+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson, Judge

You forgot CLASSIC Journey, dahlings.
    He was amazing on the '86 Raised on Radio tour.
    Give the man a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    [IMG]images/img/randy3583ret_72.jpeg[/IMG]

RANDY JACKSON

Randy Jackson, a Grammy Award winning producer, is a twenty-year music industry veteran. For eight years, he was the V.P. of A&R at Columbia Records followed by four years as Senior V.P. of A&R at MCA Records.

Randy has recorded, toured and performed with the likes of Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, *NSYNC, Madonna, Elton John, Destiny's Child and many more. Randy has worked on over one thousand gold and multi-platinum albums. His contributions have helped to sell over 200 million albums worldwide.

Talk Reality

Who is Randy Jackson?

I know who Paula Abdul is and I know who Simon Cowell is ( to my regret) but who is Randy Jackson? Was he a singer, producer, who? Never heard of him before I don't think.

hugs
    Arne

Perhaps a quick search through this forum would help you out, so we don't have to rehash information just for those too lazy to look it up themselves.

Talk Reality

Thanks John

Thanks John, now I know who Randy Jackson is, while this is a great resume of Randy's I don't know if the puffing up does all that much for me. All I ever hear Randy say is Dude I'm not feeling you tonight, or Dude I was feeling you!
    Its very rare that Randy expands and lets us see the pruducer in him. I would like to see more of that in Randy then him resorting to Simon's Antics of being mean and rude.

thanks again
    hugs
    Arne

Quote Originally Posted by John
    [IMG]images/img/randy3583ret_72.jpeg[/IMG]

RANDY JACKSON

Randy Jackson, a Grammy Award winning producer, is a twenty-year music industry veteran. For eight years, he was the V.P. of A&R at Columbia Records followed by four years as Senior V.P. of A&R at MCA Records.

Randy has recorded, toured and performed with the likes of Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, *NSYNC, Madonna, Elton John, Destiny's Child and many more. Randy has worked on over one thousand gold and multi-platinum albums. His contributions have helped to sell over 200 million albums worldwide.

I just wanted ot add that I think it's sad when an adult tries to talk "Hip" like Randy does. To me it sounds foolish coming out of his mouth.

I don't know, he's just bugging me.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fan

Randy’s Ascension as an AI Judge

Last night’s “Soul” themed show evidenced more clearly than ever Randy’s ascension as the premier American Idol judge.

When you get past Simon’s caustic and critical wit, Paula’s new age – feel good philosophy and Randy’s ‘hood speak, it boils down to whom most understands “American” music forms and their presentation. With the operative word being American.

I first noticed Simon’s complete lack of appreciation for Americana during last year’s “country” themed program. He was fumbling around on his reviews like Paula searching for a well reasoned thought. Simon’s shortcomings again presented themselves last night.

There is nothing as equally objectionable as a music amateur who is occupied as a critic and for American based music forms and presentation; Simon is showing himself as an amateur.

That said, Simon has earned my respect as a talent evaluator, forgiving his exploits during the show to spread such terror and confusion among the performers as humanly possible, he reluctantly acquiesces and applauds when his “atypical” AI does shine. And when his lunacy and personal barbs take a back seat, he can be very constructive in his criticisms…

The effective critic has to assume an intelligence and competence at least equal to that of the artist whose work he is reviewing and Randy is proving that more with each show.

Conversely, if there's any suggestion of uncertainty or lack of knowledge shown, chances are you won't trust the reviewer, which is why there’s been so little said about Paula ---- Just think Leah.

Personally I am getting annoyed how Randy does not let Simon speak, and they keep getting into these staged (?) fights. I wish each of the judges would just say what they have to stay about the contestants, and stop judging each other's judging. It has become more of a cockfight behind the judges table than anything else.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I don't know. Randy kept trying to compare John S. to LaToya when any fool can see that they are polar opposites...
    I'll miss you Amy, George, and La Toya

Drain my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I just wanted ot add that I think it's sad when an adult tries to talk "Hip" like Randy does. To me it sounds foolish coming out of his mouth.

I don't know, he's just bugging me.
    I enjoy Randy and his choice of words. Although older, he's keepin it real and he's really got it goin on...
    I drive down the street in a Rolls Royce car. Use hundred dollar bills when I light my cigar.

FORT Regular

Randy Jackson: Stars are not made, they are born

Am I the only one sick and tired of hearing Randy Jackson saying this? Excuse me Randy, but the whole point of American Idol is to make stars. If Fantasia or Diana released an album 10 months ago, it would not sell. But simply because of American Idol, they are going to at least go platinum. American Idol has given them to exposure and they would be nothing without it. It seems as if American Idol is more concerned with making stars than making great music.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast