+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson, Judge

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    I hate how the media is trying to act like Randy did all sorts of work to lose this weight. Pssssh he just happens to have money to lose the weight the easy way.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

K&C, a gastric bypass is by absolutely no means "the easy way". It's a physically and mentally amazingly difficult thing to do, and I have the utmost respect for anyone who decides that it's their last hope of losing weight when nothing else works.

I think it's a little rude to assume that it's "the easy way". Do some research.

One in 200 people die during gastric bypass surgery.
    It's an extremely risky operation, done at a time when the person is in the worst possible physical condition to be operated on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Why get it done then if it's so risky?? There are a lot of people who have been his weight and lost it with diet and exercise (which would take a lot more work imo). That just makes it seem like even more of a cop-out to me to do something so risky. Sharon Osbourne had it done and there's no way that she was on death's door with any weight problem. That makes it all just seem cosmetic and trivial.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

Sharon lost 90 pounds on her gastric bypass, from 224 pounds. That's seriously overweight for her height, and a good candidate for GP.

Your uninformed opinions about this subject are beginning to make me a little mad, so either do some research before you spout them, or stop.

FORT Fogey
    When you're really overweight, it's much more difficult to exercise, and while possible, you have to have a LOT of time as well. Randy's busy with things other than AI as well, and I think it was a good choice. He still has to be really careful about his weight, and he has to exercise now to keep his weight stable. There's a difference in keeping weight off and taking weight off... a BIG difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    Why get it done then if it's so risky?? There are a lot of people who have been his weight and lost it with diet and exercise (which would take a lot more work imo). That just makes it seem like even more of a cop-out to me to do something so risky. Sharon Osbourne had it done and there's no way that she was on death's door with any weight problem. That makes it all just seem cosmetic and trivial.

Doctors won't even do this surgery on someone who just wants it done for "costmetic or trivial" reasons. You have to have a serious health problem that is caused or made worse by obesity, like diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, arthritis, heart disease, etc. Having bariatric surgery requires a lifetime commitment and a complete lifestyle change. I know you are saying, if they can do it after the surgery, why not before? Having the surgery makes it easier to lose the weight. You aren't able to consume as much food, hense you lose weight. But over time, if you continue to over eat, and it's possible after the surgery, you will stretch out your stomach and eventually gain the weight back. It's a tool that can be used to "help" someone lose weight, but it's by no means an easy task. And yes, it's risky, but so is continuing with severe health problems caused by obesity. I personally applaud Randy and wish him the best of luck.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Exactly, Dflem & Lil Bit

I also saw Randy when he was on Oprah and that's exactly what he said. With his work and lifestyle, it wasn't really easy to diet and exercise regularly. He also said that before he did the surgery, he tried all the diets you can imagine. I don't think that people that do that kind of procedure don't try everything else before they go through with it. He still has to be careful with what he eats, he said that he's now more inclined to take care of himself and he wants to feel and look good

Good for Randy. I wish him good luck and good health. It's always a risk when you have surgery done.

Randy will be on Ryan Seacrest's tv show today.
    www.ryanonair.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast