+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Paula Adbul, Judge

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I saw Paula in a video cameo. I believe that she had a "Lydia" type role from Fame.
    I believe you are referring to 'Roses' from Outkast

plastic

Thanks Aiwannabe, you're right!

Paula was also on the Ellen show last week. I like Paula's sense of humor. She was trying to teach Ellen a dance move. (Ellen, don't quit your day job! ) Paula did well on the show.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I believe you are referring to 'Roses' from Outkast

I was wondering if that was Paula!

You'd think I'd would have figured it out for sure in the 500 times or so I've watched the video. Not that I'm an Outkast freak or anything...

Paula is slated to be on the telecast panel for Miss Universe 2004, to air on June 1 on NBC.

Paula neutralizes Simon's acidity... if you guys watch figure skating, she's like calm Peggy next to acerbic Dick Button. That is her role. Oh, plus she's Simon's foil to bounce jokes off of.

FORT Newbie
    I hate to say it, but I think Paula is "wasted" space - in more ways than one. First of all, she looks as if she's on something, or had too much botox. She can't express an opinion of her own. When I watched the audition shows last week I was stunned at how many times she said, "I'm on the fence with this one - Randy?" She'll look disgusted through a performance, but if Randy says it's "aight" she'll agree. Last night she rambled on about nothing. I guess she feels her b**bs will talk for her.

I enjoy FORTplay JayPea Patches's Avatar
    I generally like Paula there, as she usually sweet and charming and very diplomatic in her critiques one way or the other. Yes she's sugary, and sometimes overly so, but she's "in the mix" to stay, as I can't imagine Simon teasing some other woman judge in the future other than Ms. Abdul. They're perfect as they are, IMHO.

My only problem with her, and also Randy primarily, was that they were, IMHO, overly biased towards Fantasia this week. Sure she was the likely candidate to win the competition, but I think that they didn't need to be so outwardly "partial" to one contestant over the other. It was almost as if they were awarding points as real judges. I just thought they could have been a little bit more neutral in this respect. Simon was Simon, and didn't show overt bias towards one or the other, he was his usual critical self, but with Paula especially, it was like Fantasia was "walking on water".

Just my 3 cents worth. :rolleyes
    "An apple a day may keep the doctor at bay" ... but on top of that, an Apple™ consumer won't get any viruses either!!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillie
    I hate to say it, but I think Paula is "wasted" space - in more ways than one. First of all, she looks as if she's on something, or had too much botox.
    And over the top with the silicone too. :o

I think Paula is awesome! I don't see why people don't like her! She's an awesome judge! She's nice to all of the conpetitors and she can sing really well! She's beautiful too!

Paul rocks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345