+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winners or the losers??

Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    Who do you personally think would make the better group in your opinion if you had to choose one:

The winners: Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Danielle, Lucy
    OR
    The losers: AJ, Morgan, Katelyn, Chantal, Jordan

For me, for Overall vocals and dancing skills, the losers are so much better as a group. I'd rather follow the losers as a group than the winners. What about you???
    The winners, anything with Chantel or AJ would suck. The only good one in the losers is Jordan and I don't like Katelyn. In the winners you have Tori, Taylor and Chauncey who can dance and Danielle, Lucy, that can sing the best.
    <3 Savannah

GO DANIELLE

FORT Newbie
    My entire point is that Jordan's voice is more powerful then Danielle's. While Danielle has better pitch, with the right vocal coach Jordan could reach Danielle's ability level and because of her stronger voice be the better singer.

All you want to do is bash Jordan. You can't bash one kid for having a weak voice and then let it slide for your personal favorite. It doesn't make sense.

Uptempo songs are the same thing. You can't bash Jordan and Chantel for having problems with up tempo songs when Danielle has those same problems.

Morgan doesn't handle the up-tempo any better then A.J. or Taylor and maybe even Tori. He gets out of breath just as much as the rest of the kids. You just like to play favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by superchris
    My entire point is that Jordan's voice is more powerful then Danielle's. While Danielle has better pitch, with the right vocal coach Jordan could reach Danielle's ability level and because of her stronger voice be the better singer.

All you want to do is bash Jordan. You can't bash one kid for having a weak voice and then let it slide for your personal favorite. It doesn't make sense.

Uptempo songs are the same thing. You can't bash Jordan and Chantel for having problems with up tempo songs when Danielle has those same problems.

Morgan doesn't handle the up-tempo any better then A.J. or Taylor and maybe even Tori. He gets out of breath just as much as the rest of the kids. You just like to play favorites.
    The point is that Jordan, Katelyn, Morgan, AJ, or Chantel didn't make the group. If they wanna make their own group they can. Chantel can't really sing at all, she's flat. The only one out of all the "losers" I'd like to see in the group is Jordan, but I wouldn't replace her with anyway cause I think the group is fine how it is. Everyone's playing favorites. People wanna kick Tori and Chauncey out and put Morgan and AJ in and the only reason why most people don't like Tori is because she has a sister and she's smaller than everyone else. Putting Morgan in it would make it look like some Broadway, MMC get up and AJ would no doubt steal the fame from everyone else like Chris did with Dream Street. Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, and Danielle are the top five in the nation out of all those people that auditioned. When you have a voting thing this tends to happen.
    <3 Savannah

GO DANIELLE

Ok since this seems to be a thead argueing on VOICE now here goes my opinion:

Lucy is an awesome singer but honestly, if I hear her voice too much on the CD, I think I'd start throwing things. Thank GOD there's Danielle to even it out. I love Lucy's voice, don't get me wrong...she's the absolute best singer in the competition...but having Lucy and Danielle in the group was a good choice because their voices are distinctively different. A group of diva clones/wannabes just sucks.

AJ...OH GAWD. I wanted him to be the last member of the group but HONESTLY...he has to be the most OVER RATED contestant American Juniors has to offer. He was branded as the "heart throb"...but have you actually closed your eyes while watching him and just listened to him sing? God, any record dealer would thank him for coming out, but tell him to come back later when his voice is better. His voice is NOT strong...Morgan and Chauncey (even tho Chauncey's voice is getting to sound shakey) BOTH have stronger voices than AJ.

Morgan. Holy crapola I feel so sorry for this kid. *nods head in disappointment* This boy can siiiiiiiiiiiiiing. 'Nuff said.

Chauncey needs to cough the bloody phlegm out of his throat, but other than that, he is a good singer and I believe that over time, he will sound great.

Chantel has a good voice. SHe just needs to learn how to control it and quit shouting. Yea and SUPERCHRIS there is a reason why Chantel's pitch is so "clear and tuned" on the CD single. It's called digital voice enhancement. Anyone can sing on the wrong key in a recording studio and the technology can change it to the rite key in no time.

I don't know why everyone in here is bagging on Danielle's voice. The judges never claimed that she was the best singer or anything so calm down. The thing they liked about her is the SIMPLE FACT that she can freakin sing ALL her songs (even cheezy ones *cough* Locomotion *cough*) LIVE and ON TUNE. Simple thing. And thats it. Most of the others couldn't do that simple thing. As for her voice range, she's quite good for someone unprofessional. She can hit low AND high notes without sounding ridiculous. Not to mention that any singer will tell you that pulling off singing in falsetto is a hard thing to do.

Jordan has a great little voice. Give this girl time and she'll be totally awsome. I think the same goes to the Thompson sisters. Their voices aren't anything special, but they can sing. In a matter of years these three will have the package. Spunk, stage presence, dancing, and singing.

Eh...Katelyn's voice is average. But I believe she has quite a range and she can hit those notes. But it really annoyed me that the stupid judges hardly commented her singing but her good looks. PUHLEASE.

Anyways, it doesn't matter WHICH combination of 5 you make, NO ONE WILL BE HAPPY. *Sigh* so just suck it up and move on I suppose. Dont like them? Don't buy the CD. Simple as that. Generally, ALL of them are very VERY talented.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by xbonesx
    The point is that Jordan, Katelyn, Morgan, AJ, or Chantel didn't make the group. If they wanna make their own group they can. Chantel can't really sing at all, she's flat. The only one out of all the "losers" I'd like to see in the group is Jordan, but I wouldn't replace her with anyway cause I think the group is fine how it is. Everyone's playing favorites. People wanna kick Tori and Chauncey out and put Morgan and AJ in and the only reason why most people don't like Tori is because she has a sister and she's smaller than everyone else. Putting Morgan in it would make it look like some Broadway, MMC get up and AJ would no doubt steal the fame from everyone else like Chris did with Dream Street. Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Lucy, and Danielle are the top five in the nation out of all those people that auditioned. When you have a voting thing this tends to happen.

I agree. Sorry if it seemed like it but my other post wasn't meant as a response to you. I like the group the way it is. I would have liked the group no matter who made it because I was able to pick what I liked about all 10 kids and become a fan of them all.

I just can't stand when people come in here and say things like "Chantel sucked" or "Chantel" can't sing. Because it's wrong. Her voice is great, and yes she goes flat and lacks range but her natural ability makes up for all of that. Can you people do better?

Danielle was consistently good, but not better then A.J. or Chantel until the very end, which the voting shows. Danielle just found the right time to break out and got the right song when she needed it. Good for her! She deserves her spot in the group.

The sad thing is that so many people watched this great show and didn't come away a fan of all 10 performers the way I did. It's too bad some of you are wasting your energy disliking great performers like Chantel, Jordan, Taylor,Tori or anyone else when you could be enjoying all ten the way I do! I feel bad for you.

All of you people are ridiculous saying Danielle is "horrible" at fast songs... That's ridiculous seeing as the ONLY fast song she even sang was "Locomotion", and it's not like anyone can do very much with that song, I mean come on... That's the producers' fault for picking that one... Other than that, all she has been given are slow songs, so I don't get your "horrible" comments about her doing fast songs... not to mention saying Chauncey was awful at them and he did NONE on the show.

By the way, I agree... All ten are VERY good in their own right... If they weren't they wouldn't have made it into the top ten out of like 2,000!

FORT Newbie
    Good post Groovy, I agree with a lot of what you said, but I just don't understand why you feel the need to bash certain people.

Then again that's exactly what I didn't want my posts to sound like. I wasn't trying to bash Danielle at all. She has a very nice voice, and yes she can sing in tune. That's awesome!! I'm just saying that give Chantel or Jordan a month or two with those American Idol singing coaches and their natural ability would improve drastically. Maybe to the point that they'd end up better all around singers then Danielle. So enough with the Chantel can't sing trash, because it's wrong. She can sing, so can A.J. and so can all the kids. But yes the Judges did make it seem like she was the best singer. The Judges suck, not the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyMe
    She can hit low AND high notes without sounding ridiculous. Not to mention that any singer will tell you that pulling off singing in falsetto is a hard thing to do.
    I don't know where you get this. Falsetto is a trick for when you can't hit the high notes with you're natural voice. It's much easier to drop down to falsetto then to hit a high note naturally, the way Katelyn does. A.J. also drops into falsetto, it increases the range, but isn't a natural transition. It's a good singing ability to have, but not as good as being able to belt out the high notes as well as the low, the way Chantel does. She just needs a little more training to stay in key and she could end up better then everyone on the show. Then you people will eat you're words.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by yahright
    Who do you personally think would make the better group in your opinion if you had to choose one:

The winners: Taylor, Tori, Chauncey, Danielle, Lucy
    OR
    The losers: AJ, Morgan, Katelyn, Chantal, Jordan

For me, for Overall vocals and dancing skills, the losers are so much better as a group. I'd rather follow the losers as a group than the winners. What about you???

Definitely the "losers", (although I wouldn't call them that).
    Chantel and AJ- Leads
    Morgan- Featured dancer
    Katelyn and Jordan- All-American favorites.

Very balanced and entertaining is what that group would be!!

FORT Fogey
    Hm..... neither! I'd have a mixture of the two. I would take certain people from the group (Danielle, Lucy), and then the others from the losers, (Katelyn, Morgan, and AJ)......

-Rach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast