+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

Re: Simon Cowell, Judge

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamom12;3822945;
    I will not watch anymore if Howard Stern takes Simon's place!!!
    Me Either!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3822727;
    Losing Simon wouldn't have made me stop watching. Gaining Howard Stern will.
    If that's true, I won't be watching. I can live without Simon, but I won't watch any show that Howard Stern is a part of.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

The producers of Idol are denying the Howard Stern rumors.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Someone on a show I was watching (can't remember which one) said it best: let's focus on the kids, that the show is actually about, and forget about the judges and the host. Unlike Ellen, I don't think Howard would have a good impact on the show. I can't see Ryan holding his own against him (I think some of the interactions with him and Simon are just plain awkward). Whoever takes over for Simon I think they'll want to be another Simon, because no one (except maybe Kara) on the panel has it in them to be like that.

What about the Brit who was on America's Got Talent? (forgot his name for the moment)

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

I read some pretty strong speculation that 100% of the Howard Stern as an Idol judge rumor came from Stern himself. It would make sense to me. Stern has gotten where he has in this world through some pretty strong self-promotion. In recently months, there has not been much chatter about him. So what better way to turn that around then to throw one of America's biggest shows into a frenzy by convincing people that you're going to be a part of it.

As a sometime listener of Stern, I just don't see him ever doing a show like Idol. He'd have to be part of a team, instead of THE focus of the show, which he'd never settle for. He'd also have to do the show from LA, and i don't see him willing to leave New York, or his radio show, regularly enough to be a part of the show. Not to mention that Stern has ownership of any media project he takes on, and I'd be very surprise if the producers of Idol would be willing to give him that kind of power.

I can see why Stern would want to use this as a catalyst to get people talking about him. I can't see why American Idol would want him, nor do I see why he'd want American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3824197;
    What about the Brit who was on America's Got Talent? (forgot his name for the moment)
    Piers Morgan
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Right, thanks Tiger. He's just a bit cranky and seems to have strong opinions. Wonder if it would be a conflict for him to do Idol? I wouldn't want Hasselhof, and Sharon Osbourne should just stay put on America's Got Talent. She's good on that show (not that Morgan isn't). I'm thinking Simon's replacement would have to be male, and someone who has a clue and some knowledge of the business, either as a performer or producer.

Let's hear it, who is on your short list?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3823078;
    If that's true, I won't be watching. I can live without Simon, but I won't watch any show that Howard Stern is a part of.
    I'm with all of you on this. I think NPH would be a great addition
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3825191;
    I'm with all of you on this. I think NPH would be a great addition
    I'm with you, no on Howard Stern. I would love for it to be Neil Patrick Harris.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread