+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Randy Jackson, Judge

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Randy, by the way, will be releasing an AI-related book himself in mid-January, titled "What's Up, Dawg?"

Who's will do better, his or Simon's? I'm betting on Simon.
    Wow. How many 'yo's' do you think it will contain?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Too many

Randy has a wealth of music industry knowledge to pass on, but somehow I can't see him doing it via this book.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, I still haven't read the book, but after seeing him on Oprah yesterday I might have to revise my opinion of his book.

He claims that it's full of advice for people trying to get into the music business.

If anyone does happen to read it please let us know.

He was looking good on Oprah yesterday.
    He's lost 98lbs since his surgery.
    "That's Numberwang!"

You planning on going into the music business, fluff?
    Who shot who in the what now?

Randy Jackson article:

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/01/13/rjacksondawg/
    QUOTE:
    "

'Idol's Big Dawg Loses a Few Bones!

January 13, 2004
    RANDY JACKSON, one-third of the "American Idol" trio of judges, is gearing up for the third season of the ultra-popular show. But first, ET sits down with the record producer to chat about "Idol," his dramatic weight loss and his new book, What's Up Dawg?: How to Become a Superstar in the Music Business, a book that Jackson says reveals just that.

"This is the real deal, bottom-line, great stuff that you need to know," he says.

Jackson says that for the past 13 years he's been in the business, hopefuls and wannabes are continuously asking him for advice, so he decided to answer all the questions in one book.

"What's Up Dawg? is my insider's guide to the music business on how to make it," he explains. "If you're a singer, a musician, if you're just someone who wants to be in the game or just love music, you're a manager -- whatever facet of the music business -- you can find out all the tips in this book."

In the book, he talks about how he believes that every seven years you should try something new. He says that although this is a part of his seven-year plan, being a writer was something he had to get used to.

"It was a little tough for me. It's a new thing for me, trying to be an author."

After gastric bypass surgery more than five months ago, something else that is new for Jackson is his slimmer and healthier physique, which he says he was more than sure he wanted.

"I was ready for a life change and a change of lifestyle." He continues, "It wasn't hard for me to do it (surgery). It was harder to get around to the decision to do it."

After trying almost every diet out there, he says that exercise and nutrition are the only ways for him to keep off the 98 pounds he lost. So, do his old favorites ever tempt him?

"Once you start over and say, 'Hey, I'm not going to go through a life-threatening, risky surgery and start back binging on pizza and donuts' ... it's crazy and I'm not crazy. I know that much!"

"This is a personal journey," he says. "It's really about you and I think whenever you base it on -- anything and anyone else or for any other reason than trying to get healthy and change your life -- it's always not going to come out right."

Jackson says he's excited for the third season of "Idol" and is ready to find another RUBEN, CLAY or KELLY, whom he says he still offers advice to.

"My door is always open to them and I offer any advice -- any -- whatever they need." He says this season audiences should expect a few surprises. "There are a couple of new twists," he reveals. "I think it's a girl's race this year ... it's going to be interesting."

END QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    You planning on going into the music business, fluff?

Stranger things have happened. . . not much stranger admittedly
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ummm AI2 forum? Definitely stranger.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Hmmmm, a girl's race.

Interesting.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Hmmmm, a girl's race.

Interesting.
    Well, we haven't had an all-female final yet...

Even though AI1 should have been all female...

Oh yeah I would love an all female finale.
    I know that AI 1 shouldve been that and IMO so should Pop Idol 2 have been, so I hope this time it is a battle of Divas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast