+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Were The Music Videos So Low-Quality?

Quote Originally Posted by superchris
    I see what you're saying YeahYeah. I just don't think they are trying to make the videos look bad. It seems more like FOX doesn't want to put a lot of money into making professional looking videos, because there is really no point. The only place these videos were going to be shown was on this television special, so they probably feel it would be a waste of money to make a high quality video.

I doubt MTV will show American Junior's videos no matter how good they are.

Very good points. And a big LOL to Chauncey flying, that was so bad that I couldn't stop laughing! Though Ruben's head on Mt. Rushmore was a laugh-fest, too.

What bugs me is how Ryan makes cracks at the videos, stuff like "I can see that video winning an MTV award!" Who is he kidding? It sounds like sarcasm in it's most basic form and I wonder if the kids see it as sarcasm. They seem embarrassed enough, the last thing they need is Ryan rubbing it in.

Danielle and Katelyn fan BeautifulSoul's Avatar
    I can only think of one place that would play American Juniors videos and be appreciated. And that's CANADA! And those of you who are Canadian will know what I mean when I say: YTV'S HIT LIST

I don't think America really gives teeny bopper pop a chance. I mean most American pop bands go to Europe first to get publicity, then Canada for some reason, then come back home to see if they can do the same. These AJs could find successes in some European countries I think like Germany and Sweden. But they'd be a laughing stock in the UK.
    Why do birds suddenly appear? Everytime, you are near. Just like me, they long to be close to yooooooooooou-----YEAAAAH!! Danielle you're #1!! Woooo!

the videos were ok but in the chauncey and ruben duet one what was chauncey doing like he was actin all weird in some of the parts i mean i like chauncey and all but i didnt know what he was doing
    "You and I must make a pact we must bring salvation back where there is love I'll be there" - Jackson 5

#1 AJ MELENDEZ LOVER!! Aj & clay baby's Avatar
    Okay!!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulSoul
    I don't think America really gives teeny bopper pop a chance. I mean most American pop bands go to Europe first to get publicity, then Canada for some reason, then come back home to see if they can do the same.

This is a really good point. For some reason a lot of Americans act like they aren't allowed to enjoy pop music unless they are 10 years old. Even very talented groups like N'Sync are looked as a joke by much of the country. Even here in these forums we already have people posting about how "funny" it will be if this group doesn't make it.

It seems like way to many Americans spend too much time trying to fit into a certain "click" rather then simply listening to whatever music is good and supporting who ever has talent.

Another thing is that dancing isn't really appreciated as much as it should be here in the U.S. An amazing dance group will be considered far less talented then a group that plays their own instruments, even if they are just hitting the same three cords on a guitar.

It also doesn't help that we have TV personalities like Carson Daily introducing Pop music on TRL and then bashing boy bands on his late night show. Forget the fact that Pop bands made Carson's career, as soon as he gets the chance he tries to distance himself from it all. Can you blame him? Unless he gets away form the pop image he won't be taken seriously by the majority of the country. It's sad.

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superchris
    This is a really good point. For some reason a lot of Americans act like they aren't allowed to enjoy pop music unless they are 10 years old. Even very talented groups like N'Sync are looked as a joke by much of the country. Even here in these forums we already have people posting about how "funny" it will be if this group doesn't make it.

It seems like way to many Americans spend too much time trying to fit into a certain "click" rather then simply listening to whatever music is good and supporting who ever has talent.

Another thing is that dancing isn't really appreciated as much as it should be here in the U.S. An amazing dance group will be considered far less talented then a group that plays their own instruments, even if they are just hitting the same three cords on a guitar.

It also doesn't help that we have TV personalities like Carson Daily introducing Pop music on TRL and then bashing boy bands on his late night show. Forget the fact that Pop bands made Carson's career, as soon as he gets the chance he tries to distance himself from it all. Can you blame him? Unless he gets away form the pop image he won't be taken seriously by the majority of the country. It's sad.
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123