+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Song Choice Rumors *CRUSHED* + Will There Be A Season Two?

FORT Fanatic

Song Choice Rumors *CRUSHED* + Will There Be A Season Two?

Okay, I spoke with the publicist assigned to American Juniors by FOX. I didn't want to impose by asking like thirty questions..yet, but I'm going to ask more soon.

First of all, the songs are chosen by the kids. The way she said it, the producers get a list of songs and royalty rights, and then the children do have the final say. Hence proving that Danielle article false.

Additionally, AJ2 still is on the schedule for the fall season.

FORT Fanatic
    And, for those interested, the woman seemed EXTREMELY nice and pleasant towards me, and while my site, eNewsZone.com is quite large, it's not Entertainment Weekly or anything. It's clear that they want all the press attention they can get.

So does this mean they are giving us a second season?
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

FORT Fanatic
    I don't believe the decision's been made yet. But, FOX obviously isn't going to tell me "NO" if it's still up in the air, because that would mean that they're admitting the show bombed.

YeahYeah, with all the reports I have seen to the contrary, (from pretty good sources) I have a really hard time believing that story about who picks the songs. It wouldn't be the first time 19E has lied, so I guess I'll wait until after the show for some of the kids who are no longer involved to tell why they picked each of the songs they did.

FORT Fanatic
    Then, 19E lied to fox, which I highly doubt.

But, one question I'll be asking tomorrow morning is whether or not any press has had backstage interview rights. If not, we know the Danielle article was false.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    YeahYeah, with all the reports I have seen to the contrary, (from pretty good sources) I have a really hard time believing that story about who picks the songs. It wouldn't be the first time 19E has lied, so I guess I'll wait until after the show for some of the kids who are no longer involved to tell why they picked each of the songs they did.
    Hey zippy- From the stuff that you posted earlier, your sources looked credible (they were family members of contestants if I remember correctly)...but were you able to find out if any of the sources were verified?

It makes more sense to me that the songs are decided by the kids themselves. In American Idol, most of the grown men/women can't even pick the right songs to flatter their voices...so why should we think that kids could?

Even if the kids are picking the songs, they aren't completely responsible for the song selection. As YeahYeah said, 19E will clear a list of songs for the kids to sing that they feel are appropriate for the show. So, it's not like the kids can pick any song in the world- they are choosing from a list of pre-approved songs. Makes sense to me.

Don't believe everything someone tells you. And be careful what you believe. Sometimes the human mind makes the mistake of believing what it wants it to believe, instead of what makes more sense.

FORT Fanatic
    Yahright, I'm not going to lie that's what FOX told me. The direct source is the ONLY truly accurate place to go.

Plus, proof of my legitimacy was seen with me posting news about a soundtrack album - then boom, they confirm it that night.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Yahright, I'm not going to lie that's what FOX told me. The direct source is the ONLY truly accurate place to go.

Plus, proof of my legitimacy was seen with me posting news about a soundtrack album - then boom, they confirm it that night.
    I believe that's what they told you, because you seem honest and you have no reason or motive to lie to us or anyone on the board. But I would be careful if a direct source has a reason or motive to lie. If I was with a tv company, I could lie to you because I'd have motive, which is that I would want to prevent my show from looking bad or getting bad press. OJ, who was facing prison time, would look you right in the face with a smile and say he's innocent. Does that mean we all should believe him?

About the soundtrack, I'll give you credit, nice find. My comments have nothing against you or your reports, if that's what they said, then report it, because that's what they said. Though what they said and what they do, might not necessarily be what's going on, but I'm just pointing out, not everything people say is going on is actually going on, especially if their is a motive behind it.
    Last edited by yahright; 08-06-2003 at 10:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast