+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Nilsen (representing Norway)

The Hobbit from Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    That is a really funny image.

I've decided that I would prefer guy to win over Kurt, and I think part of the reason is that I just don't like it when a particular singer is hyped so much (like he seems to be on these boards) I know, it shouldn't have anything to do with that, and it should have everything to do with singing, but I just can't take it... I like his singing and all, but I have the need to root for an underdog. I liked Clay and Ruben on AI2 until I realized that they were headed for the F2, and so I continued to cheer for KLo... anyway, I know I'm going to hear a lot about how Kurt is an amazing singer... etc, but I already know that.

I think that about covers it.
    Personally, I think Kurt deserves all the hype he gets. He's a pervadedly down-to-earth and kind-hearted person, blessed with the voice of an angel. I find him to be charmingly modest, too. As he said, slightly shocked, after becoming the Norwegian Idol: "But I didn't do anything, I just sang."

We all know that Guy, Kelly, Will, Ryan and other contestants from big countries are already well-known and will be launched abroad whether they win or not, but seriously, how many of you had heard about Kurt from Norway before the World Idol show?

If Kurt wins, it will mean SO much more for his career than it will for, say, Kelly. Does it really make a difference for her if she doesn't win? I honestly doubt it. She has an amazing voice and will deservingly be recognized worldwide regardless, because she's from the USA. Not that it's a bad thing! :o)
    Best regards,
    ěyvind Svedman

The Hobbit from Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickals
    Some of the songs on Guy's album were songs he had wrote himself, very impressive. Go the Fro.
    I agree, and FYI: Kurt has written most of the songs on his album, too.
    Best regards,
    ěyvind Svedman

I think Kurt has a real shot at winning the whole thing. I think it'll be close between Kelly and Kurt, but as the Australian judge said (and a couple of the other judges agreed), Kelly doesn't need to win the competition as much as some of the others. Therefore, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Kurt pull out a victory.

I did like his singing a lot. I didn't feel that he was trying to reach/capture the audience with his persona. He still has a heap of talent.

Re: the gap in his teeth. I've been told that actors (maybe singers too) rely on tongue placement in their mouths. I would wonder if he wanted to have that gap lessened, if that might have any small affect. (Probably not). I think it's nice to not have what might be considered an imperfection left along.

Please remember that this is a thread for talking about Kurt. Thanks.

FORT Newbie
    hello..
    I`m new here.. and my english is really bad..sorry!!
    I`m from Norway and I have to say that I am really happy when I read what you think about Kurt!!! It is great..!!
    I didn`t like when Simon Cowel told him "we don`t give cd recording to ugly people" His woice is great and that`s important!!!!

Kelly and Guy was also great singers!! GO KELLY!!!

sorry for all the spealling mistakes....Hope you understand what I`m writing...

to the FORT, kristiina! Enjoy your stay!

Kristiina! I look at "your flag" almost every day. Kurt does have talent. By the way, I think that your English is just fine!

I wouldnt call it "Hype" because the people on the boards are fans , not promoters.
    Kurt is popular on the boards NOT because of the media, or being shoved down our throats by record producers..but because people from countries around the world saw ONE performance by him and were captivated. I know I was.
    So yes, he is popular on here, but by sheer talent

GO KURT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and to all Norwegian fans, Kurt is WONDERFUL, I can see why you are so proud

the definition of hype is : "intensive or exaggerated publicity or sales promotion
    example: media hype" or "to market or promote (a product) using exaggerated or intensive publicity" so don't let the fact that many of us love him sway ya!

----------------------------
    Lobeck I agree. I think if things go the way they SHOULd, Kurt will win. However I think that Will and Kelly have SO many fans worldwide that he probably won't win If World Idol had been more than one show and one results show, there would be tons more people who would vote for him.
    Even for those who did watch the show and loved him..did they vote for him or anyone else? If they did vote, was it two or three times or 300? With just the one show, I just have my doubts that people went out of their way to vote.

Kelly and Will both do not need this "crown" to prove anything. I so hope Kurt surprises them all and wins it. He deserves it, and it would be so wonderful for him to start selling cds worldwide.
    Last edited by alysaryn2; 12-29-2003 at 01:03 PM.
    "I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me. "

FORT Newbie
    I don't think he is ugly

+ Reply to Thread