+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Nilsen (representing Norway)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by indeedlyme

I think everyone just wants Kurt to win to prove Simon Cowell wrong, but i don't see Kurt as a World Idol, maybe Norway's idol because you can't expect much from them. Geeez Norway call him there Justin Timberlake!!
    Calling Kurt the Norwegian Justin Timberlake is such an insult -- to Kurt. Kurt's voice is much better than Justin's. BTW, I don't see how Kurt winning would prove Simon wrong since Simon thought Kurt was great and said he thought that Kurt had a good chance of winning. If people wanted to prove Simon wrong, they would vote against Kurt, Kelly, and Will and put all their votes towards the German, South African, Dutch, and Polish Idols.

FORT Newbie
    Nah i don't reckon this dude can be a world star. I think he would be known in the world as "Mr Ugly Man" if he won, but maybe i was watching a different show to you people, but to me most of World Idol just seemed like a version of UK show 'Stars in their eyes' where the contestants try and sound like the person who originally sang the song they were singing.

But to be honest i don't see Kurt appearing on Top of the Pops in the future or going on a worldwide tour. I think he should just stay and make music for the people of Norway!

Thank you and goodnight
    Andrew (The 12th Judge of World Idol)

FORT Newbie
    To be honest Kurt's performance was a bit overated, I just thought he tried to sound to much like Bono and he didn't actually make the song his own, unlike Guy Sebastian & Will Young who made the songs they sung there own. I'd have to agree with Australian Idol Judge Ian 'Dicko' Dickson's comments on Kurt, if he won it would be extremely hard to market him to the world.

I think everyone just wants Kurt to win to prove Simon Cowell wrong, but i don't see Kurt as a World Idol, maybe Norway's idol because you can't expect much from them. Geeez Norway call him there Justin Timberlake!!

All of that is just crap!!!! And that part about Kurt being a Norwegian Justin Timberlake is ridicilous (Did I spell that right?)

Nah i don't reckon this dude can be a world star. I think he would be known in the world as "Mr Ugly Man" if he won, but maybe i was watching a different show to you people, but to me most of World Idol just seemed like a version of UK show 'Stars in their eyes' where the contestants try and sound like the person who originally sang the song they were singing.

But to be honest i don't see Kurt appearing on Top of the Pops in the future or going on a worldwide tour. I think he should just stay and make music for the people of Norway!

Thank you and goodnight
    Andrew (The 12th Judge of World Idol)
    Sorry, but I think he is cute, gap between teeth and all! He may look like a Hobbit, but I've loved Hobbits since 1971! Besides, many famous people have gaps between their two front teeth.

Better yet, I thought he was really great as a singer! My favorite, by far!
    I actually liked many of the singers on this show, and think that most of them have a chance to have some success in the music industry (given the right material for their voices). I even liked the woman who sang in Arabic. I could easily see her making it with the New Age crowd (that includes me). The heavy metal guy was really good, too, and I don't even like that type of music!!!

I do wish, though, that they could have each performed several songs, and that there had been less commercials.

FORT Newbie
    but to me most of World Idol just seemed like a version of UK show 'Stars in their eyes' where the contestants try and sound like the person who originally sang the song they were singing.
    Yes I agree this applied to the majority of contestants (most of all Peter Evrard). And everyone knows Stars in Their Eyes never get anywhere in the music industry, thus I would be very surprised if the public (the British at any rate) went out and actually bought any of Kurt's material if he won World Idol.

Will really butchered that Doors song, I don't care if he tried to channel Jose Feliciano. On the other hand, I love U2 and would have been the first in line to slam Kurt for ruining Beautiful Day, but he really did a nice job of it.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Just a MODly reminder ,before you comment on other countries and show just how geographically ignorant you are, remember this site has members worldwide . Yes people worldwide do have dentists and orthodontists

I voted for Kurt and thought the Ugly comment was way off base . Hello Simon - looked in the mirror lately ? (Bono is chunky and has four kids and his teeth used to be horrible ). That really has zero to do with anything.
    I love Hobbitzes.
    Last edited by eny; 12-28-2003 at 02:05 PM.

The Hobbit from Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    Just a MODly reminder ,before you comment on other countries and show just how geographically ignorant you are, remember this site has members worldwide . Yes people worldwide do have dentists and orthodontists
    LOL, thanks, somebody had to say it.

Anyway, I think Kurt is amazing! What a voice! What a huge GAP he has between his front teeth! So what! :o) Like Kurt himself said, grinning, after his performance on World Idol, "It's not a modelling contest." I really hope the voting world will let voice and talent come before beauty in this contest.

People who have been requesting MP3s of Kurt's singing: Heads up! I've found recordings from the Norwegian Idol contest, which are perfectly legal MP3s (honest, John) and cannot be found on any commercially available CD:

Kurt Nilsen - Beautiful Day
    (Remember, this is not from World Idol, but Norwegian Idol)

Kurt Nilsen - Fly Me To The Moon

Kurt Nilsen - One

Kurt Nilsen - Saybia

Kurt Nilsen - Stuck In A Moment
    Best regards,
    Řyvind Svedman

thanks so much Svedman! He's fantastic.. if nothing else he is true to the song and he is consistant.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Newbie
    I'll be really really disappointed if Kurt wins, the show would be labeled a joke.

I believe a talent like Guy Sebastian would benefit more from winning this competition then anyone else.

+ Reply to Thread