+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

Re: Simon Cowell, Judge

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3417673;
    I don't think the "Susan's" of the world get missed during the audition process. My understanding is that for AI, everyone gets a chance to sing at least a little.

With Britain's got talent, I believe contestants submit a video before being cast.

So, the "Susans" of the world are seen and heard. I imagine the shows put them all through because it makes for pretty darn good TV.

For AI, Clay Aiken was very much a "Susan". And what was that kid's nickname...."chicken" something or other.

My point is that, at least for American Idol, they do hear all of the "Susans" in the auditioning process, but they only allow two or so to get to the Top 10, where they will compete with really mediocre contestants who were chosen over a bunch of other "Susans." Now I'm putting Susan's name in quotes, because she is so remarkable a talent, I'm not sure any other "Susan" exists in the U.S. She is a rare talent.

Here is the ultimate irony for Simon: He has harped for years on American Idol about how important appearance is and he has mercilessly criticized people who don't look attractive. But the biggest-selling recording artist to come out of Simon's career could very well be the frumpy Susan, who has garnered an astonishing 50 million (worldwide) views on Youtube.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3417991;

Here is the ultimate irony for Simon: He has harped for years on American Idol about how important appearance is and he has mercilessly criticized people who don't look attractive. But the biggest-selling recording artist to come out of Simon's career could very well be the frumpy Susan, who has garnered an astonishing 50 million (worldwide) views on Youtube.
    --
    I LOVE ultimate ironies ---especially when they bite the rear end of someone like Simon.

You are so right. In every audition show, you can see him beam at a lovely girl even before she opens her mouth...heck, he was still beaming at CAW-CAW girl right up to the end.

He is far less generous with those people( especially females) who don't fit his idea of "current" attractiveness

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3417994;
    I LOVE ultimate ironies ---especially when they bite the rear end of someone like Simon.

You are so right. In every audition show, you can see him beam at a lovely girl even before she opens her mouth...heck, he was still beaming at CAW-CAW girl right up to the end.

He is far less generous with those people( especially females) who don't fit his idea of "current" attractiveness
    Of course, Simon will have the last laugh, cuz unlike American Idol, he will have the opportunity to sign Susan to his record label. Simon's label is not involved with the American Idol contestants. He had dollar signs in his eyes when he first heard Susan sing, according to co-judge BGT Amanda. . I'm sure Simon never dreamed that one of his older, plain-Jane discoveries on Britains Got Talent could out-sell one of the young beauties from American Idol.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

I noticed that Susan's hair has been colored and styled on the latest interviews. I am sure Simon has her on a treadmill and diet as we speak LOL

FORT Fan

are simon and paula an item --dating? i apologize if that's already been asked. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by awho?;3418048;
    are simon and paula an item --dating? i apologize if that's already been asked. thanks!
    Simon and Paula are the AI comedy duo, kind of like Laurel and Hardy. (Seriously). I doubt it goes beyond that.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3418051;
    Simon and Paula are the AI comedy duo, kind of like Laurel and Hardy. (Seriously). I doubt it goes beyond that.
    --
    Personally, I think they are friends with benefits
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3418091;
    Personally, I think they are friends with benefits
    Well if they aren't I wish they'd just do it and get it out of their systems. I'm tired of watching them play their little flirting games. It's like watching a couple of middle schoolers.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

--

Well, they are not very funny. I greatly preferred the droopy-eyed, slurred speech Paula of yesteryear, when you could only guess what she had ingested prior to the show, over this thesaurus pillaging, Simon-slapping, booty-shaking "17 Again" wannabe.

My sister called the Simon and Paul duo "Dumb and Dumber."

FORT Fogey

--
    My personal theory is that Paula sees The Paula and Simon Show as her insurance policy preventing her form being voted off when the Top Four judges become the Top Three. She has reason to be concerned - her contract is up this year. The more she can reinforce Simon-Paula yin and yang, the better her chances.

+ Reply to Thread