+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winners or the losers??

i think jordan has a good voice!! the "losers" band actually have more of a range because they have more boys and there are 2 older girls and if they also became a band then they could do well!! there will also be less pressure on them to do well

Quote Originally Posted by superchris
    No I'm not confusing powerful with good. Yes both Chantel and Jordan go flat at times, but they have awesome voices. Uniuque, natural voices that sound nice to the ear. That's a good voice.

Yes Danielle has a nice voice, but the lack of power and uniqueness hurts her. Her voice is also much to wavey, she doesn't hold her notes as long as she should. She sings in falsetto half the time, which isn't even a natural singing voice.

She has a pretty voice, not a good one.
    lack of uniqueness? how many people have a voice similar to danielle's? chantel does have a powerful voice but she doesn't know how to use it. jordan having a powerful voice? now that's just a joke.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    lack of uniqueness? how many people have a voice similar to danielle's?.

LoL... Anyone who sings in falsetto, which is much easier then singing in the natural voice. Her vocal range is pretty much the same as Chauncey's, and not much different then Tori's.

chantel does have a powerful voice but she doesn't know how to use it.

Agreed. But like I said already, she can be taught that, probably in the time it would take to make the first album. Listen to Chantel sing on the new single, her pitch is perfect. It would be much harder for Danelle to ever come close to the power of Chantel's voice, no matter how much training she gets.

jordan having a powerful voice? now that's just a joke.
    I think you need to stop listening to Debbie Gibson and think for yourself. Listen to Jordan's performance on the last show and tell me she doesn't have a stronger voice then Danielle. When the song calls for it, Jordan can really belt it out, and she can probably hold her notes as long as anyone on the show except for Lucy. Jordan's voice isn't the strongest on the show, but it's not the weakest either.

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm bashing Danelle, because I really like her performances, especially the last few weeks, I'm just tired of everyone acting like she's so much better then the rest of the kids. All the kids are great in their own way.
    Last edited by superchris; 08-14-2003 at 07:25 AM.

i am thinking for myself. i have listened to jordan's mp3's and her voice is weak. you still have yet to name anyone danielle is similar to.

I think you need to stop listening to Debbie Gibson and think for yourself. Listen to Jordan's performance on the last show and tell me she doesn't have a stronger voice then Danielle. When the song calls for it, Jordan can really belt it out, and she can probably hold her notes as long as anyone on the show except for Lucy. Jordan's voice isn't the strongest on the show, but it's not the weakest either.
    I agree, Jordan does have a strong voice when it's called for. The reason why Jordan didn't sound as good overall compared to the other singers is because she had the WORST set of songs during this whole singing process. I mean, the songs they gave her to sing was HORRIBLE. NO other junior had a set of songs that were harder and atrocious like Jordan had to sing. Especially the 3rd and 4th songs she had to sing that really killed her chances of making the group. It's as if they were purposely sabotaging her chances by giving her downright nasty songs to sing. If the other juniors had to sing Jordan's sucky songs, they wouldn't look as good either.

Quote Originally Posted by superchris
    Agreed. But like I said already, she can be taught that, probably in the time it would take to make the first album. Listen to Chantel sing on the new single, her pitch is perfect. It would be much harder for Danelle to ever come close to the power of Chantel's voice, no matter how much training she gets.
    you don't need power to be a great singer. the studio can make anyone's voice sound on pitch and good, that doesn't make them a good live performer. just look at avril lavigne.

i am thinking for myself. i have listened to jordan's mp3's and her voice is weak. you still have yet to name anyone danielle is similar to.
    Danielle is horrible at fast songs compared to the rest of the juniors, in exception to Chauncey, he is the worst of them all at fast songs. Danielle's voice gives out when singing up tempo songs. Day dream believer and Locomotion. It's not rich and isn't powerful either. It's not consistant and pretty light during some parts. The only thing Danielle does better than most of the other juniors is when she, like Debbie Gibson said, stands their and just sings a ballad. Nothing against Danielle, I like her and she does have a beautiful sweet voice. I think AJ and morgan deserved the last spot more, but I'm happy for Danielle.

i personally thought daydream believer was one of the best performances of the season. even though locomotion was awkward, she was still on pitch.

FORT Newbie
    i am thinking for myself. i have listened to jordan's mp3's and her voice is weak.

Well, I respect your opinion Superfly, I really do. I just can't see how you don't hear the waveyness in Danielle's voice, compared to Jordan it's like she's whispering. Which is fine, like I said her voice is pretty. It just lacks power.

you still have yet to name anyone danielle is similar to.

Are you expecting me to name someone famous? Her voice (Range/power) sounds like most amateur kids at any highschool talant show. Her perfect pitch pushes her above most singers her age, and she's a good performer, but her voice doesn't stand out as anything you can't hear anywhere from kids her age.

why do you keep saying danielle's voice doesn't have power? neither i nor anyone else has ever said her voice has power. this really is going nowhere so i'll just have one final say and leave it at that. chantel and jordan are both very weak up tempo singers as well. chantel sucked in sundown and jordan's voice was way off in abc. jordan does dance good so she is a good performer in up tempo songs but that doesn't make her a good up tempo singer. morgan is the best up tempo performer.

p.s. if you want someone to hold out notes long, then get one of those mexican soccer announcers who scream "GOAL" for about 5 minutes straight.
    Last edited by superfly; 08-14-2003 at 08:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast