+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Junior Bands?

Two Junior Bands?

Just a thought...there should be two american junior bands, one with the winners and the other with the ones that didn't get voted in. Since all the kids r pretty talented. I just thought that since on american idol, the last two people and even last three finalists dont really "lose." They just dont get a contract from 19. Guarini and aiken both lost but they have cd's out just like how ruben and kelly have their's.

If two junior bands are created, there wouldn't really be a "loser" and no one would be disappointed.

FORT Fanatic
    Well, I think the difference is that second place is one thing - but the other five aren't one unit. It's like when those dumb kids fail their driver's test by getting like a 78. You didn't miss by one, you missed by 11. In this case, America had FIVE chances to put you through to the group and didn't. That's a pretty big margin.

I'm sure that if there is interest, they may be contacted - but I wouldn't imagine any success.

Plus, Clay & Justin are good. America didn't like them as much as Ruben & Kelly, but if you classify the five losers as a "unit", that means you have people like Jordan and Katelyn in the group to weigh you down.

See, plus if you follow this logic, it's like saying that someone who made the semis really came in third place. But they didn't they came in 11th-20th. Clay was in second place. The remaining five finalists are in 6th-10th.

FORT Fanatic
    Also, if there's a second group formed by 19e, what was the point of competing in the finals. Lucy worked hard and made sure her voice was on-track to get voted in. Jordan didn't do as well. Why should they get the same reward? What kind of message would we be sending to America's hard workers?

Well the two groups wouldn't be under contract by 19. This is just an idea if the five that didn't get into the junior band, they could start their own.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahYeah
    Also, if there's a second group formed by 19e, what was the point of competing in the finals. Lucy worked hard and made sure her voice was on-track to get voted in. Jordan didn't do as well. Why should they get the same reward? What kind of message would we be sending to America's hard workers?
    What is the difference between that example and the ruben and clay thing. Ruben worked hard and he won. But they both got recording contracts. Another group wouldn't have to necessarily be under 19e. So it wouldn't really be the same reward, because the junior winners would probably get more exposure and endorsements than the non-winners.

Jordan Fan + #1 Cedes fan trunks's Avatar
    I like the idea, however, it is very unlikely.

FORT Fanatic
    Two people versus ten people. I'm sorry, but the top two on a talent show is one thing - you cannot argue that ten people deserve record deals because they appeared on a tv show.

FORT Fan
    Clay was good and deserved his success. Justin, on the other hand... er...

Quote Originally Posted by trunks
    I like the idea, however, it is very unlikely.
    Yea, i was just dishin out the idea. It would be interestin tho to see if the non-winners could match the winners.

Snellville... hometown of music's next big superstar.
    Quote Originally Posted by GroveingIt
    Clay was good and deserved his success. Justin, on the other hand... er...
    LOL the thing is, Justin doesn't have any success. Clay's talent miles ahead of Justin's IMO.
    YDiana DeGarmo One VoiceY

She dreamed... the impossible dream. She fought the unbeatable foe.
    She's still standing better than she ever did...

This is it! This time I know it's for real.

MY AMERICAN IDOL
    Did you think this fool could never win? Look at her, she's coming back again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast