+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Nilsen (representing Norway)

FORT Fan
    Can somebody tell me when the Norway Idol contest ended and if Kurt's CD has been made available for sale outside of Norway?

The Hobbit from Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by alysaryn2
    Svedman those are the same ones I posted , although from a different site...I guess I wasnt clear enough about that.Thank you for reposting them, since they are just clips from Idol.
    I had done a search at around 2 or 3 in the morning so that I could post the songs for people who were unable to see the show, and I probably didnt make it clear enough that they were show clips.
    Anyway, John is just protecting his site and the artist, and kudos to that.
    Just wanted to make sure people who don't know me do not see that post and view me as a leper or something LOL
    No problem. :o)

You know what I find the most fascinating, though? That before the show, Kurt had the highest odds of all to win. Now?

KELLY CLARKSON +150
    WILL YOUNG +450
    GUY SEBASTIAN +500
    RYAN MALCOLM +5000
    KURT NILSEN +175
    HEINZ WINCKLER +2500
    ALEZANDER KLAWS +10000
    JAMAI LOMAN +6000
    ALICJA JANOSZ +6000
    PETER EVRARD +5000
    DIANA KARAZON +20000
    (Source: BetWWTS.com)

Attaching a little pic of Kurt and Kelly together.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best regards,
    Řyvind Svedman

FORT Newbie

they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ilean4clay
    I definitely preferred his rendition to U2's. I'll agree he could be the dark horse winner.

Aside: Do they not have dentists and orthodontists in Europe?
    they do have dentist and all thast here in norway. but it its the theets that make him who he are.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Svedman
    No problem. :o)

You know what I find the most fascinating, though? That before the show, Kurt had the highest odds of all to win. Now?

KELLY CLARKSON +150
    WILL YOUNG +450
    GUY SEBASTIAN +500
    RYAN MALCOLM +5000
    KURT NILSEN +175
    HEINZ WINCKLER +2500
    ALEZANDER KLAWS +10000
    JAMAI LOMAN +6000
    ALICJA JANOSZ +6000
    PETER EVRARD +5000
    DIANA KARAZON +20000
    (Source: BetWWTS.com)

Attaching a little pic of Kurt and Kelly together.
    It's weird how Kurt is fifth on the list, but seems to be the second favoritebased on the numbers -- just behind Kelly. Kelly did get great comments from the judges and I think she's probably the best known of all the contestants with the highest number of fans who can actually vote for her. (Or maybe Will is?) But, I still think Kurt has a shot.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    Can somebody tell me when the Norway Idol contest ended and if Kurt's CD has been made available for sale outside of Norway?
    its ended in mai. and i dont think the cd is for samle outside of norway. yett. is there many peaople that wotet for kurt?

FORT Newbie
    I see many people are intrested in his CD, but i recommend the Fenrik Lane CD (the group he was with b4). I heard they made his CD in 6 days, they just wanted it to sell. Its a shame that they couldnt spend more time and effort on it. And it did sell, but in norwegian papers he only got 3's or 4's... They said he sold himself, like Mariah Carey (ironically she has sold the 3rd most records in the world, after Beatles and Elvis).

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    I see many people are intrested in his CD, but i recommend the Fenrik Lane CD (the group he was with b4). .

Just have to say that he is still together with Fenrik Lane. He has said that he is gonna stick together as a group no matter how famous he gets as just himself.

FORT Newbie
    I would believe that even Bono himself, would be impressed of Kurt's singing. It was awesome, and definitely the best of the 11 idol's.

One thing you should know is that Kurt is a real musican, he plays guitar, flute, "harding-fele", bass, drums. He also writes his own songs.

Something that Yelly probadly ain't doing? She's just a sell-out in the glammy US.
    What's so magnificant by singing 10 tones in one second? I would like to hear her holding a tone for more than one second.

Fenrik Lane, Kurts band, you can find on this website.. http://www.fenriklane.com
    There are some songs you can download.

If anyone wants to hear Kurt performing A-ha - Hunting High and Low from the norwegian Idol, go to http://home.no.net/storvold/kurtsanger.htm
    ("Last ned" = Download)
    They also have other songs of Kurt performed on norwegian Idol.
    Last edited by atencion; 12-29-2003 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atencion
    I would believe that even Bono himself, would be impressed of Kurt's singing. It was awesome, and definitely the best of the 11 idol's.

Fenrik Lane, Kurts band, you can find on this website.. http://www.fenriklane.com
    There are some songs you can download.

If anyone wants to hear Kurt performing A-ha - Hunting High and Low from the norwegian Idol, you can contact me on my e-mail.
    I also have other songs of Kurt performed on norwegian Idol.

- Candle in the wind (Elton John)
    - Hunting High and Low (a-ha)
    - She's so high
    - Skyfri himmel (Bjorn Eidsvaag)
    - Stuck in a moment (U2)
    - The Day after tomorrow (Saybia)
    - You're the first, the last, my everything (Barry White)
    - Fly me to the moon (Frank Sinatra)
    - Beautiful Day (U2)

I just want to say Kurt just up and blew me away in World Idol. His voice reigns supreme. I hope he wins.

His songwriting (I have been listening to his stuff for days now) has the wistfulness of John Lennon about it, while his voice is completely distinctive--much, much better than Bono's (who was never a great singer-- but a fabulous lyricist). Kurt has a rich rock sound in the lower register enhanced by those unusual-- lovely! very appealing!-- uber notes of Chris Martin from Coldplay. Gorgeous combination.

I think Kurt is going to be a huge force on the world music stage after this event. And he deserves to be. He is enormously talented and I am just frustrated that I am going to have to wait any time for his material to reach us down under. And it will be forever, dammit!

Love his work!

The best! Better than all the rest!

FORT Newbie
    The Cd and singel of Kurt you can find on for example http://www.cdon.com

Enjoy

+ Reply to Thread