+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Idea Of How To Re-Promote The American Juniors

FORT Fanatic

An Idea Of How To Re-Promote The American Juniors

Okay, basically, there were two ways FOX and 19E would go with this at the start - a kids pop group or a mainstream pop group that didn't expect any special treatment as opposed to much older performers.

Obviously, this got limited when people like Taylor, Chauncey, and Tori got in because they don't have the voices (yet anyway) to be respected as an adult group.

However, they're not doing enough with the kids thing. They're giving them very dry songs that make them sound like The Brady Bunch. It doesn't make for bad television - but the show is over now. You're not going to market songs like Reach For The Stars, as airplay is how you promote songs - and that song isn't meant for the radio. Plus, the fact that their kids, is not going to endear them to MTV, so they need a distinction.

Since FOX and 19E have decided to go the "kids" group method, they either have to really shove them down the throats of parents and kids alike - meaning have them appear all over Nickelodeon (they let just about any type of celebrity have tons of airtime), let them host the FOX Saturday morning cartoons block, etc so that they hit that kids market.

Of course, they still don't have the songs. Well, here's my opinion - promote them as "amazing prodigies who are more talented than singers twice their age". Don't promote them JUST as a kids group because their songs are not catchy enough. Instead, add a little variation to it - try and build them into kids who are superbly talented.

Since One Step Closer is already out, that kind of hurts the image. But, since the promotional push really hasn't started too well - my opinion is to release 'You're The One' as the group's first single. I got the idea from Christina Aguilera's record label marketing Genie In A Bottle before songs that better showcased her voice, so that they'd hit the "dance & pop markets" first. You're The One is a VERY good song to market in the US pop market.

You then put out "Have You Ever". It's going to build a lot of focus on Lucy - but they're going to need that. If there is legit fear about that, they could always cut some of Lucy's parts in You're The One, to show that she's not being favored or the only real talent in the group. Also, let the others have a litte bit in Have You Ever, even if it's just a word or two in the background. This gets them attention on their voice.

The last step in this base plan would be Never Had A Dream Come True. Lucy does need to be given a little in this song as Danielle has some trouble at some points - but it should be Danielle's song, just so they show that they're pushing everyone. Obviously, the fact that they covered a hit song well would give them credibility.

From there, the sky's the limit. The Thompsons could probably lead a fourth single, which would be more of a pop oriented song.

There are some holes right now - as to how you'd make everyone appear as an equal in the group on each song - but I generally think this idea would be better for the group than what 19E is actually doing.

Danielle and Katelyn fan BeautifulSoul's Avatar
    I agree with a lot of what you said. I think a lot of people just want this group to carry home atleast a bit of success before its all over. I wonder what 19E REALLY has planned for these kids tho.
    Why do birds suddenly appear? Everytime, you are near. Just like me, they long to be close to yooooooooooou-----YEAAAAH!! Danielle you're #1!! Woooo!

FORT Newbie
    Well, You Are The One probably would be a lot more marketable than One Step Closer. I definitely think they need to saturate the market as much as they can while they still have what little momentum they have from the show. They should try to get a push on Disney as well as Nickelodeon. Radio Disney definitely needs to play their songs. Disney Channel...well at this point, the channel serves only to promote itself, so without a tie to Disney, I guess there's not much hope there. I don't know if the Saturday morning stuff still has much of an audience, but any promotion is good.

I wonder if it's in Ryan's power to play their songs over and over again...it was definitely to their advantage to have someone play the single for the first time.

They need to make the push ASAP. The problem though is that the kids need time to gel and get their feet under them. Otherwise, the whole thing will fail anyway. I don't really expect the group to go very far...I just hope it'll be a good experience for them all.

FORT Fanatic
    Well, they also really need to refine their dancing a little and also learn how to do better interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Good ideas in this thread.

I think they should do an American Idol tour, with Clay, Ruben and Kelly Clarkson as the headliners and have the American Juniors open the show. That could at least give the group some staying power and a good way to push their album when it comes out.

I wish I knew more about this so called "tour"

I mean, I wonder if these kids can pull this all off in a year's time. Obviously, they can't tour without promotion, they cant promote without something TO promote (a CD with just the 5 of them and perhaps something other than S Club covers would be nice), and they cant do appearances on tv or in malls without touching and polishing everything up. Now that takes A LOT of time. I mean, it looks as tho Fox and 19E are basically giving these kids 1 year to prove themselves. I think they can do it tho, they've only been a group for a week and they can perform better than most teen pop groups that have been together months.

I like your prodigy idea, YeahYeah, but again, making these kids seem like above your average showbiz kids is going to be tough. I mean, they CAN be, but not when they are singing bloody S CLub covers. It would be nice if they could give Lucy and Danielle something that would show off their vocal talents. Lucy is an awesome singer, but when she sings the sugary pop songs, it almost sounds like she is over singing and it doesn't compliment her voice too much. Danielle is also an amazing singer, but again, sugary pop songs dont do much for her. I like the fact that Lucy and Danielle are totally different vocal strengths and having them sing songs to their ability would broaden the the range of songs they can promote. If they were given a few pop songs with that sort of RnB feel to it, Chauncey could totally shine through singing them. And the sisters could lead in sugary songs (they sing those well) and if you put everything together, you have an AWESOME well rounded group.

Geez, America---you have the goods. I just hope the management is able to use these kids properly. It could help both sides if they do. The reality is, the life of this group always depended on America. You got to chose and you can just as easily pull the plug. This is America's group. America should feed and take care of these kids by giving them the publicity and attention they deserve.
    Why do birds suddenly appear? Everytime, you are near. Just like me, they long to be close to yooooooooooou-----YEAAAAH!! Danielle you're #1!! Woooo!

FORT Fanatic
    Things like the Ruben/Chauncey deal could work, if taken seriously.

I mean, if 19E wanted to take the risk, they could do like a duet album or something with the top five or six from the first two AI seasons and the five American Juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Things like the Ruben/Chauncey deal could work, if taken seriously.

I mean, if 19E wanted to take the risk, they could do like a duet album or something with the top five or six from the first two AI seasons and the five American Juniors.
    A Kelly/Lucy deal wouldn't be bad either. In all honestly tho, I dont think 19E and Fox really take these kids seriously.

FORT Regular
    Really the only way to make the group work would be to add people. They did it with SClubJuniors. It would seem silly to try to stick to their original plan at all costs.

I hate opening up Pandora's box and say that the quickest solution would be to add Jordon and AJ back in. Others may disagree of course and say other ones but they have the most personality.

The group needs someone with personality. There is nobody home on that account. AJ and Jordon had the most.

They could also maybe add someone else -- an outside person that they know about. Or even make AJ2 about finding the sixth person. Why can't they get creative -- they risk dumping a bunch of money for nothing when they can change the course of the group's fate.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bruceeisner

They could also maybe add someone else -- an outside person that they know about. Or even make AJ2 about finding the sixth person. Why can't they get creative -- they risk dumping a bunch of money for nothing when they can change the course of the group's fate.

Bruce
    I would have to agree. The group has good singers. But they are on the boring side. Not even Tori and Taylor have that charismatic power that I thought they would bring to the group. If they have an AJ2, they should just join the members of both together. I was thinking about that. But then it seems pointless to have shafted the others from the first AJ.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast