+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea For New Voting Format

FORT Newbie

Idea For New Voting Format

After watching the group and seeing how things don't seem that great with who was chosen and how things are set up i came up with my idea with how to change the voting and possibly make a better group for next time.

First off they need to have different categories voted on not just voices because you need a lot more then just decent singers when making up a group. The format they have is great when chosing just 1 person but not for a group.

The categories i would have which in my opinion are needed for a group setting are but not in any important order:
    1. Personality(Charisma)
    2. Stage Presence
    3. Dancing
    4. Voice
    5. Group Appearence

In order for a group to be successful i believe you need all 5 of them things and this is why.
    1a. A few ppl in the group have to be able to bring positive attention to themselves besides ppl saying, "boy can she/he sing" because that only goes so far.
    2a. Your performance on stage has to make ppl wanna keep watching and if you don't look like your having fun its not gonna happen.
    3a. You gotta be able to move if your going to be a pop group.
    4a. Needless to say you have to be able to sing pretty well and the vpoices have to be able to blend together.
    5a. The ppl chosen have to look like they blend together, you can't just throw 5 voices together and hope they fit and look well together.

All 10 finalists have to perform each week so everyone can tell if they are as strong later on as they were to start with and set up having groups of them sing together to give the audience a change to get an idea of who looks god together and sounds good together.
    Voting is done each week the same way but they keep adding up the votes to carry over until the final week until the 7, yes 7 group members are chosen. 5 voices is not strong enough at this young an age.

Well that would be my idea of how to get things better.

Skyler

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Things I agree with your reasons why, but i don't agree on this:
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh
    Voting is done each week the same way but they keep adding up the votes to carry over until the final week until the 7, yes 7 group members are chosen. 5 voices is not strong enough at this young an age.
    As you can tell by the concert special, the group sounds great together.
    Yes, they were lip - syncing, but they will be recorded on CD's.

I also agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh
    All 10 finalists have to perform each week so everyone can tell if they are as strong later on as they were to start with and set up having groups of them sing together to give the audience a change to get an idea of who looks god together and sounds good together.
    that would work very well
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

FORT Fanatic
    I'm still failing to see why no one feels five doesn't work. Is it that they really think a larger group will sound better..OR..is it that they're mad one of their favorites didn't get in and think this is a way to end that.

FORT Regular
    Great ideas! I hope the people at FOX tune in here. I love the idea of waiting until the last show to do any eliminations. Also, it should not be left up to America to decide which 10 initially gets to move on from the semi finals to the finals. The judges should earn their keep by being responsible for the first big cut. After all they are the only ones who have had the benefit of seeing more than 1:15 of them performing. Once you have the top 10 give it to America.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    I'm still failing to see why no one feels five doesn't work. Is it that they really think a larger group will sound better..OR..is it that they're mad one of their favorites didn't get in and think this is a way to end that.
    They sounded ok but the only person who has a real powerful voice is Lucy. I think i said 7 based on this group because only having 1 powerful voice in that group. If your going with a majority of ppl whose voices aren't really that powerful then yes i do believe you need the 2 added voices. My opinion has nothing to do with ppl i wanted not in the group. If that was true i'd say they needed 8 members because only 2 i wanted made it..lol

Chantel and Ruben Rock!!! rubenfan22's Avatar
    I think you should be able to vote once online.

+ Reply to Thread