+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Cowell, Judge

Simon, Simon, Simon....what will you come up with next. do you think he was picked on when he was younger?

Guess what?
    In the UK, Simon has been advertising for a new British Talent show, searching for any talent from any age - there is no age limit and the talent could be solo or a group.
    Simon says that it should be a lot different from Pop Idol because the talent will be much more experienced and polished. The open auditions are the same as Idol, but he says hes worried about rejecting older guys, since they wont take critiscism easily he predicts.
    im not sure how he did this interview, being in the States and all, but he was on a Morning TV show today, asking for people to phone up and take part, so I went in for it, just for a laugh, like!
    It should be good!
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Oh and the shows called X Factor! :~)
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

Simon ???

yeah, his critics are really amazing ; he predicts everything right ; spots everything ; he's quite honest and straightforward ...

but..

put ur self in those contestants boots and think ..

I mean some of them r just 16 or 17 .. and they have to take all the harsh things he says infront of everyone .. thats too much

I adore Simon. People, such as Simon, who take the time to think carefully about the performance, and then to state exactly what their true impression is, is respectable. I don't know why people cannot take honest criticism. For someone to criticize you means they truly care. Don't you want to know if you suck or not? Or do you want someone to be politically correct to you and tell you you're great, when in fact you are not? For someone to tell it like it is, such as Simon, is wonderful! I'd love to marry a guy who'd tell me I have a fat ass if I ask him, a man who would tell me I look great in an outfit, if I truly do! Imagine it. Honesty. What a gem he is. I wish the audience and the judges would LET HIM TALK instead of hitting him or booing him or drowning him out.

SingleGal

PS: Not that I have a fat ass...I was just using it for an example...
    Last edited by SingleGal; 04-27-2004 at 11:07 AM.

The article that talks about The X Factor, says that he signed an exclusive deall for two years with ITV.

This makes me wonder if this will be his last season doing AI. Depending upon his contract length.
    “Conforming is not cool,” - Adam Lambert

Which is why you went on American Idol - the biggest mainstream singerbot factory on television -right? Welcome to hypocrisy, Adam.

I was referring to the average youth (like Diana, Jas and John) who's competing for their life long dream, standing on the stage waiting for Simons comments, and hearing 'it was horrible' ..
    and not someone who adores a rude critic like him..

its not fair at all to demotivate them.. people like Fantasia and LaToya may be matured enough to take rude comments at this stage, but not the teens..

besides, there must be a nicer way to pointout a fat ass ..

Quote Originally Posted by SingleGal
    For someone to tell it like it is, such as Simon, is wonderful! I'd love to marry a guy who'd tell me I have a fat ass if I ask him, a man who would tell me I look great in an outfit, if I truly do! Imagine it. Honesty. What a gem he is. I wish the audience and the judges would LET HIM TALK instead of hitting him or booing him or drowning him out.

SingleGal

PS: Not that I have a fat ass...I was just using it for an example...

I think the problem is that sometimes Simon goes for the cliche and bypasses the useful feedback... he could have told George to quit the pogo stick mime, and instead he took a cheap shot at Ryan...it annoys people. Kinda reminds me of that "you are the weakest link" lady and how she was oh-so-proud of herself for every witty dismissal she fired off.

And I'm sure your butt is cute...
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Veggieviewer
    The article that talks about The X Factor, says that he signed an exclusive deall for two years with ITV.

This makes me wonder if this will be his last season doing AI. Depending upon his contract length.

who? I'm sorry? D'oh, never mind. (Edited for lack of brainpower)

I like your little one line recap of who got cut each week in your siggie
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlyNTSO
    I think the problem is that sometimes Simon goes for the cliche and bypasses the useful feedback... he could have told George to quit the pogo stick mime, and instead he took a cheap shot at Ryan...it annoys people. Kinda reminds me of that "you are the weakest link" lady and how she was oh-so-proud of herself for every witty dismissal she fired off.

And I'm sure your butt is cute...
    Yes, sometimes Simon rushes out something. I wonder if it is because he's left as the last judge to comment. I mean, Randy yo's too much and Paula just clasps her hands and gushes sugar too much. That takes up valuable Simon time! lol!

And, lol, yes, it is. (butt a-Simon-type isn't here to disagree!!!)

+ Reply to Thread