+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: something that makes me alittle mad

FORT Newbie

I SO agree with this posting

I think that when a person gets into the music industry, they pick the type of music that they like/believe in, and they run with it.

Would we ever expect Toby Keith to sing anything other than his quirky country music?

Would we ever expect Alanis Morisette to sing country?

I don't think so. And even though she's a talented singer, I question how well she would do singing MoTown.

I think that the contestants should be able to sing what's best going to demonstrate their abilities. I think that Audrey de Montigny should be able to sing us a song in her native language. Her voice is already incredible, imagine if she could sing in her *own* words.

In my opinion, Tyler was out of his element last week, and he made the song "his own" just like the judges always tell the contestents to do.
    I think he performed in true Tyler form.

Then northern Alberta suffers a power outage on voting night, and Tyler is sent home.

It just makes me sick.

*Just my two cents worth*

http://www.geocities.com/tylerfans2003/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    The Canadian one was somewhat of a disaster too as Sarah M isn't the only Cdn songwiter. What happened to Alanis , Nelly Furtado , Sarah Harmer even Joni Mitchell . Hello !!!
    Not even starting to mention the male songwriters.
    (Neil Young for example)
    Two of them even did the same song !
    Who picks these songs?
    From what I understand, there's a catalogue of songs each week that the contestants choose from. I think it was Jake or Zack on E-Talk this week that said they had over 150 different Motown songs to pick from in the catalogue. So I'm assuming each week they have a selection of numbers that they've paid the rights for. Then the singer selects which song they most wanna sing.

I think if 2 singers want the same song, they should be forced to flip a coin for it. I wouldn't vote for either singer if they selected the same songs. They need to be told not to do it and not voting for them is the best way to get that message across to them.

I don't understand why they were so limited in their Canadian Hits picks. 3 Blue Rodeo, 3 Sarah M, I was hoping for a Guess Who/Burton Cummings song from Billy, Audrey should have sung a French song in French where we'd hear her in her element.

Motown was even worse. No Diana Ross, No Supremes, No Gladys Knight, and the worse rendition of a Marvin Gaye song I'd ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerFan
    Then northern Alberta suffers a power outage on voting night, and Tyler is sent home.
    I don't believe you!

Quote Originally Posted by IdolCanadien
    From what I understand, there's a catalogue of songs each week that the contestants choose from. I think it was Jake or Zack on E-Talk this week that said they had over 150 different Motown songs to pick from in the catalogue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12