+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Have Your Opinions Changed Of Each Junior?

FORT Fanatic

How Have Your Opinions Changed Of Each Junior?

You can talk about anyone you like (that obviously got somewhat far, since this is about them developing) but I left a few out I didn't have too distinct an opinion of. Keep in mind I only glanced at the semi-finals, didn't watch the auditions, and started watching full-fledge with the first week of finals.

Danielle: At the beginning, I thought she was a GREAT singer who was likely to fall short of making the group, undeservingly. However, between the fact that she bombed (I don't care what anyone else says, SClub7 is not any ideal vocal group and they did the song better - obviously it's their song, but Danielle should've done a lot more with it) Never Had A Dream Come True, and has done poorly in these group performances, I really feel she didn't deserve to get in. Her voice is not strong enough, and she's not a very good dancer. Plus, she doesn't really have a stand-out look either (that has nothing to do with voting for her - and never affected my opinion during the show - but the series is over now so I can say what I want ). To be a pop singer, your voice HAS to have some sort of power and versatility. She can sing a killer ballad or slower song (although again, her voice is too soft and timid, it needs to get stronger and have more attitude), but she hasn't shown she's ready for pop. Her voice doesn't suit it. Take a voice like Lucy's, which has been applied to so many types of songs and has done fine. To a lesser degree, same with AJ. Even Taylor, to a degree, has been able to show SOME versatility and is more suitable for the songs they're doing. Danielle did not belong in the group.

Taylor: At first I thought she was obnoxious and very overrated. And while I still think so, I realize how important her dancing is for this group and she deserved to get in. She's the only one who truly looks comfortable, while also calm and professional on stage. Lucy looks like a performer, but doesn't have her dancing down as smoothly; pretty much the same for Danielle. Chauncey...well..yeah. And, Tori just looks too young and immature on-stage to have a killer presence. I didn't vote for Taylor because I assumed that the songs would be custom-fitted for the group. I didn't realize that they'd be forced into singing all these SClub songs that really are not right for the whole group. But, they're right for Taylor and I have a lot of respect for her now.

Tori: Not sure whether it's the fame or the fact that she's with other kids in a group, but she seemed so mature for a nine-year old early on, now seems out of place and lost. She is definitely the worst when it comes to following choreography, and makes weird facial expressions. Her voice is decent enough for the group (obviously not as good as some of the others who didn't make it). She's not near as right for this group as Taylor is.

AJ: At first, I felt that his so-called "looks" were being mistaken for singing talent. However, his last few performances really showed me why he'd be perfect for the group, and that he has a really good voice. The only two in the group who belonged in ahead of AJ were Taylor and Lucy.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    You can talk about anyone you like (that obviously got somewhat far, since this is about them developing) but I left a few out I didn't have too distinct an opinion of. Keep in mind I only glanced at the semi-finals, didn't watch the auditions, and started watching full-fledge with the first week of finals.

Danielle: At the beginning, I thought she was a GREAT singer who was likely to fall short of making the group, undeservingly. However, between the fact that she bombed (I don't care what anyone else says, SClub7 is not any ideal vocal group and they did the song better - obviously it's their song, but Danielle should've done a lot more with it) Never Had A Dream Come True, and has done poorly in these group performances, I really feel she didn't deserve to get in. Her voice is not strong enough, and she's not a very good dancer. Plus, she doesn't really have a stand-out look either (that has nothing to do with voting for her - and never affected my opinion during the show - but the series is over now so I can say what I want ). To be a pop singer, your voice HAS to have some sort of power and versatility. She can sing a killer ballad or slower song (although again, her voice is too soft and timid, it needs to get stronger and have more attitude), but she hasn't shown she's ready for pop. Her voice doesn't suit it. Take a voice like Lucy's, which has been applied to so many types of songs and has done fine. To a lesser degree, same with AJ. Even Taylor, to a degree, has been able to show SOME versatility and is more suitable for the songs they're doing. Danielle did not belong in the group.

Taylor: At first I thought she was obnoxious and very overrated. And while I still think so, I realize how important her dancing is for this group and she deserved to get in. She's the only one who truly looks comfortable, while also calm and professional on stage. Lucy looks like a performer, but doesn't have her dancing down as smoothly; pretty much the same for Danielle. Chauncey...well..yeah. And, Tori just looks too young and immature on-stage to have a killer presence. I didn't vote for Taylor because I assumed that the songs would be custom-fitted for the group. I didn't realize that they'd be forced into singing all these SClub songs that really are not right for the whole group. But, they're right for Taylor and I have a lot of respect for her now.

Tori: Not sure whether it's the fame or the fact that she's with other kids in a group, but she seemed so mature for a nine-year old early on, now seems out of place and lost. She is definitely the worst when it comes to following choreography, and makes weird facial expressions. Her voice is decent enough for the group (obviously not as good as some of the others who didn't make it). She's not near as right for this group as Taylor is.

AJ: At first, I felt that his so-called "looks" were being mistaken for singing talent. However, his last few performances really showed me why he'd be perfect for the group, and that he has a really good voice. The only two in the group who belonged in ahead of AJ were Taylor and Lucy.
    You've been putting down Danielle quite consistantly for awhile now. I think she had a cold the last couple of weeks. Still ..

She, like Lucy can sing. The others can a bit but not as much. She is just starting out -- she just starting publicly performing a year ago. She has the basic equiptement and can learn to be a pop star if that's the direction she wants to go. After all, she is in fifth grade. Fifth grade!! Imagine what she will be like when she enters junior high in two years.

Danielle has aquired quite a following. Perhaps this might indicate to you that you are a minority opinion on her and usually the people who are liked by the masses sell records.

Tori, I agree with your comments completely.

FORT Regular
    <b>Danielle</b> - My favorite when I first started watching the show (week two of the finals), and still my favorite. Her voice is the only one that could get me to buy anything. Unfortunatly, her voice is not suited to pop (I don't listen to pop anyway :p). She needs to be singing ballads or mellow pieces (i.e. Daydream Believer) for her voice to really shine through. As for her dancing, shes not bad at all. Certainly leagues ahead of Lucy and Chantel. Oh, and NHADCT is getting very old. I want something new!

<b>Jordan</b> - At first I didn't like her all that much, as her singing was never very good compared to the others. But over the next few weeks her personality and performing prowess really got to me. I like her a lot now, but know that she did not deserve to win a contest based on singing.

<b>Lucy</b> - I got a bad first impression of her. I could admit her singing was spectacular, but I didn't like her at all. Call Me changed that for some reason. She has a fantastic pop voice, which the group really needs, even if she can't dance.

<b>Taylor</b> - At first I really didn't like either Thompson. I still don't like Tori. But Taylor has been steadily growing on me. Shes a great performer, a great dancer, and I like her voice.

<b>AJ</b> - At first I thought he was riding his wannabe pretty boy nature through this competition. But weeks four and five showed me that he really can sing and perform well.

Everyone else has stayed the same in my mind. I've always liked Morgan, have always disliked Tori and Chantel, and have never wasted a thought either way on Katelyn or Chauncey.

I have to agree with pretty much every syllable Yeah Yeah said with one obvious exception- Danielle "deserved" to get in because she sucked it up and got the votes when she needed to. It very much was a bad thing for the group when it happened but that's not her fault, she got people to dial the right number and that's something AJ and Chantel couldn't. I wonder if Tori's parents will realize how lost Tori is out there (especially since they NEVER let her sing) and mercifully pull her from the group, every week she seems less and less able to perform (Chauncey does to but that another matter).
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

Tori - At first I thought she was very overated, but watching her Let er' Rip performance and her video's over the last few weeks, I realised she wasnt all bad

Taylor - I always thought she was a little cuttie sweetheart with a good voice. Well I still think she has a very good voice, but I have begun to think that she is very concided, which is fine for someone like Brett Farve but not for an 11 yeard old girl.

Jordan - For the first few weeks I thought she was another contestant with a so so voice. But ever since her ABC performance shes been one of my favorites. Who can deny how cute she is? shes such a sweetie.
    But digging Canyon Gorve? CUMMON!!!
    (My beautiful Avatar is a picture of me!!)

Danielle and Katelyn fan BeautifulSoul's Avatar
    I think my opinion about Danielle has changed only to the extent that in the beginning I overlooked her singing because she was a bit on the "boring" and "plain" side. I mean, I thought she was one of the best singers by far after she sang Close To You, but I never thought she had the power to attract voters like AJ or Chantel.

Tori and Taylor are less annoying now I suppose.

But as for Chauncey and Danielle's singing. I agree that they sound great by themselves. But teen pop isn't for them. This isn't a bad thing. Anyone can sing teen pop afterall.
    Why do birds suddenly appear? Everytime, you are near. Just like me, they long to be close to yooooooooooou-----YEAAAAH!! Danielle you're #1!! Woooo!

Danielle~I loved her from the very beginning (just like Deborah! ha ha) but I think she really isn't that versatile. She is awesome at ballads and can do mid tempo songs (i.e. daydream believer, good morning starshine), but give her something really upbeat (Bring it all back) and she kinda looks like a fish out of water. Her dancing skills are average (better then everyone in the group except Taylor though). She does seem to have a nice range, but any note she sings is kinda weak. I think eventually she'll be able to grow into an exceptional singer, but right now she should wait a couple more years and work on power. She is still one of my favorites though, She's a cutie.

Tori~When Tori sang "Let 'er Rip" I was amazed because she was absolutely awesome, but that was it. Anything else she ever sang, in my opinion, just was average. She is better than most 9 year olds, but she's so mechanical and rehearsed (probably from pageants) and she looks really funny in the group because she's too young. I think it will be hard for her and Taylor to get thier own identities too. I think Tori should wait a few years before trying to sing again. Still, I think Tori is talented, just not old enough.

Taylor~I started out liking Taylor, just not anymore or less than the others. I thought she was average for singing, but her dancing is great. She was the best dancer in the competition (along with Jordan) and remains so. Like I said about Tori, they will have a hard time overcoming the "Sisters" thing. I think that Taylor would probably do a lot better WITHOUT Tori in the group because she wouldn't have to worry that her sister is taking the spotlight. Taylor has a unique voice and the more I hear it the more I like it. I guess I do like Taylor better now than I did before. When she got in she looked a little too smug, but I guess I would be too if I beat my more popular sister for the first spot. I think Taylor is great in the group.

Lucy~Lucy is just too old for the group and definitely too good for the group. She looks so awkward running around and dancing with young kids, especially a 9 year old. I figure Tori to be in 4th grade and Lucy to be a freshman. When i was a freshman I didn't go hanging around with 9 year olds. Thats jsut weird. But Lucy deserved to win something because she rocked the competition. It's just too bad that she couldn't be in a group with like the other 4 oldest and put the 5 youngest together. If she had to be in a group. I'd love to see her solo in about 5 years. Then we she wears what she's wearing now it'll fit her age better:-) I think Lucy is an amazing singer at 14 years old. Imagine in 10 years!!

Chauncey~Chauncey is cute and has a nice little voice (a little nasal, sounds like he's always sick) and he's definitely a charmer. If there was another guy in the group he'd fit in better. I think that he is so adorable. I started out loving him because of his smile. He was always smiling. I still like chauncey and he works well with Taylor and Tori.

finalists:
    Katleyn: I think Katelyn is beautiful and looks like such a sweet girl. She has a beautiful voice that has a lot of potential with proper training and more experience. I felt bad that she and jordan and morgan never got to make the top three. The three of them went out crying because they never even got to get in the top three, that must have hurt a lot because all three had their moments where they rocked. I loved katelyn's "on the radio" and she defintely won most improved in my books.

morgan~Morgan started out really annoying me but he grew on me after awhile, the more he settled down. The kid has talent and I think that in a few years he will defintely be doing something, probably theater or broadway (with danielle!)

jordan~Jordan is a cutie and didn't get the respect she deserved for her talent. Yeah, her voice isn't that strong, but she has such a nice, very sweet and small, but noticable, vibrato on certain notes (could hear it on "more today than yesterday") and she has so much personality and she can dance very well and seemed to mesh well with everyone (except maybe lucy for voice). I expect the same as with all the kids, given time, she could be awesome. I like jordan and always have been pulling for her.

Chantel~Chantel is another tori to me. she sang that one great song and pretty much sucked from there on. She is a beautiful girl with power, just not the talent for pitch and consistancy. I also think that if given better songs (same with jordan actually) she would have gone a lot farther and would be in the group (so lucy wouldn't look so funny!) I did enjoy how she smiled all the time and when danielle won, chantel looked genuinely happy for her. I was impressed with her sportsmanship.

AJ~AJ has talent, but his voice is weak and pitchy. He's a cutie and can work the stage. Good performer. Just not good enough YET. I think he could really wow people (maybe better than justin timberlake that for some reason people love) when he is in his late teens. I like AJ though. Funny kid.

FORT Fan
    1. Danielle White- I've always LOVED Danielle. I'm in dissagreement with many of you, however. Ballads are her strong point, yes, but was I the only one that really liked "The Locomotion?" I thought it was cute, and was better sung than some of the other contestants fast songs. I think the fact that she can sing ballads BETTER than fast songs hurt her.

2. Chantel Kohl- I liked her at first. Now, I just don't...

3. A.J. Melendez- I've never been a big A.J. fan, but after "Alive" I'll admit he desrved to be there. He's ego's just too much for me to handle.
    *Official Keeper of Katelyn's Southern Charm, Danielle's Giggles, & Jordan's Charisma.
    *Unofficial Keeper of Taylor's Dance Moves, Tori's Outifts, Lucy's Vocal Ability, Chauncey's Smile, & Morgan's Talent.
    *Unofficial Semi Keeper of Canyon's Hair & Tyler's Personality.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GroveingIt
    1. Danielle White- I've always LOVED Danielle. I'm in dissagreement with many of you, however. Ballads are her strong point, yes, but was I the only one that really liked "The Locomotion?" I thought it was cute, and was better sung than some of the other contestants fast songs. I think the fact that she can sing ballads BETTER than fast songs hurt her.

2. Chantel Kohl- I liked her at first. Now, I just don't...

3. A.J. Melendez- I've never been a big A.J. fan, but after "Alive" I'll admit he desrved to be there. He's ego's just too much for me to handle.
    You read my mind! I couldn't agree more! Danielle really DID do well in Locomotion... She's just even better at ballads, so Locomotion didn't look AS good. But if you watch it, her dancing his BANG on, she has great timing. It's just, well, a bad dance... Chantel... Yeah, really.. I liked her, but she just lost whatever hse had for me. I liked AJ, but I'm not sure how I feel anymore. I loved ALive though... Very well done!

this is going to be a long post, i will post later when I have time to type it all
    'Some things in life are meant to be and if it is you will know' ~ Alex Rodriguez

Katelyn Tarver, Danielle White, Lucy Hale, Taylor Thompson, A.J. Melendez are my American Juniors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast