+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Kurt Nilsen (representing Norway)

FORT Newbie
    Kurt used a month in writing 9 songs for the album,record his cd,have a hit on the radio,go on tour all over norway and be with his family.I think that he coulden't deside so much about when he ws going to relese his Cd,Kurt himself wasn't so happy about his own cd,he gave it 4 himself.But I love his cd,think it's great,and the song's he write are of high quality..
    Fenrik Lane is my favourite band and they are really worth checking out!

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi
    any actors or singers from Norway,so it would be great for his coutry!
    I too have thought abit about we not having any famous people from Norway, after Ant and Dec's joke...then it occured to me... We have one... Lillian Müller (53), I think she is the one who have been most often Playmate of the month or perhaps it's playmate of the year ever in Playboy.

Health fanatic Lillian Müller at 50 (no makeup here), but perfect teeth..

FORT Newbie

Why was Kellyshowed during all the commersials of the show???

In Norway, (where I am from, so excuse my English.) they showed commercials of Kelly Clarkson’s new album all the time during the breaks of the show. I think this will be a huge advantage for her, and very unfair to the other competitors. Because now we got to here her perform three other world hits of hers, in-between the other contestants! What do you think about this? Is it favoring? Do not be surprised if Ms Yelly get the top score from Norway! Do not get me wrong, she will probably win anyway…(I really enjoyed her performance!).

And of course I am hoping Kurt will win. I feel really sorry for all of you who have not got the opportunity to listen to him more. He has just an unbelievably amazing voice!!! So really hope the world would give our little hobbit a chance! (And I might add that it seems you agree with me regarding Kurt, right?)

FORT Newbie
    Kurt Nilsen: You probably don't recognize the name ... yet. But, you will. Nilsen is the 24-year-old plumber from Norway who made Kelly Clarkson and Simon Cowell both admit that he could win the World Idol competition after his performance on the Fox show Thursday night. If there is any justice in the world of fan voting, Nilsen will take home the prize with ease. He is the best singer this writer has seen in thirty years. Nilsen's vocal range, command of tone and lyric pronunciation are all better than 99% of the established stars working in the music world today or at any other time in history. Fox gave Americans a Christmas gift last night wrapped up as Kurt Nilsen. I hope you were lucky enough to see the show.

- TVNow Entertainment.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by unnle
    If you liked Kurt Nilsen, the norwegian singer; Here is a tip: He used to be the vocalist of a band called Fenrik Lane.
    He STILL is a member of Fenrik Lane....

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=pepsi]Wow she is 50!She looks amazing.I do remember a band that sang a song called TAKE ON YOU.The singer came out of an comic that the girl was reading.I think they might of been from Norway.
    QUOTE]

Yeah, that group is A-ha, they had a song called Take On Me... its a really good song. they also have a nice one called Stay On These Roads. I recommend it

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=MissJMA]
    Wow she is 50!She looks amazing.I do remember a band that sang a song called TAKE ON YOU.The singer came out of an comic that the girl was reading.I think they might of been from Norway.
    QUOTE]

Yeah, that group is A-ha, they had a song called Take On Me... its a really good song. they also have a nice one called Stay On These Roads. I recommend it
    That's the name.Thank you.They were great.I remember thinking the lead singer was really cute.
    Is Stay on these roads a new song?Or is it from the old days.I would like to hear it.

Go the fro(Guy)and Kurt!

FORT Newbie
    That's the name.Thank you.They were great.I remember thinking the lead singer was really cute.
    Is Stay on these roads a new song?Or is it from the old days.I would like to hear it.

Go the fro(Guy)and Kurt!

Yeah, his name is Morten Harket. He is like 43, but really cute =) I think u can find Stay on these roads on Kazaa or Imesh.. Its an old song. But soo beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by TrineLise
    In Norway, (where I am from, so excuse my English.) they showed commercials of Kelly Clarkson’s new album all the time during the breaks of the show. I think this will be a huge advantage for her, and very unfair to the other competitors. Because now we got to here her perform three other world hits of hers, in-between the other contestants! What do you think about this? Is it favoring? Do not be surprised if Ms Yelly get the top score from Norway! Do not get me wrong, she will probably win anyway…(I really enjoyed her performance!).

And of course I am hoping Kurt will win. I feel really sorry for all of you who have not got the opportunity to listen to him more. He has just an unbelievably amazing voice!!! So really hope the world would give our little hobbit a chance! (And I might add that it seems you agree with me regarding Kurt, right?)
    I love the FORT--It's great to know what's going on in (or the perspective from) other countries. (I'm in the US.) The placements of those commercials were terrible. It was just RCA and 19E capitalizing on an "Idol" audience--for album sales and, probably, votes as well. Terrible.

I'd never heard Kurt before, but I think that it was obvious to, well, the World that he has an almost freakishly great voice/technique.

The Hobbit from Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by TrineLise
    In Norway, (where I am from, so excuse my English.) they showed commercials of Kelly Clarkson's new album all the time during the breaks of the show. I think this will be a huge advantage for her, and very unfair to the other competitors. Because now we got to here her perform three other world hits of hers, in-between the other contestants! What do you think about this? Is it favoring? Do not be surprised if Ms Yelly get the top score from Norway! Do not get me wrong, she will probably win anyway?(I really enjoyed her performance!).
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It just proves that Kelly doesn't need to win World Idol as much as Kurt does - she's already launched her CD in Europe and probably other parts of the world as well. Succeeding globally for an artist from a fairly unknown country as Norway, with 4.5 million inhabitants, is really difficult, and require much luck in addition to talent - not to mention, it requires money.
    By the way, I'm from Norway too, and your English is just fine. :o)

I do remember a band that sang a song called TAKE ON YOU.The singer came out of an comic that the girl was reading.I think they might of been from Norway.
    Yes they were. :o) A-ha.

I guess in Norway you only read about your local stars.That's the same here.You can't buy any magazine without boring you about Nicole Kidman,Crowe or Kylie.In America I'm guessing it would be Jen and Ben.
    Heh, well, in fact you can't buy a magazine in Norway either without Jen and Ben ("Bennifer") in them! Sure, you can also read about Norwegian stars, but Norway is extremely Americanized. 95% of the motion pictures at the movie theathers are American, 95% of the TV shows are American, and thus American celebrities are just as well known in Norway as they are in the US.
    Don't worry, we don't dub your shows, we subtitle them. In fact, that's how many Norwegians (and the rest of Scandinavia) learn and maintain their English!
    Best regards,
    Øyvind Svedman

+ Reply to Thread