+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Nilsen (representing Norway)

FORT Fan
    I've got a question for you. On the American broadcast, Kelly commented on all the contestants. She made it pretty clear that Kurt was her favorite. She said she thought he was really great and that he had a very good chance of winning.

Honestly, there are no losers in WI. They're all getting more exposure. Even if Kurt comes in second, it won't matter, at least not here in the U.S..
    Last edited by eny; 12-31-2003 at 07:42 PM. Reason: edited by mods to remove comments that have upset others.

I am pretty sure that Kellys comments were only broadcast on the US stations so if Kelly had said bad things about him it really wouldn't have improved her chances anyway

As for the voting system, I am pretty sure there is a thread here devoted to that very topic

I thought he was awesome, and I also found his dimples quite cute
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I am pretty sure that Kellys comments were only broadcast on the US stations so if Kelly had said bad things about him it really wouldn't have improved her chances anyway
    Americans were allowed to vote for Kurt. They just couldn't vote for Kelly. I think it probably was a good thing for Kurt in the U.S. that Kelly was saying good things about him. Just like it was good for Kelly that they were promoting her album during the Norwegian broadcast.

The Hobbit from Norway
    Oh yes, of course it was great for Kurt that Kelly spoke well of him! No doubts about that. Great PR.

I'd like to confirm that Kelly's statement about Kurt wasn't aired on Norwegian TV, and add that Kurt said that Kelly is his favorite and deserves to win the whole thing.
    Last edited by eny; 12-31-2003 at 07:37 PM.
    Best regards,
    Řyvind Svedman

I guess my point is that it won't HURT Kelly that she said good things about Kurt, as she already gets the highest available points from the US.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sometimes I'm not sure about the vibe I've been picking up on the WI thread so, I'm just sending you all a hug both near and far.

I know I already said all this in the Simon thread, but I really wish (insert people frolicking around in a meadow holding hands and singing, and what the heck, throw in "I'd Like to teach the World to sing" playing in the background, since Lobeck got that song stuck in my head ROFL) everyone could just open their eyes and see 10 singers performing, pick who they thought sounded and performed the best , without any outside influences such as country, race ,religion, etc etc. and be done with it.
    I wonder what the actual voting tallys would be then? Maybe they should do a World Idol, and not tell anyone which country anyone is from
    Or maybe they SHOULD do "Radio Idol" (thanks for the idea Simon ) so we could vote without knowing what they look like or where they are from.
    Then again, maybe we could just vote based on talent..now there's a novel idea!

Quote Originally Posted by atencion
    I translated the interview for you

Kurt Nilsen wrote the songs to his first record on the road this summer.

Thanks SO much for taking the time to translate all that!!!

It's a frickin' tv show. Let it go....

People seem to get worked up over the most inconsequential things...

Some days, I hate my hobby.

FORT Newbie
    Helleu

If you want to hear more of Kurt Nilsen - go to the site of his band Fenrik Lane.

http://www.fenriklane.com/eng/index.html

Go Kurt !!!!!!!! The best voice of World Idol 2003 !!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread