isn't Paula's replacement (Kara is). She's Simon's replacement.

FORT Fogey

so the thought might be that they are going back to three judges???

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Well if I had any say in the matter I would choose Jamie Foxx or Quentin Tarantino. Jamie was an excellent mentor with opinions that brought out the best performances (in a genre I could care less about). I could see him being honest and giving the kids constructive criticism and not some silly cliche that Simon loves to use. Quentin was very good too, and wasn't sugar coating any of his opinions. Now just for my dreamy choice, I'm going with Justin Timberlake. He is quite a singer/producer and has discovered some great talent. Don't know if he could be harsh or "Simon-like", he seems too sweet.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

There are news reports all over the place that Simon has found the love of his life and is planning on marrying her. She's Mezghan Hussainy, who has been an AI makeup artist since 2003. They've been dating for about the last 6 months. Simon's mother has been quoted as saying he called her to tell about it, and that she was shocked but happy. But there are other reports where Simon is offering no comment to him actually denying it. Leona Lewis has been quoted as saying she'd love to sing at his wedding if he wanted her to.

I am not attaching any articles here, partly because I don't want to post something that's against FORT rules, and partly because there are so many and some are conflicting. But at the very least, they all agree that Simon and Mezghan (I wonder how in the world that is pronounced - Mez-gan?) are an item. You can Google their names to read articles and see images.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 02-20-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Wow - thanks for that info, BuckeyeAddict. I just googled the names and saw a photo of her. Very pretty. Looks a little like Paula, actually. The way they describe her, though, reminds me of how the press described Paul McCartney's former "love" Heather Mills. We'll see how this works out.

Simon Cowell declares that new girlfriend Mezhgan Hussainy is 'the one' - Telegraph

imon Cowell with make-up artist Mezhgan Hussainy

The X Factor judge has had a string of high profile relationships, notably with the singer Sinitta and his most recent ex Terri Seymour, but has never married.

His romance with Mezhgan Hussainy, 36, who worked as a make-up artist on American Idol, was made public recently after they were photographed out on a date.

Now, in a television interview to be screened on ITV1 next month, Cowell hinted to Piers Morgan that the pair could be engaged, according to The Mirror.

He said: "I’m smitten with Mezhgan, I think she’s the one. She’s very special.

“You know when you’ve found somebody very special.” Then, on the subject of children, he added: “I think I need to have little Simons around.”

His comments come after years of cultivating an image as the eternal bachelor, during which he even publicly vowed that he would "never marry".

Cowell, 49, first hinted the relationship with Miss Hussainy was serious last week when he kissed her at a Britain’s Got Talent audition.

During the ITV interview she sat at the back wearing on her engagement finger a Graff diamond ring said to be worth £250,000.

But when asked by Morgan if he was engaged, Cowell replied: “No comment.”

Her newest venture

Mezhgan | Me by {me}hgan cosmetics
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-21-2010 at 06:47 PM.

Simon's response at the end got omitted from your post, UnkleScott. He said "No comment."

FORT Fogey

I remember not too long ago, there was the announcement that he and Terry had ended it. Of course it has happened to many women, but it must be tough "wasting" time with a man who says he will not marry you and then to have him turn around and find someone very quickly, present her with a diamond and make plans to marry and have children

FORT Regular

That deserves at least a keying of one of his 100 sports cars.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3827899;
    I think Micheal Selzak at EW.com might have nailed it. Ellen isn't Paula's replacement (Kara is). She's Simon's replacement.
    I thought this made a lot of sense when I first read it. But after last night, I disagree. Ellen speaks as a fan of music. Simon speaks as an expert on who has what it takes to be a star. Borrowing from his use of analogies, he's like a wine connoisseur, except instead of wine, it's pop music. He's not always right, but usually he is. Ellen is a hoot, but she cannot fill his shoes.

+ Reply to Thread