+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Randy Jackson, Judge

DetroitRockCity
    Quote Originally Posted by bcamp393
    Am I the only one sick and tired of hearing Randy Jackson saying this? Excuse me Randy, but the whole point of American Idol is to make stars. If Fantasia or Diana released an album 10 months ago, it would not sell. But simply because of American Idol, they are going to at least go platinum. American Idol has given them to exposure and they would be nothing without it. It seems as if American Idol is more concerned with making stars than making great music.
    The purpose of AI is to find viable recording artists. Everyone that happens to sell records is not a star. If he had said that Diana was a born star, would you be upset? I think you have a problem with it because he said that Fantasia is a born star like MJ and Elvis.

I think everyone is 'made' into a star. The people on this show are made into stars. Everyone needs voice lessons, wardrobe help, etc. to be made into a star. No one is just poof born and they are a star. The may have what it needs to become a star, but they are not a star yet.

DetroitRockCity
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I think everyone is 'made' into a star. The people on this show are made into stars. Everyone needs voice lessons, wardrobe help, etc. to be made into a star. No one is just poof born and they are a star. The may have what it needs to become a star, but they are not a star yet.

Charisma is the chief ingredient to leap from being just successful to STAR.
    Nobody can give that

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It still freaks me that someone of Randy's calibre has ended up on AI . His official AI bio doesn't even mention his works with Springsteen or Dylan or his work in Europe.

Did anyone else hear the Fox radio promo? They were promoting AI and the announcer called it the show that made Randy Jackson a star, then waited a beat and said something like "but I always preferred Jermaine".
    Currently looking for a pressure-less and expectation-free zone zone

My Corner of the Web

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    It still freaks me that someone of Randy's calibre has ended up on AI . His official AI bio doesn't even mention his works with Springsteen or Dylan or his work in Europe.
    Tell me about it! But hey, money talks, huh?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Randy Jackson, Judge

Link Here

Are you ready to pop and lock? Think it's time to take the Soulja Boy dance craze to the next level? Don't know what the paso doble or fox trot is? Good, 'cause we're bringing the streets to the stage in the new competitive dance series Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew!

After scouring the country for the top street and studio dance crews, we found 12 of the very best groups to grace our stage. With their dreams on the line, these crews need to impress our panel of judges, including JC Chasez and choreographer Shane Sparks, host Mario Lopez and, yes, American Idol's Randy Jackson, 'cause after the first dance-off, only the elite eight will stay in the competition. And, in the end, only one team will be crowned America's Best Dance Crew, winning a crazy cool cash prize and a coveted touring contract.

Week after week, each dance crew, consisting of five to seven members, will work their butts off to demonstrate their most innovative choreography and sick dance skills. The crews will be asked to recreate the moves seen in the hottest music videos, use their fancy footwork to reenact their favorite movie scenes and pay homage to the classic grooves (and moves) of the past. But it's going to be hard to keep the beat and stay on point with so many people competing for the title of America's Best Dance Crew, and there's sure to be showdowns, shouting matches and dramatic impromptu dance-offs!

And guess what? You'll be right in the middle of the action! Oh yeah, you heard us right. As it all unfolds, you'll get to vote for your favorite dance crew -- yup, their fates are in your hands! Once we tally up the votes, the two weakest links must battle, showing the judges their best moves for the chance to advance to the next round. One crew will be eliminated each week, ultimately revealing America's Best Dance Crew!

So what do you say, are you ready to help us discover America's Best Dance Crew?
    I've seen rumors flying around that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hok and Dominic from SYTYCD
    were trying out for this show.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Three quotes from Randy tonight (Disco Night):

''Dude, you can sing also!''
    ''You can really sing''
    ''You definitely can sing''
    ''You can really sing, dude.''
    Dear Mr. Warwick and Mr. Fuller:

Show running long? Need to cut a judge? Here's your guy.

*bump*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456