+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

I Like Simon. He tells the TRUTH. Some people just can't handle the truth apparently.
    Let's face it, he is a big reason the show is so successful. There ARE people who tune in just to see what he'll say next. I wouldn't be half as interested in the show if Simon were to hold back on what he says. I'm hoping this last incident doesn't make him change how he critiques.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I Like Simon. He tells the TRUTH. Some people just can't handle the truth apparently.
    Let's face it, he is a big reason the show is so successful. There ARE people who tune in just to see what he'll say next. I wouldn't be half as interested in the show if Simon were to hold back on what he says. I'm hoping this last incident doesn't make him change how he critiques.
    Firestorm, I like Simon too. And more often than not, I agree with him (particularly this year). However, I think he should stick to critiquing the actual performance. Comments like "John S. you should pack your bags" or "Jasmine, you'd better hope every household in Hawaii has five phones" are nothing but inflamatory. It's like a challenge to the die-hard fans to power dial until their fingers bleed. The minute the words left his mouth on Tuesday night, I knew Jasmine would be safe. Didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by jmb
    I just wish that he would wear some different clothes... does he not have anything else to wear?? Maybe we could send the "Queer Eye" guys after him!
    I have thought the exact same thing, jmb! He can certainly afford to dress attractively. Yes, send the "Queer Eye" guys. However, I do like his hair!

Simon says stupid things quite often. Like telling Diana she reminds him of an "Old Soul" and saying it's not a compliment. I am the poster that pointed out what psychics think it means! Low and behold, they have a psychic on the show! Can you believe it? Maybe I am psychic?

An "Old Soul" has wisdom and knowledge beyond their years. They know things that they may have learned in another life time. OK, it's silly, but many people do believe this!

Firestorm, I like Simon too. And more often than not, I agree with him (particularly this year). However, I think he should stick to critiquing the actual performance. Comments like "John S. you should pack your bags" or "Jasmine, you'd better hope every household in Hawaii has five phones" are nothing but inflamatory. It's like a challenge to the die-hard fans to power dial until their fingers bleed. The minute the words left his mouth on Tuesday night, I knew Jasmine would be safe. Didn't you?
    Naw, I didn't nescessarily think she would be safe. In fact I thought for sure she was DONE. But, those 'extra' little comments are what makes Simon Simon, IMO, & I'm hoping he doesn't change his ways too much.

He does tell the truth but then he goes a little too beyond the truth when he starts critizing somene because that's not criticing someone... and not giving someone advice.
    -:|:-Has Anyone Ever Noticed That Ryan Is Like Umm... Hott? -:|:-
    FaNtAsIa... oH fOuR IdOl!
    |**M**| (**U**) /**A**\ |**H**|

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Simon on Ellen this week

Tuesday, May 18
    SIMON COWELL
    The most honest man on TV, SIMON COWELL, talks to Ellen about the finale of “American Idol.”

Get your VCRs and TiVos programmed!

Foster Your Inner Kacey BobDobolina's Avatar
    I don't know if this is the same show that jmb is talking about, but my Tivo recently recorded an "Ellen" in which she interviewed Simon. At one point, she confronted him about one of this year's auditions in which he was particulary arbitrary and mean. She showed a clip of that good-looking middle-eastern kid who had sung really well and was asked by Simon what he would do with the million dollars if he were to win. The kid flailed around a bit and responded that he would give $100,000 to charity, invest $2000 to get a return, then maybe give some more to charity, at which point Simon cut him off and said "The answer is no. On you go."

After Ellen showed him the clip, he actually said "That's one of the times I'm ashamed to be who I am. I really shouldn't have done that." He then looked into the camera, formally apologized to the kid "for acting like a dog," and told the kid he should come out and audition again. I gotta tip my hat off to Simon. I didn't think he would be so honest about. I remember that poor kid was crying afterwards and said that the question was going to haunt him for the rest of his life.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

The softer side of Simon...

Aww...I just love this video of Simon.....hopefully everyone can view it...it came from TMZ.com

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1641842
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

A Simon Question

I know its been addressed before. But I did have a question about Simon and the other ptb's that created the show AI.
    A friend of mine told me that sometime between seasons 1 and 3, that she'd seen an interview with one of the Simons. (either Cowell or Fuller, but I think it was Cowell) She said that Simon C (maybe?) said that the show is in fact "rigged" and that even before the season ends, SC already has the winner chosen, and it doesn't really matter who we call in and vote for. Then SF supposedly interrupted him and told him not to say that, that it DOES matter who we call in and vote for.
    Is this true ?. Did something like this really happen in an interview with one of the Simons ?.
    (btw, lol. I personally do not believe my friend who said this. I say that because half the time I suspect she isnt' playing with a full set of Legos anyway. )
    I know I questioned the show's legitimacy before. But like someone pointed out on here, if it were rigged, it would be pointless to call in and vote if the winner is pre-determined.

Quote Originally Posted by jengage View Post
    I know its been addressed before. But I did have a question about Simon and the other ptb's that created the show AI.
    A friend of mine told me that sometime between seasons 1 and 3, that she'd seen an interview with one of the Simons. (either Cowell or Fuller, but I think it was Cowell) She said that Simon C (maybe?) said that the show is in fact "rigged" and that even before the season ends, SC already has the winner chosen, and it doesn't really matter who we call in and vote for. Then SF supposedly interrupted him and told him not to say that, that it DOES matter who we call in and vote for.
    Is this true ?. Did something like this really happen in an interview with one of the Simons ?.
    (btw, lol. I personally do not believe my friend who said this. I say that because half the time I suspect she isnt' playing with a full set of Legos anyway. )
    I know I questioned the show's legitimacy before. But like someone pointed out on here, if it were rigged, it would be pointless to call in and vote if the winner is pre-determined.
    In all honesty, it just about cannot be rigged. Your friend is much too young (I'm sure) to remember the game show scandals of the 1950's (but here's a link, if you care to read up: http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/Q/...izshowsca.htm). There are rather stiff legal penalties and you can bet your bottom dollar (so to speak) that in this day and age, when every 24 hour station is sniffing out any whiff of wrongdoing, if there were any question regarding the legitimacy of such a block buster as AI, we'd all have heard about it, long ago.

It isn't rigged, in that way. It may be set up though in that TPTB do select the candidates and there are probably some good studies they have on hand that indicate stereotypical voting patterns.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread