+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the current group

No offense to the Thompson's, but I lost interest in the show after they were both selected for the group.
    It seemed to me the group was going the way of "cuteness" and some very good performers would miss out.

I wish them every success though, I'm sure they're all great kids.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    yahright said- "Taylor can't sing as good as her sis, Tori. She only sang one song and got in, while most of the others, more talented than her are still fighting it out week after week. It's as if they wanted to put Taylor in the first week cause if we saw her sing other types of songs, we'd see all her flaws. After just one performance, we don't actually know if Taylor is actually talented as the other kids. Can you imagine Taylor singing "Colors of the Wind," she'd suck. "

I totally disagree, Taylor is just as good as Tori is. Just because Taylor did a good job with "Proud Mary" and got voted in first doesn't mean that she is a bad singer. You said it yourself that we don't know if Taylor is a good as the other kids, so how can you say that she's not any good, when you haven't even heard her that much. Like someone else said if someone like Danielle or A.J. had gotten voted in first you wouldn't like them either.

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirly Sue
    I totally disagree, Taylor is just as good as Tori is. Just because Taylor did a good job with "Proud Mary" and got voted in first doesn't mean that she is a bad singer. You said it yourself that we don't know if Taylor is a good as the other kids, so how can you say that she's not any good, when you haven't even heard her that much. Like someone else said if someone like Danielle or A.J. had gotten voted in first you wouldn't like them either.

excellent post Swirly Sue
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

FORT Newbie
    SoccerStar712 said:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tori and Taylor do not belong in the group at all!
    1) They had a unfair advantage because they were sisters and they double their chance of making it in the group
    2) We never saw much of them
    3) Taylor is good but I need to see more of her to see how good she really is
    4) Tori's voice is so weak , though Let er' rip was really good her next to performances were horrible.
    5) There are others better than them

The group will be:
    Taylor
    Tori
    Chauncey
    Lucy
    Danielle

The group should have been
    Danielle
    Lucy
    Morgan
    Chauncey
    Katelyn

What do u think?

I think that your points are very weak. One, it's not their fault they're sisters, don't act like it's their fault when it was America who voted them in. Second, how is "We never saw much of them," a reason why they don't belong in the group? Do you mean that because we didn't see much of them, we didn't get to see how talented they are. And your fifth point is only your opinion, not America's.

The group will be:

Taylor
    Tori
    Chauncey
    Lucy
    A.J./Chantel/Danielle/Morgan

The group should have been:

Taylor
    Tori
    Lucy
    Morgan
    and either Danielle or Chantel

I know the group should probably have another boy, but neiher Chauncey or A.J. are that good. I don't even know which one I would pick first. Chauncey has a weak voice, and I just don't like A.J., his voice is ok, but I don't think is that cute. Why must the group have a "heartthrob?" There are plenty of successful groups out there that don't have one.

FORT Fanatic
    I love you Shaenee, lol. I didn't even have to say it!
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

FORT Fanatic
    To whoever said the thing about Gladys/Chantel, I will say it for the LAST TIME: Jive/19E/Fox do NOT want Chantel in the group anymore, so the judges did what they could to kill the fanbase. Will it work? I don't know.

I also don't see why Morgan is getting so much credit now - while AJ has been better the past few weeks. After the first two weeks of the finals, Morgan proved he deserved it over AJ. But, he's fallen apart and AJ's been very good recently, so I honestly don't see where people are getting this. AJ also has more of a mature sound - just compare his "Still" performance to Morgan's "Falling In Love".

The group should probably be:

Lucy
    Danielle
    AJ
    Katelyn
    Taylor

only because Chantel's voice is just too annoying already and she's shown she is not too versatile. But, Katelyn really isn't any expert performer either - she doesn't know what her limitations are and embarrassed herself trying to hit the high notes on last week's show.

At least Taylor knew she couldn't sing ballads - but sang the faster, upbeat songs very well. Jordan and Tori, who have more of a Taylor style, could not sing as well as her.

So, while Katelyn is probably the worst ballad singer of the four more mature girls, Taylor was the best pop singer of the three younger girls.

FORT Fanatic
    To whoever said the thing about Gladys/Chantel, I will say it for the LAST TIME: Jive/19E/Fox do NOT want Chantel in the group anymore, so the judges did what they could to kill the fanbase. Will it work? I don't know.
    I totally disagree. I don't think 19E put Gladys up to that. Gladys spoke the WAY obvious, which I saw way back during Stoney End, and I point out during each group song. Chantel can not do both, and her singing towards the end of the competition was not going to make up for her lack of dancing anymore. I thought for sure she was a shoo-in. If she gets in this week, I don't know how it'll happen.
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

Morgan should hae been i the group but i hope it is chantel i am pretty sure it is her. That would be so sad if she didnt make it
    Mariah TLC Lil Kim Christina Jennifer Hudson Guy

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    I saw it first as

Tori
    Taylor
    Chantel
    Katelyn
    Danielle

now its

tori
    taylor
    lucy
    chauncey
    and one more

1 boy would look dumb. so its gotta be aj
    chantel deserves to be there she has power in that voice of hers. lucy i dont think should be there. she was in the top 3 once!
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

I think the group should be:

Danielle
    Lucy
    Morgan
    Chauncey
    Jordan

I only say Jordan because all groups need the cutesy type, and she would be the best out of the 10 finalists. She can sing and dance, and her voice isn't amazingly strong, but she's a good preformer and knows how to work the stage. The only reason I don't think she should be in the group now is because there's already too much of the cutesy type...take taylor and tori...i mean, think about it...tori's NINE. NINE, ppl. She may be okay, but her voice has a lot of growing up to do. So far, there's a 9 year old, 2 11 year old's, and a 14 year old. It's not balanced in the boy/girl department or with age...

Even though I said the thing about age, I still think Danielle should win the final spot because her voice is just as mature as Lucy's, and although she's small, her voice makes up for it.

If they do do the surprise 6th person? I want it to be Morgan. I know it won't be, because of all the AJ hype, but he's a good preformer and singer, and he fits between Chauncey & Taylor and Lucy. Make sense?

I don't know if any of this is logical or could've worked, but as of right this minute, that's who I would want the group to be.

And I honestly don't know who the final person is gonna be. Before last week, I would've definitely said AJ (although I still would've really really wanted it to be Danielle), but after her performance on Tuesday, ya never know.

With a hug and a kiss I'm out like this,

p.s. I had my buddy icon first, before whoever else has the same one...I'll have to make it prettier...
    -eMi-

DANIELLE ROXX! GO DANIELLE!

+ Reply to Thread