+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Never Had A Dream Come True Would've Worked Better W/ Lucy & Danielle

  1. #21
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani321
    Personally, I didn't like Danielle singing that song, period. Danielle's version was several notches below the original, and she missed several major key changes. ... Danielle's voice is far to plain to "belt it out" the way that song requires. She didn't, and I think it ruined the entire song.

    Lucy definitely could sing that song with all the right key changes.
    I disagree in so many ways!

    First of all, I had never heard the song before, but I just downloaded S Club's version and gave it a listen, and I found it very disappointing. It just didn't have the "soul" that Danielle infused it with.

    Also, if you like the original better, you gotta remember that it had the advantages of multiple takes, studio production and post-processing, etc. Danielle was singing it live on stage, probably only a few days after first learning it.

    Not sure what key changes you're referring to, I think Danielle nailed them perfectly, as Deborah Gibson pointed out.

    I think Danielle's voice was perfect for this song... so sweet and sincere! But it's not just her voice, it's her overall performance; the conviction in her delivery, her eye contact... she almost had me convinced that she's experienced this kind of love and loss in her life, which is of course unlikely at age 11!

    I will agree with you on one thing: Lucy could have done a great job with this song. I love Danielle, but Lucy's a real pro, with great range and versatility. That, along with the fact that the group already has its share of female voices, is why I didn't vote for Danielle, even though she was my favorite. The group needs another male voice, and Chauncey needs another guy to hang out with! Besides, Danielle doesn't need this group in order to succeed.

  2. #22
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    774
    Danielle pretty much sang the song in one voice and had trouble changing for the riffs and bridges. Her "voice" is great, but if you hear the original - you'll see that you need more of a power singer to pull it off. Evidence is shown when she tried to hit that "I FOOOOOUUUUUUUNDDDDDD You". She seemed to be straining to try and give the riff some attitude, even though it was not a high note and most people with stronger voices could've pulled it off.

  3. #23
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by danielleroxx
    Chantel singing Never Had a Dream Come True???? Um...no. IMO, that would NOT have worked. Personally, I think Danielle did a WONDERFUL job on that song--I missed Tuesday night's show, so I didn't get to see her, but I downloaded the song and it's AMAZING. I don't know what you can find wrong with it...sometimes you (as in, you in general) need to step back and just listen to the song...stop trying to find stuff wrong with it!!
    Who knows...if Danielle gets in the group they may have Lucy do it with her, but Tuesday was her time to shine as a soloist, and I think she did it beautifully.
    So. Enjoy the music. It is what it is.
    With a hug and a kiss I'm out like this,
    **
    Yeah, I agree that she did an amazing job last week. Where did you download the song? I've been looking all over for it!

  4. #24
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Danielle pretty much sang the song in one voice and had trouble changing for the riffs and bridges. Her "voice" is great, but if you hear the original - you'll see that you need more of a power singer to pull it off. Evidence is shown when she tried to hit that "I FOOOOOUUUUUUUNDDDDDD You". She seemed to be straining to try and give the riff some attitude, even though it was not a high note and most people with stronger voices could've pulled it off.
    I have heard the original. So what? There's more than one way to sing any given song, you know. Not every song needs to start out soft, and then lead into screaming power vocals.

    I happened to like Danielle's rendition, both on its own and compared to the "original". Just MO... YMMV.

  5. #25
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by sugaNspice7570
    Yeah, I agree that she did an amazing job last week. Where did you download the song? I've been looking all over for it!
    For the S Club 7 version:
    http://www.mp3miracle.com/SClub7/NeverHadADreamComeTr

    AJ audio may be obtained from:
    http://www.idoljr.org/

  6. #26
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    774
    But, say that she released that record simultaneously with SC7 (I know that wouldn't happen..just bear with me). When that song is brought up in trivia or covered or whatever - they're not going to think of the Danielle version, they'd think of the Sc7 version because it was better and more memorable.

  7. #27
    Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lauryn's Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    But, say that she released that record simultaneously with SC7 (I know that wouldn't happen..just bear with me). When that song is brought up in trivia or covered or whatever - they're not going to think of the Danielle version, they'd think of the Sc7 version because it was better and more memorable.
    .........or they didnt hear danielle's version.............
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

    - Nokomis - Theresa

  8. #28
    Jlynn and Danielle Fan xbonesx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Age
    27
    Posts
    68
    I think Danielle did soooooooo good. She was my favorite one that night and out of all those kids, Danielle and Jordan fit the group perfectly. The fact that Danielle's version was different from the original made it good, it was her own.

  9. #29
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    15
    I just think it's grossly unfair to judge an 11-year-old girl's live performance against a professionally produced studio recording by a more mature singer!

  10. #30
    Kara Lieberman Fan KaraIsNumeroUno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    277
    eesh calm down
    Kara is the best of the best! The most talented of the talented! The prettiest of the pretty! and my american junior!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.