+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

8/19 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only until after midnight Eastern. Posts in other threads which contain ANY reference to tonight's show will be deleted without notice, per our standard policy.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

What? No one spoiled it yet?! Bye, Toya!

FORT Newbie
    I think it's because many people have given up the show after tonight.

Well, I had pressing issues to take care of, so I missed the second half of the show.

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned.

I thought she was safe so I spent all my votes on Billy.

Gonna have to stay up a bit and watch the show on the west coast feeds. What did the judges say?

FORT Newbie
    When asked for comments on the bottom three (Gary, Toya, Audrey), they all expressed surprise, but it seemed as though none of them really thought Toya would be leaving. Their expressions after it was revealed were all jaw-droppers - they were shocked. Farley got up and looked like he was going to walk out, he was so dismayed.

FORT Newbie
    The more I think about it, the more I'm certain the Idol process just doesn't work in Canada. Fact is, we're not all star-struck wanna-be's like many Americans. Some of us watch this show, but how many really care enough to vote? (Please don't say "ME!" - obviously anyone on these boards cares more than the average viewer.)

It has been mentioned before that the metropolitan areas are not voting. The small regions are supporting their contestants, maybe the disenchanted city viewers just don't give a damn.

To get votes, you have to develop a fan base - aside from the judges. While Toya had a great voice, she didn't have much personality, and I think this was why people didn't vote for her. Like Miss Filangi spending votes on Billy, I'm sure everyone just assumed she was safe, and instead voting for someone they really like (who has personality), rather than someone who they think is deserving.

Well, I'm stunned. I voted a few times for Toya, but did spend most of my time voting for Jenny...

I can't believe it. Wow.

Toya is gone???
    Gary's still there???
    This is why I don't vote anymore!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I just voted for who I wanted to win. I guess thats wrong eh?
    There is no way Toya should be gone , with Audrey and Jenny still standing .

FORT Regular
    I also assumed Toya was safe,so I voted for mostly Billy When Ben announced the top 3,I wanted Gary gone,but right after that he announced that he was safe! There goes my plan....I really hope this isn't the end of Toya though.

Just for the record,I'm giving up on this show,since Jenny's the obvious winner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast