+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guest Judge For Tuesday

They need to have guest judges that kids actually know who they are. As for Dionne Warwick . Never heard of her.

FORT Fan
    Dionne Warwick- a goddess in the msuic world. Talent.

FORT Fan
    LOL>> why not just have Miss Cleo on and be done with it??

Seriously tho, I think the producers are making a mistake by not having on someone more contempary...Kelly C. would also be a good judge JMO

I really wish that for this last show they would not pidgeonhole the kids into these old "year" themes...let them sing songs of their choosing..

sigh...JMO

Quote Originally Posted by freebiesite
    I really wish that for this last show they would not pidgeonhole the kids into these old "year" themes...let them sing songs of their choosing..

sigh...JMO
    i wish they would do that too. but o well :rolleyes
    Last edited by starry night; 08-03-2003 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy
    Dionne Warwick was a big singing star in the mid-60s, so she is a contemporary of Gladys. She is also Whitney Houston's aunt.

"Warwick was discovered by the music/lyrics team of Burt Bacharach and Hal David, who used her initially on demos, and finally started cutting her on her own. They hit the jackpot, as Warwick showed she could handle anything thrown at her, and soon she was their primary vehicle not only for rhythmic numbers like "Wishing And Hoping" and "Walk On By," but also for sophisticated pop like "Do You Know The Way To San Josť?" It was a perfect match: Warwick's flexible, subtle, always convincing voice made Bacharach/David's songs seem better than they were, while Bacharach's tricky, elegant melodies made Warwick seem like a better singer than she was."

http://www.warr.org/warwick.html

I bet we're going back to the sixties again this week.
    yay thank you finally someone answered me

Dionne Warwick... hmm... didn't she sing a song Lucy sang. I think it was "Make it Easy On Yourself". I remember Ryan saying that. Does anyone else?
    K e l s e y

Keeper of:
    1* All of Jordan's performances!
    2* Jordan's tears!
    3* AJ's face and hair!

FORT Fanatic
    Dionne and Gladys are pretty good friends, and have worked together in the past. I believe Gladys has also mentioned calling "her friend Dionne" on a past episode.

She had a huge hit with "That's What Friends are For"--I believe Gladys was on that as well. I know Stevie Wonder was, and I know there were a few others.

Of course, she's most famous for being Whitney's aunt and faithful spokeswoman for the Psychic Friends Network...
    Congratulations Tori and Taylor!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12