+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yet Another Question From that guy ----->

Danielle's Number 1!! HurleyINT9969's Avatar

Yet Another Question From that guy ----->

ok, i think its kinda obvious that contestants dont get to pick their own songs, at least in the finals....

in the semi's tori got to sing Let Er' Rip (and thats one of her favorite songs to perform), did the producers let her pick it and sing it, or did they pick it for her in order to get her into the finals?
    See, Don't You Feel Better Now??

Kara Lieberman Fan KaraIsNumeroUno's Avatar
    okay. actually, in the semis its either one of these i forgot which one.
    it is either~~

the contestant picks 10 songs they would do and fox decides which song

or fox picks 10 songs and the contestant decides which song.

sorry short term memory! my friend that was on it told me but i forgot. sorry.
    Kara is the best of the best! The most talented of the talented! The prettiest of the pretty! and my american junior!

well i think they got to choose 5 songs (i thought) and then FOX picked from those but julie dubela's dad said that the producers picked her song...so i bet that really doesn't clear anything up but i thought i'd tell you

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by americanbabe
    well i think they got to choose 5 songs (i thought) and then FOX picked from those
    That's what I remember hearing too...But the producers could have picked the best of the five for some people and the worst of the five for others...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

FORT Fanatic
    Either way, somewhere along the line Danielle showed interest in doing "Locomotion". Whether that was her top choice or her 5th from the top, she still expressed willingness and interest in doing it.

:+:Lucy and Katey:+: CanyonsSis's Avatar
    they got to pick their own for the semifinals.
    Keeper Of:
    AJ's "Still" performance
    Danielle's "Daydream Believer" performance
    Katelyn's brother Drew
    MY PENPAL: AMERICANBABE

FORT Frosh
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Either way, somewhere along the line Danielle showed interest in doing "Locomotion". Whether that was her top choice or her 5th from the top, she still expressed willingness and interest in doing it.
    According to what she told the St. Petersberg Times, she accepted the challenge of singing it, but it wasn't her choice.

FORT Fanatic
    Dude..give it UP. We've established that said quote was taken out of context - no one would talk that way to the media when they're in the biggest contest of their life.

Quote Originally Posted by CanyonsSis
    they got to pick their own for the semifinals.
    that's what i always thought too. someone ^ said that the producers picked julie's song though.

FORT Frosh
    Dude..give it UP. We've established that said quote was taken out of context - no one would talk that way to the media when they're in the biggest contest of their life.
    Let's see... the Bradenton Herald last month reported the producers picked Good Morning Starshine for Danielle. Then the St. Petersberg Times quoted Danielle as saying she didn't pick the songs, a remark that has been directly denied by no one.

And then today, the St. Petersberg Times reports:

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/08/14/Ar...ser__to_.shtml

And even though she has complained about some of the songs producers selected for kids during the competition, Danielle is confident the American Juniors CD will feature better material.

"(Before), they were trying to give us a challenge," she said. "But these (CD) songs, they're going to try and make it their best. Because they're selling these albums."

+ Reply to Thread