+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

FORT Fogey

Re: Simon Cowell, Judge

Maybe now as Idol enters its second decade and the "personalities" are gone, the show can be about the kids

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3792552;
    For me, I miss Paula as much as I'll miss Simon but for me the show is still all about the contestants. The judges are just additions to what makes the show good for me but I can still enjoy it as much without them.
    I miss Paula, too. She and Simon are my 2 favorites.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not sure this show will take a hit, but I'm betting it will see ratings drop a lot between Paula and Simon leaving. Ellen's already trying to play the nice guy by dissing Simon (as many have said, probably just for publicity since the new season is starting) and that she also won't sugar coat like Paula did. I like Ellen, and I'll reserve judgement on her joining the show, but I won't be surprised if this decision bombs. Randy and Kara are as fun as watching paint dry and don't really add anything to the judges table except another number. Of course, the tweens will tune in and go crazy for their next crush. There will still be the controversy, and everything aside, the format and point in itself is popular. So while it'll probably take a hit, it'll survive for the mean time. I wonder if they'll be getting another judge Hopefully they don't try and find another "Mr. Nasty".

And I'm not really sure if X-Factor will be a huge hit.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I disagree Karalott. I think people will tune into X-Factor to see Simon and Paula instead of American Idol to see Ellen (Randy, Kara, and even Ryan are not a draw). This is exactly what happened in the UK with Simon leaving Pop Idol and going to X-Factor, Pop Idol was dead after that.

We'll see though. It could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3792628;
    I disagree Karalott. I think people will tune into X-Factor to see Simon and Paula instead of American Idol to see Ellen (Randy, Kara, and even Ryan are not a draw). This is exactly what happened in the UK with Simon leaving Pop Idol and going to X-Factor, Pop Idol was dead after that.

We'll see though. It could be interesting.
    I'm not really crazy about the format. It will likely do well (if America's Got Talent can I'm sure X-factor will draw equal amounts of viewers). I don't know, though, I could see it flopping. It's hard to say. And I don't know if Simon himself will be a draw. Time will tell Is Paula going to be a part of it? I had heard rumors but I didn't know if it was confirmed.

Simon wants Paula because he has to have someone to draw mustaches on. I reckon I'm in the minority that won't miss him, nor will I watch his new show. Idol should have always been about the kids, but more & more it was becoming about the Judges & Cowell especially.

Per Ausiello on Twitter, X Factor will begin airing in the fall of 2011.

When Paula was still in negotiations last spring, I remember reading that Simon Cowell said, "She'll be back." Of course, she isn't, but when the news came out that she wasn't coming back, I knew he would be done at the end of his current contract. And sure enough (again according to Ausiello), she'll be involved in some capacity on the new show.

I'll be curious to see what the ratings look like for this season of Idol. I never thought I'd say it, but if I do tune in to Idol this year, I'm going to miss Paula (and Simon's protectiveness of her). I enjoy Ellen well enough whenever I catch her show, but I'm not sure I'll like her coming from the the judges' panel, and I don't like Randy (not that I want to see him gone) or Kara (she can go). If the ratings decline beyond the normal year-to-year attrition we've been seeing for the last few seasons, then I think it'll go off the deep end when Simon leaves.

Most of the time I thought Simon was right in his judgement of the contestant's. I for one will miss him and Paula.

Anytime Simon criticized anything other than their singing I thought it crossed the line. However, I also think the other judges (minus Paula) were somewhat guilty of straying into that territory. While I did think he was a little too nasty at times, he also told it like it was and seemed annoying when it got a little too carried away from being a singing competition. The whole back and forth with Ryan was boring to watch, and I may be in the minority but I've never cared for the guy. Paula for all her craziness as the seasons went on was entertaining, since you always knew she'd play nice but never knew what she was going to say or how out of it she would be. Randy and Kara don't add much. So a panel of those 2 and Ellen I can't exactly say would be interesting. But if it means less about the judges and Ryan and more about the kids, then I'm all for it.

I think the show will be missing something without Simon but I know that we have plenty of qualified people in the music industry here that could fill his shoes. I hope he stays though.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

+ Reply to Thread