+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American Juniors Single Debuts at No. 8

FORT Regular

American Juniors Single Debuts at No. 8

Here's some news from Reality TV World:

The American Juniors group has been formed. Now it's time to see what they've got. Nielsen SoundScan reports that the initial American Juniors' Jive Records release, "One Step Closer," debuted in 8th place on the U.S. Singles Sales chart for the week ended August 17.

"One Step Closer" was an enormous British hit for the British kids' group S Club 8, who are also managed by American Juniors (and American Idol) creator Simon Fuller. Whether the American Juniors can match the success of their British brethren with this tune will go a long way toward determining whether this fall's upcoming American Juniors 2 on Fox will be part of a continuing series or the end of the line for the concept.

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruceeisner
    Here's some news from Reality TV World:

The American Juniors group has been formed. Now it's time to see what they've got. Nielsen SoundScan reports that the initial American Juniors' Jive Records release, "One Step Closer," debuted in 8th place on the U.S. Singles Sales chart for the week ended August 17.

"One Step Closer" was an enormous British hit for the British kids' group S Club 8, who are also managed by American Juniors (and American Idol) creator Simon Fuller. Whether the American Juniors can match the success of their British brethren with this tune will go a long way toward determining whether this fall's upcoming American Juniors 2 on Fox will be part of a continuing series or the end of the line for the concept.
    NUMBER 8!!!
    i didnt think it would do that well

anyways, it mentions S Club 8. not many people in the us and canada know about them
    i think s club 8 shouldnt come to the U.S. because the aj's would fail if people knew they were a cover band
    jmo
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

wow, that's pretty good!! i'm happy for them all.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Wow.. I wonder how many of those singles were bought by the record company though........
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

FORT Fanatic
    They sold a lot of CDs (they're high on Amazon.com as well, but they should be since AJMusic.com links to that site) - but I doubt they'll do well on the Billboard chart based on airplay. Like I said, had You're The One come out first, it could've been played on top forty stations, since it sounds a lot less kid-like.

ahh that is good. i dont think s club 8 would go to america because they wouldnt have done very well. so simon fuller created an american version who could conquer america and do well!! just a thought

FORT Newbie
    No.8 seems pretty good. I wonder if the record company is happy with it.

To many other made on TV groups have been promised fame and then cast aside as soon as possible (Eden's Crush, OTown, Scene23). American Idol seems to have a better track record as they are still helping to promote their winners, and even the runners up, so there is hope at least.

Chantel and Ruben Rock!!! rubenfan22's Avatar
    I didn't think they would be that good!

+ Reply to Thread