+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Clarkson (representing the United States)

Anyone one else hoping Kelly doesn't win?

She just seems like the obvious winner. Like the whole World Idol was planned so that she could be marketed outside of the US/Canada...She has a good voice, but she was boring--her personality and song choice...just my opinion, you don't have to agree...

I will be surprised if Kelly does win because of how people use other reasons to vote for people not just on their talent. But i think it was a good song choice for her type of singing and I think she has great personality and a good presence when she sings.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Newbie
    I think Kelly has an amazing voice, but her performance was kinda boring.
    I don't think she should win World Idol, because she wasn't that special, and her performance was average and not very good.

I think it will be close between Kelly and Kurt, and I wouldn't be surprise to see Kurt win. That being said, I have to agree with something the Australian judge said in his critique of Kelly's performance. Of all the people on the stage, I think Kelly is probably the one who needs to win the competition the least.

I think her look and choice of song was right on. As much as I really enjoy her voice/singing, I don't always go for the (I don't know the musical/tech. term for it) when she fluctuated her voice at the end. I wasn't sure how she was going to do against the others but, if I could have voted for her, I would have. I like it when a person "portrays" a song for the power, sadness, etc. that it is about. Kelly!

i thought kelly did a great job. i think she and kurt were the best performers, with guy coming in third. i'm glad she didn't go for the high note like she did in AI1 - i worried that she'd miss it, so i was able to relax when i heard her go low.

i didn't think she was boring at all as some have mentioned, but maybe i'm just biased.

that being said, i thought the canadian judge was unreasonably harsh in his critique of her, bringing her almost to the point of tears.

FORT Fanatic
    "Natural Woman" fits Kelly so well, showing her sexy attitude at the same time belt it out in the league of Aretha herself. She's sung it on the AI1 show, on the AI1 finale, on tour, and now. It'd be awesome if she officially recorded a cover of that song to release. It's so trademark, it'd be a song she will always be remembered by.

FORT Newbie

Kelly favored out in Norway!

In Norway, (where I am from, so excuse my English.) they showed commercials of Kelly Clarkson’s new album all the time during the breaks of the show. I think this will be a huge advantage for her, and very unfair to the other competitors. Because now we got to here her perform three other world hits of hers, in-between the other contestants! What do you think about this? Is it favoring? Do not be surprised if Ms Yelly get the top score from Norway! Do not get me wrong, she will probably win anyway…(I really enjoyed her performance!).

And of course I am hoping Kurt will win. I feel really sorry for all of you who have not got the opportunity to listen to him more. He has just an unbelievably amazing voice!!! So really hope the world would give our little hobbit a chance! (And I might add that it seems you agree with me regarding Kurt, right?)

FORT Newbie

Kelly Kurt and guy

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i thought kelly did a great job. i think she and kurt were the best performers, with guy coming in third. i'm glad she didn't go for the high note like she did in AI1 - i worried that she'd miss it, so i was able to relax when i heard her go low.

i didn't think she was boring at all as some have mentioned, but maybe i'm just biased.

that being said, i thought the canadian judge was unreasonably harsh in his critique of her, bringing her almost to the point of tears.
    You think the judges was too critical to kelly???
    I really must diasgree with you, the judges weren`t at all critical to her, in fact I think she was the only one in the show that actually got constructive critisism.that being said i really must say that I think kelly might win this whole thing, not because she being the racehorse as Simon Cowell said, bus because she got such a well known name from before, and lots of fans all over the world..A real pity though, because in my opinion Kurt and Guy had more voice power than already world known Kelly Clarkson.
    I`m not saying that Kelly clarkson doesn`t deserve to win, I`m just saying that there are other of the contestants that could "need" the title more as kelly almost being a World Idol from before.
    best wishes
    Snowwhite
    Ps: Sorry about my english!

IMO, the title should go to whomever sang and gave the best performance on that night. The votes should not be based on who is better known or who needs it the most.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast