+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

Quote Originally Posted by cool_kitty

I was referring to the average youth (like Diana, Jas and John) who's competing for their life long dream, standing on the stage waiting for Simons comments, and hearing 'it was horrible' ..
    and not someone who adores a rude critic like him..

its not fair at all to demotivate them.. people like Fantasia and LaToya may be matured enough to take rude comments at this stage, but not the teens..

besides, there must be a nicer way to pointout a fat ass ..

I dunno. I mean it's not easy on young children who audition for Annie either. And they are 1/2 John's, Jasmine's, and Diana's age. The entertainment industry is just that. And Simon hasn't said anything that can really hurt them, imo. They surely know Simon is Simon, and it isn't the Season One of Americal Idol. Better to have your life's dream crushed at 16 or 17 than to be stuffed with false complements and be 40 years old singing in a dance hall behind a garage waiting for someone to "discover" you.

FORT Newbie
    I think Simon makes the show what it is! I like a judge to tell the truth and not sugar coat anything. As a teacher, I tell children when they are wrong and how to improve. Of course, I do it in a nurturing manner. However, these singers are willing to be on television. No one forced them or have their friends holding their hands. The making of a hit recording is work and takes a myriad of talents. I think that is why Simon comments even on their clothes. He is trying to help the performers.

Simon makes American Idol. If he quits, this teacher will quit watching. Enough of Paula making awful singers feel "good" and Randy saying "Yo Man." The judges should just tell the truth and be done with it. Most people can learn to react to criticism with objectivity. The real world is full of criticism. So...they need to learn to take it! (Just my opinion!)

Quote Originally Posted by reesespieces
    I think Simon makes the show what it is! I like a judge to tell the truth and not sugar coat anything. As a teacher, I tell children when they are wrong and how to improve. Of course, I do it in a nurturing manner. However, these singers are willing to be on television. No one forced them or have their friends holding their hands. The making of a hit recording is work and takes a myriad of talents. I think that is why Simon comments even on their clothes. He is trying to help the performers.

Simon makes American Idol. If he quits, this teacher will quit watching. Enough of Paula making awful singers feel "good" and Randy saying "Yo Man." The judges should just tell the truth and be done with it. Most people can learn to react to criticism with objectivity. The real world is full of criticism. So...they need to learn to take it! (Just my opinion!)
    Wow! Cheers to you! You are one smart teacher with a lot of lucky students! I always say, "Those who criticize you, care about you."

FORT Newbie
    Well to compare: I live in Japan and watch American Idol with a group of international students. Most of them are European and have some sort of American Idol style show in their home country. They don't think Simon's rude at all! From what I can gather, their judges are twice as mean and extremely picky! So when they watch the show, the comments coming out of their mouths are worse than anything out of his. They don't see the big deal with his comments at all.

FORT Newbie

he's a fine judge for me...

hope he judge camille trias well...why?nothing...i juz like her, being a filipina like me...i'm only 14 and i watch tv the whole day juz to catch the program...haha, its quite funny...

FORT Newbie

he's a fine judge for me...

hope he judge camille trias well...why? nothing...i juz like her, being a filipina like me...i'm only 14 and i watch tv the whole day juz to catch the program...haha, its quite funny...
    well...i kinda like him...his cute, isn't it? and i wish he can read this mesage... at first,i really,never,ever knew about a name simon cowell but when i watched the american idol, well wow!!!besides he's cute...he also have the guts and talent to critisize people,and its nice because. its very challenging for the contestants...well, thats all i can say... and one more thing...he is really cute!!!!!!!

eda to the FORT!!!!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

people see things differently, and we r free to say whatever we believe..

I dunno... my dad is also in the american music industry and he too agrees with me that Simon's criticism is a little too harsh for the teens..

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar
    I just wish that he would wear some different clothes... does he not have anything else to wear?? Maybe we could send the "Queer Eye" guys after him!

+ Reply to Thread