+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Nilsen (representing Norway)

FORT Newbie
    "They don't have fluronated water or an obsession with having the whitest straightest teeth like we do in the west. I fail to see what this has to do with a singing competition."

Norway is one of the richest, and one of the best countries to live in.

And no, there NOT walking any bears around the streets. We have a hot, hot summer like most of the world.

No bears? That clinches it - I'm crossing Norway off my vacation list

Thanks, Dan1el, for dispelling some of the US-centric inaccuracies that some of us hold.

FORT Newbie
    Kurt Nilsen have a amazing voice I really hope Kurt winns World Idol, he really deserve it ;-) Go kurt!!!

The Hobbit from Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by atencion
    The Cd and singel of Kurt you can find on for example http://www.cdon.com

Enjoy
    Well, they will only ship within the EU and Scandinavia, so if you're in North America and want to buy his CD, you can do so from Zailor. It might be a bit more expensive due to relatively high Norwegian prices, added shipment costs, and possibly toll.

If you're interested in listening to non-quality samples, you can go to CDON.com and click on the EU flag.

Ordering from Zailor is a bit tricky since most of their site is in Norwegian, but don't worry, they have a lot of information in English:

1) Go to http://www.zailor.no/kundeservice/eng/faq_eng.asp

2) Read about everything you need to know before placing an order. In their FAQ you will find step-by-step instructions on how to register as a customer and how to order, so follow these steps. You will also find translations of order confirmation emails etc., so study the FAQ carefully.

3) Open a new window at http://www.zailor.no/ and do a "CD Artist" search for Kurt Nilsen.

4) Now follow the instructions in the FAQ on how to order!

Hope this helps :o)
    Best regards,
    Řyvind Svedman

FORT Newbie
    If Kurt Nilsen wins, he proves that beuty is not everything.

The Hobbit from Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    No bears? That clinches it - I'm crossing Norway off my vacation list

Thanks, Dan1el, for dispelling some of the US-centric inaccuracies that some of us hold.
    I realize this is off-topic, but what the heck. Most Norwegians are very proud of their country and feel obligated to snuff the ignorance about it around the world

I'm sure you've seen this image before...

"The Kingdom of Norway enjoys one of the highest standards of living in the world."
    Source: BBC
    Best regards,
    Řyvind Svedman

I hadn't seen that image before, it's pretty hilarious.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    I see many people are intrested in his CD, but i recommend the Fenrik Lane CD (the group he was with b4). I heard they made his CD in 6 days, they just wanted it to sell. Its a shame that they couldnt spend more time and effort on it. And it did sell, but in norwegian papers he only got 3's or 4's... They said he sold himself, like Mariah Carey (ironically she has sold the 3rd most records in the world, after Beatles and Elvis).
    I think you are confused.

The Norwegian Idol show ended in May 2003; his first album (sans band), called simply "I", was released in September.

As far as I'm aware, Guy Sebastian is the only idol who had to record an album in less than a week.

FORT Fogey
    That is a really funny image.

I've decided that I would prefer guy to win over Kurt, and I think part of the reason is that I just don't like it when a particular singer is hyped so much (like he seems to be on these boards) I know, it shouldn't have anything to do with that, and it should have everything to do with singing, but I just can't take it... I like his singing and all, but I have the need to root for an underdog. I liked Clay and Ruben on AI2 until I realized that they were headed for the F2, and so I continued to cheer for KLo... anyway, I know I'm going to hear a lot about how Kurt is an amazing singer... etc, but I already know that.

I think that about covers it.

Superstar in the making Snickals's Avatar
    I think Kurt did a great job with that song, but it could possibly have been a one off if the contestants were to sing more than one song, but we'll never know. But I think he has a very good chance of winning for his voice regardless of his looks.

Quote Originally Posted by torifrog
    As far as I'm aware, Guy Sebastian is the only idol who had to record an album in less than a week.
    Some of the songs on Guy's album were songs he had wrote himself, very impressive. Go the Fro.

+ Reply to Thread