+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Clarkson (representing the United States)

I thought her choice of outfit and song were both weak. She looked okay in her "gangster" look, but she's pretty--why hide hair? Also, whomever has been doing her makeup lately really loves that raccoon look. No need to use a Marks-a-lot for eye liner, in my view.

The song--she did fine with it overall. I agree with the yelling comment on the high ones. She does that--I think it's odd. She's a good singer; there's no need to over-extend. Regarding the choice, I wonder how the singers/competitors were restricted/guided in their choices. I guess that the song had to be a cover that would be recognized internationally, but why a Carole King song that really has been sung to death. Again, I say that Kelly did fine with it, but why not pick something more interesting or beautiful?

Quote Originally Posted by overthetop
    I thought her choice of outfit and song were both weak. She looked okay in her "gangster" look, but she's pretty--why hide hair? Also, whomever has been doing her makeup lately really loves that raccoon look. No need to use a Marks-a-lot for eye liner, in my view.

I would have preferred the outfit she wore when she sang the song during the AI1 competition--untucked man's shirt, pants, tie, fedora...

FORT Newbie

Did anyone agree with the "yelling on tone" comment?

Hi everyone

Let me first say that I generally like Kelly and think that she has a great voice. That being said, I kinda agree with the one judge (I think he was representing Canada), that she was "yelling on tone," or something to that effect. I had noticed the same thing during previous performances and at that performance as well.

Just my 2 cents...

Sorry, but I just need to post this:

Whenever I see Kelly, her nose always reminds me of a potato...

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck

I would have preferred the outfit she wore when she sang the song during the AI1 competition--untucked man's shirt, pants, tie, fedora...
    Loved that outfit. Not only was it appropriate because of the genre of her song, but also she gave the message she was a "natural woman" on the inside, refering to the "men" type clothes that I thought she looked stunning in.

Kelly is spectacular and one of the best singers I've heard. No one can deny that. With that said, I think that if anyone else gave that level of performance, we would all be raving about it. However, we all know what Kelly is capable of and have super high expectations for her. It was an amazing performance, but I agree, not her best. I still hope she wins this thing because she more than deserves it.
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

I personally think she over-does her ability to sing.. sure she has a God-given talent, and anyone would kill to have that talent... but i worry about her sometimes... she might lose her voice at an early age if she keeps this up... jmo
    Last edited by acclyaimed4; 12-31-2003 at 08:25 PM.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I wished she had have been able to do a good performance of "Trouble with Love". I think she could have blown everyone else out of the water.
    That's the nature of Idol though , a so-so night can kill you.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I wished she had have been able to do a good performance of "Trouble with Love". I think she could have blown everyone else out of the water.
    That's the nature of Idol though , a so-so night can kill you.
    If she was going to do something off her album, I would rather Anytime. I love that song so very much.

I think Natural Woman was a good song for her, it just didn't come off as well as it could have. She showed her class, but didn't blow everyone away, and I don't think song choice was a part of it.

The super high note would have been cool, but if she wasn't feeling ready for it i'm glad she dropped it because missing that would have been horrible! Not even simon could have defended an out of tune scream that high!

overthetop: I'm also getting tired of all the black outfits and raccoon eyes. But this was probably the best she's looked in a long time, so be happy. I want to see some more colorful outfits and a more playful look because she looks so much better like that rather then in those black pant suits.

I think she's sang Natural Woman better in the past, but really- she has nothing to prove at this World Idol thing, she already IS a world idol. like the guy from Norway said- there were commericals for "Thankful" airing during WI... I will be shocked if Kelly doesn't win.

Next stop: Grammies

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast