+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Song Choice Rumors *CRUSHED* + Will There Be A Season Two?

The "here's a list, pick a song" certainly makes sense, its a pain in the butt sometimes getting the royalty situation sorted out and can take MONTHS getting permisision and you can get charged for a Cadillac when the songs worth more like a VW Beetle. However in essence they are still more or less picking the songs for the kids because they have NOOOOO clue what to sing from a list of songs from 1962 ( for instance) and the kids probably ask/beg for suggestions. What Danielle said still makes sense - "we don't get to pick our songs" i.e. I wanted to sing a really cool hip hop trance infused version of Scooby Doo this week but they made me sing something from 1782. I don't think the fact that they get to randomly pick something from the list matters much to them at that point.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

FORT Regular
    The judges have made comments indicating that the songs are chosen by someone other than the children, so that part seems iffy to me.

AJ may be on the fall schedule just because FOX really doesn't seem to have anything good to air instead.

Quote Originally Posted by stlouischili
    AJ may be on the fall schedule just because FOX really doesn't seem to have anything good to air instead.
    The results show isn't on the schedule, and they haven't done any auditions, so I don't see how it could air AJ2 in October.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    The results show isn't on the schedule, and they haven't done any auditions, so I don't see how it could air AJ2 in October.
    Maybe the next AJ will bring back all ten kids and they will make a show like "Making the Band." Someone get this idea to Fox now!!! It will be a hit!!!!!

FORT Fanatic
    I'm sure they have final say - but there is the possibility that the six-ten songs you hear each week are the ONLY songs on the list.

Meaning, the 1962 week, the producers probably played the ten songs at a meeting. Then, they'd be like - Lucy, it's your call, but you might do well with Breaking Up Is Hard To Do. Therefore, maybe someone took a song Danielle wanted - so her list was limited.

I'm sure kids have the final say on their song choice (and their parents are involved) but the selection could be limited.

FORT Regular
    They pulled the first AJ together pretty quick. On one of the radio stations in StLouis they said that about two weeks before the scheduled air date they didn't even have the judging panel in place. It seemed like Ryan was brought in to announce AJ at the down-to-the-wire last minute.
    So it's possible that they could get it together for Oct. or move the debut date back a couple of weeks like they did for the first AJ.
    Then again, who knows?

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    You don't think they'd lie to you? They rigged a competition with over 22 million votes (AI 2).. I dont think lying about song choices would be a big deal to them.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    And, for those interested, the woman seemed EXTREMELY nice and pleasant towards me, and while my site, eNewsZone.com is quite large, it's not Entertainment Weekly or anything. It's clear that they want all the press attention they can get.
    YeahYeah what's with all the pop up windows on your site? It took me a minute to close them all before I could see what was actually on the site.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelyn&Carmen
    You don't think they'd lie to you? They rigged a competition with over 22 million votes (AI 2).. I dont think lying about song choices would be a big deal to them.

Um, how did they rig AI2?

Yes, praytell, share with us how you know that AI2 was rigged...:rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast