+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Clarkson (representing the United States)

Kelly Clarkson (representing the United States)

[IMG]images/img/kelly_clarkson.jpg[/IMG]

Kelly's fresh sound, distinctive vocal and unprecedented backing from some of the best writers and producers has created a star. Not only did she win a $1 million contract with RCA but her debut single, the double A side, 'A Moment Like This'/ 'Before Your Love' topped a Billboard Hot 100 chart record previously held by the Beatles. Her single skyrocketed from No. 52 to No. 1 after being crowned the inaugural American Idol.

Singing in her school choir, Kelly had always dreamed of stardom, she even moved straight to Hollywood after graduation. Things were going well when she met industry veteran Gerry Goffin - she recorded some demos and things seemed to be on the move. Unfortunately she soon faced a series of setbacks - Goffin fell ill, her apartment burned down and after fruitlessly touting her demo around record labels the only paying showbiz opportunity was a non-speaking bit part on Sabrina the Teenage Witch! So she headed home and took a job as a waitress.

Then a friend wisely advised her to audition for American Idol and a few months later she was back in LA - this time staying with 9 other finalists in a plush Hollywood Hills mansion! Kelly is very ambitious and hugely focussed - she really, really wanted to win and took on board all the advice she was given. She was the proverbial girl next door chasing her American Dream.

So far; 2003 has been an extremely successful year for Kelly; following her remarkable achievements with two Number 1 singles and multi-platinum debut album in the States, Kelly scored her first top 10 hit in the UK with 'Miss Independent'. She was nominated three times at MTV Video Music Awards, the American Music Awards and won 'Choice Female Artist' at the Teen Choice Awards. Her new single 'Trouble With Love Is', part of the soundtrack of Love Actually and perfectly embraces the spirit of the movie.

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Go Kelly, Go Kelly, Go Kelly...................

I'll be rooting for her!!

Of course not as much as Ryan
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Is this a show ? World Idol ?

Kelly Clarkson looks hot in the picture. And her voice is powerful !

can people vote, or do the judges make the decision on who wins?. If we can, I'll vote for Kelly!!!
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

People can vote - details to be released after the first show on 12/25.

FORT Newbie
    I'm expecting big things from Kelly. We never saw AI1 in NZ, so all I had ever heard of her were her performances on AI2 and her CD. I just downloaded her live performance of Natural Woman because I heard she was singing it for World Idol. Jeepers, if she sings like that then my man Guy Sebastian might have his work cut out!

I love that she can do the super high notes, but doesn't have to prove it all the time. She's a classy girl this one.

It'll be interesting to see how the Europeans and Arabs vote for Kelly.
    See if the old Eurovision tradition of politics and national prejudices affects voting.

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    Yay Kellbell!

FORT Fogey
    The thing is, only people from that country will be voting for that person. Sort of is a stupid idea if you ask me. Anyways... GO KELLY!

If I understand you right, no, you can vote for your own country. Americans can't vote for Kelly, Australians can't vote for Guy.

Each contestant gets an automatic 12 points from their own country. (Why bother? I don't know)
    Then your nation gives 10,9,8.... down to zero points depending on votes.
    So big nations like the USA affect the voting just as much as small ones. Which is fine by me, belonging to a small nation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast