+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar

Interesting article

Danielle Hits High Note

I just finished reading this article. I was wondering what is in store for this group and I got my answers here. I must admit I was a little surprised by a few of the revelations. For people who don't want to read the entire article, here are the parts that answered my questions and surprised me a bit (the bold type is from me, not part of the article):

Soon she will be touring the United States and Europe on a one-year contract with Fox.

The family knew positive news was in store when Fox contacted Braden River Middle School two weeks before Tuesday and asked her teacher to send Danielle's school work to California in advance, Buckley said. The children have been tutored in reading and math all summer and will continue their studies on the road.

The five-person pop group of which Danielle is now a part is scheduled to tour for one year, Buckley said, and each child is required to bring a parent chaperone along. Danielle's family is working out those details, Buckley said.

I honestly didn't think the plans for this group were this big. Touring for a year is going to be hard on them. Granted, I don't think it is a solid year of touring, even seasoned groups like N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney or Christina don't tour for a solid year, but even a couple of months at a time is likely to be very tiring for them since they are just kids.

Well thats what they signed up for.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

FORT Regular
    Fox contacted her school 2 weeks before Tuesday??? To make arrangements for her schoolwork for this year??? That would be on July 29---well before the final performances, and well before even the fourth member was voted into the group!
    Very interesting......

FORT Fogey
    I wouldn't go to that damn tour IF YOU PAID ME!

-Rach

Im with you maleady33, I wouldnt go to that tour if my lungs were on the line. Im not even gonna watch the concert show thingy.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Quote Originally Posted by stlouischili
    Fox contacted her school 2 weeks before Tuesday??? To make arrangements for her schoolwork for this year??? That would be on July 29---well before the final performances, and well before even the fourth member was voted into the group!
    Very interesting......
    i'm guessing they contacted all the contestants since most schools start in a week or so and they probably wouldn't have had sufficient time to get all the stuff together in a short period of time.

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stlouischili
    Very interesting......
    I thought it was interesting too. I'm probably too suspicious! Maybe they did it for all of the kids just in case they made the group. Some of the kids might be starting school in the next week or so and maybe they were worried they would fall behind? Even the kids who didn't make the group will be back home before their schools start though. The schools where I live don't start until September 2nd, which is actually about a week late compared to most years. A couple of weeks ago, someone posted that schools in CA are usually year around. I lived in So Cal for 21 years (13 of which were in school) and I never went to a year around school nor did anyone I knew in neighboring cities or counties so it must be something that is different by region.

I'm not sure I conveyed what surprised me about the tour in my first post. I knew the kids were under a one year contract and would be touring off and on for the year. What surprised me is that the article said it will be a world tour. I didn't think the group would have the popularity to go beyond North America. Did Kelly, Justin, Reuben or Clay tour Europe? I didn't pay close enough attention so to me, the juniors touring outside of North America seemed odd.

FORT Regular
    I would think that also, except that the article quoted said that Danielle's parents jnew something good was in store when the show contacted Danielle's school. That leads me to believe that other kids' schools had not been contacted. Unless Danielle's school was contacted because it started earlier than the others', that is pretty telling.

Well, If any of the Juniors were Texans they would have started next week or already. Students came back to my school district yesterday.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a Congress!" John Adams in 1776

Yea...I'm foreseeing things being CHUGGED at them by die hard S Club 7/S Club Juniors fans while they perform in England....not pretty.

Hmm...perhaps the voting was rigged? Maybe they wanted to save Danielle for last sort of thing, despite the fact that she may have gotten more votes than AJ and Chantel in previous weeks? Just to make a story...not to mention them giving Danielle the "Never Had A Dream Come True" song....EH...highly doubt it but its a thought. I think they must have contacted everyone's schools.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast